Getting help in Wales UK - Starting at a higher BMI - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Getting help in Wales UK

Ana Recovery Wales Uk Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Finding Myself... Again

Finding Myself... Again

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 11:47 AM

Hi I'm wondering if/how you got help from ED services in the UK, specifically Wales if possible.

I'm asking as I'm currently overweight but suffering with ana again. Ana has been with me for 20years where I was underweight, however I was on stimulants for 6years that had the side effect of weight gain. My ana was never about weight, but a way of coping with everything, a way of control. It still is. Im rapidly losing weight, and happy about it, however I realised I need help to stop these behaviors as they are so intense. I've been referred to ED services for assessment, but been told that unless my like is at risk, I won't get treatment. Is this true? Have any of you received help in the UK? How hard was it to get?

Although if I don't get help, I'm currently loving what ana is doing to my body! My motivation for recovery is slowly dying and I'm embracing what feel like my natural behaviours.

#2 elaxo

elaxo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationUK Wales

Posted 11 January 2022 - 10:36 PM

I live in Wales!!

I tried to get help a few months ago and all they did was put me on anti depressants  :mellow:  

current weight - 13.2 stone/184lbs

goal weight one - 13 stone

goal weight two - 12 stone

goal weight three - 11 stone

goal weight four - 10 stone

goal weight five - 9 stone (by june 2022)

goal weight six - 8 stone

goal weight seven - 7 stone

ultimate goal weight - 6 stone

In the UK we measure weight in stone so that's why my weight is in stone (14lbs = 1 stone)

#3 *daisydreams*

*daisydreams*

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1968 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 January 2022 - 02:50 AM

Hi 😊 Have you tried contacting BEAT for advice and support? There are helplines and chat rooms, as well as lots of information - all via their website - "The UK's Eating Disorder Charity - Beat" https://www.beateatingdisorders.org.uk

#4 *daisydreams*

*daisydreams*

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1968 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 January 2022 - 02:50 AM

Sorry, accidental double post.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ana, Recovery, Wales, Uk, Help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users