Dealing with binges in the morning - BED Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Dealing with binges in the morning

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Avesta

Avesta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 04:29 PM

Just curious how y‘all deal with in the morning throughout the rest of the das. I really struggle with restricting when I binge earlier in the day, e.g. in the morning. Like every time I binge on like 1000 calories at 10am or earlier I often just end up binging again or just overeating as soon as I get to my „planned“ mealtime or get hungry.

#2 Mindful Lady

Mindful Lady

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 November 2021 - 05:24 PM

Normally I'm fine in the morning and for most of the day, it's when I arrive back home from work that the binge hell starts. Although I have had phases when I would start bingeing in the morning and carry on throughout the day, without doing anything else, wasting my life away. Why do we do this to ourselves? It's crazy.

#3 JbLynn

JbLynn

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 December 2021 - 11:02 PM

If I binge in the morning then I often feel like the rest of my day has been completely ruined. Sometimes I'll try to heavily restrict and then I'll get a craving for something later and say f-it and binge on even more food... honestly I hate it so much.

If I eat on a schedule and high restrict on a regular basis, then I am able to not binge and to also lose steadily. I used to be able to just acknowledge the binge no matter what time of day it was, and then get back on track with my next planned meal or snack. I know in the moment that can feel  hard when the urge is to restrict, but I also know that in the long run it is not just healthier but ends up being less calories overall for my day since I am so likely to just end up binging for the rest of the day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users