Very morbid topic, TW... cremation or traditionally buried? - Page 4 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Very morbid topic, TW... cremation or traditionally buried?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 ~Sharkay~

~Sharkay~

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5118 posts
  • LocationThe garbage truck fire that is the U.S.

Posted 29 November 2021 - 11:53 AM

Any viable organs will be donated and my tattoos will be cut and preserved for those who want them then the rest of me is getting cremated. I want my ashes scattered in the ocean.

• trajska likes this

b777a0986097775fa9835d44cf4c074a.png

#62 crossings

crossings

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 01:33 PM

Not morbid at all, more people should talk about this. I actually want a Natural Organic Reduction. Which is basically getting turned into soil. Sadly it's only an option in 3 states right now.
Other 'fun' things I have thought about are a sea burial, a natural burial (no coffin/casket or embalming), and aquamation (like cremation, but with water) and donating my body for art.
I'm hella into the low waste lifestyle so NOR is the way for me.
I come from Gaia and I will return to her.

#63 skinnyballerina0

skinnyballerina0

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 04:19 PM

I kind of want to be cremated and spread among nature, like mushrooms and moss and flowers and just somewhere peaceful. I think I'd be happy to lay there forever, but I would maybe want to also be able to have music, so idk. I know that you can get turned into a vinyl, but that freaks me out a little bit lol. Maybe I could be a tree with words carved into it haha, like song lyrics? Idk I just want to find somewhere and something peaceful

#64 Morose.

Morose.

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 November 2021 - 04:51 PM

First off, make an LLC and put whatever you want to give to your family as part of the company. This way when you die the government can't take half through inheritance taxes and other bullshit.

As for me, leave me where I died. I've thought about it and that's about the only thing I'm really comfortable with. So..wherever I pass on at, leave me there.
<p>Standing at the precipice of my own destruction, only to better myself.

<p>Vengeance is my motive.

#65 littlegnome

littlegnome

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • LocationHyrule

Posted 29 November 2021 - 09:04 PM

I’d like to be cremated and my ashes scattered into the sea. Geez, I didn’t know it was a thing, but it’s nice to know it is.

Unfortunately for traditional reasons I’ll be buried, probably. So I had the crazy idea of someone yeeting a lock of hair off my corpse and cremating that, then throwing the ashes into the ocean.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚145cm˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

CW 38GW 30HW 50LW 25

d7fsbiw-e34c22cc-52d2-4b3c-b237-3c836b92

#66 Sugar_Witch

Sugar_Witch

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1944 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 November 2021 - 09:41 PM

1. Donate any organs that are salvageable.
2. Cremate the rest because I dont want to be a zombie.
3. Put cremated ashes in a creepy urn and keep it in my family home.
4. I will find a way to haunt my family which will be hilarious because nobody believes in ghosts.
5. My family sells the haunted house for a crazy amount of haunted money and live happily ever after.

TLDR cremation because decaying corpses are gross.
  • jpi332 likes this

#67 MissGypsyRose

MissGypsyRose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 10:27 PM

At this point I don't know if I can get back to my lowest (not just weight, in terms of ED too) so I'm not sure if it'll be that if I'll finally give in and kill myself because I'm sick of this life. I haven't written out a will but I did decide which friend would be best to take my dog and I wrote a page describing who I want to take him and why and I always leave it in a prominent place in my apartment.

For your initial question though, I'd prefer cremation because it's cheaper and I really don't care what happens to me after I'm dead and want to be the least bother. I guess if my family REALLY wanted a burial for them that's fine. But I'd rather cremation. 

#68 Starfiegirl

Starfiegirl

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1347 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 12:00 AM

I always told my kids to go ahead and have me mummified and construct me a golden pyramid and bury me

5'8"

old AF

HW 180 (pregnant)

LW: 113 (Feb 2017)

CW: 114

#69 orbitlbs

orbitlbs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 01:36 AM

i definitely want to be cremated. i dont have any particular place i want my ashes though. i guess id like my closest friends and family to split my ashes between them and use them in the way theyd like and would help them move on the best, whether that be keeping them in an urn, making them into a ring or necklace, sprinkling them somewhere they think id like, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

╭━⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅━╮

today was a thin day
♡⑅*˖•. ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .•˖*⑅♡♡⑅*˖•. ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .•˖*⑅♡

but there will always be thinner

╰━⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅━╯

161cm | cbmi 19.1 | ugbmi 13

124 123 122 121 120 119 118 117 116 115 114 113 112 111 110 109 108 107 106 105 104 103 102 101 99 98 97 96 95 94 93 92 91 90 89 88 87 86 85 84 83 82 81 80 79 78 77 76 75

゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿ ♡ ✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚

#70 wishingmell

wishingmell

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 01:46 AM

I wanna be cremated and have my ashes put in a spoopy glass skull keepsake that will one day end up in an antique store so I can haunt some poor unsuspecting stranger.

• Twintails likes this

🌻 fairy boy 🌻

#71 Twintails

Twintails

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 02:09 AM

Natural burial for me! I’m a big proponent of normalizing conversations about after death and death care. Everyone in my life knows my wishes.

I want a natural burial too! No big cement vault to be lowered into, no embalming, just buried in the ground in a light wicker casket. If possible I’d like to have a rose quartz headstone, but I know that might not be possible. I also wouldn’t mind an actual open air pyre (hello theatrics!), but that’s kinda difficult to arrange legally lol

FYI I don’t plan on dying anytime soon. I plan to die of old age a very, very long time from now. I’ve just watched a lot of Ask A Mortician (Catherine Doughty) so I’ve thought about what I want done lol

#72 Anhedonic-trash

Anhedonic-trash

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed

Posted 30 November 2021 - 05:36 AM

l've made it pretty clear to everyone that l am  to be cremated

qXQ606kMr0Y5G.gif

#73 jpi332

jpi332

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2222 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 07:12 AM

1. Donate any organs that are salvageable.
2. Cremate the rest because I dont want to be a zombie.
3. Put cremated ashes in a creepy urn and keep it in my family home.
4. I will find a way to haunt my family which will be hilarious because nobody believes in ghosts.
5. My family sells the haunted house for a crazy amount of haunted money and live happily ever after.

TLDR cremation because decaying corpses are gross.

Finally, someone else who thinks the same. I can’t find any other resources or anything for people whose fear of death stems from that.

"Funny but it seems I always wind up here with you,

nice to know somebody loves me"

#74 TinyCray

TinyCray

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14148 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 07:14 AM

I want to be turned into a tree but never have written that anywhere, so maybe I’ll just get buried bc that’s what my normie family does.
Once you’re death you’re nothing, so who cares anyways.

d1fmf3u-91a3d385-ff96-4194-affd-2db45b47

F / 24 / INFP / European
Undiagnosed but possibly: 
AN-r and C-PTSD
162 cm / Underweight since 2015

More stats in the spoiler

d64rsq8-bd8557f3-bead-483c-9430-dcc52db5

Spoiler

#75 Izroion

Izroion

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 02:40 PM

I've thought about it alot. Cremation. I do really like the idea of tree Cemetaries (watched a TED talk on it) but not sure if they're really a thing yet. I'm an organ donor as well, if I'm dead I ain't gonna need them lmao

HW: 170.4 (God)
Lw: Same as CW now
155.0 (Sep 19, after a short fast! New LW!)
153.6 (Sep 29)
152.8 (Nov 4, god awful b/p cycle)
149.8 (Nov 20)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users