Food makes me feel safe - BED Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Food makes me feel safe

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CocoaButterfly

CocoaButterfly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 07:30 PM

I hate food. I hate what it's done to me. I gained back 20 pounds this year. I am 185lbs...I hate that I love it so much. I hate that the fat in fried chicken makes me feel cozy. Even when I was younger, when I was at my skinniest; when I didn't want to sleep, socialize, stay at home or even EAT, somehow food snuck it's way into my life.

Fried chicken, spicy ramen, cake, chips and pizza. I just eat and eat until my stomach feels like it's going to burst. It nearly does.

No matter how many times I purge or starve or exercise, I will still be fat. It's hopeless. I don't have friends my age to to be my buddy. I don't have the strength to do it by myself. It's embarrassing that I eat so much...my body is repulsive to look at. I feel so...alone. And that's how food has me on the hook. It's claws digging into me knowing I can't do anything.

I don't know what to do anymore.
  • PIXELBATH, Maria Sophia, BurningOpal and 1 other like this

#2 calorieph0bic

calorieph0bic

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 02 December 2021 - 02:01 PM

Reading this was heartbreaking.
You're not damned to be fat, no one is. You can reach your goal, just don't give up hope. I'd recommend also professional help. Do you go to therapy or a clinic?
  • Maria Sophia likes this

#3 Maria Sophia

Maria Sophia

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 December 2021 - 02:38 PM

185 isn't that big. How we feel about ourselves effects every aspect of our life. It is imperative that you make friends with  yourself. This won't happen overnight. This is a process that you work on every day. Everything about your decisions, and how you allow other people to treat you, who you date, how high you set your aspirations will be affected. Every time you tell yourself something negative, think of 3 things you like about yourself. 3 things that matter. Do this every time. When you look in the mirror, find something you like. Skin, eyebrows, fingernails. Something. Begin liking yourself somewhere. Do what you have to do, to become your own friend.

• mashunya likes this

Spoiler

#4 PIXELBATH

PIXELBATH

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Location𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐫 ゚+..。*゚+

Posted 02 December 2021 - 04:49 PM

You are not alone. ive been there before, many of us have. You will make it though this, you will get better with food. Never stop believing in yourself. I know how hard it can be. Unfortunately the only advice i have is try to find your comfort in something else and focus on that, wether its losing weight or another passion in your life. Keep telling yourself that you will seek comfort in that other thing. I know it sounds a little silly but the brain is kind of stupid, If you tell yourself something long enough you might just start to believe it. Thats what worked for me. <3 stay safe friend, never give up! <3

• BurningOpal likes this

【 5 ' 5 

h w : 163

c w : 128 :/

g w : ~95   

【 160  155  150  145  140  135  130  125  120  115  110  105  100 】

‏‏‎ ‎

.。*゚+.*. 。   my accountability ゚+..。*゚+

‏‏‎ ‎

gallery_1122066_66337_1028999.gif

‏‏‎

If you're reading this, I love you

vent thread

#5 AnxiousBunny

AnxiousBunny

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 December 2021 - 04:08 PM

You are not alone. We are all here for you. I promise you are not doomed to feel this way forever, and recovery is waiting for you when you feel ready.

#6 SicklySweet145

SicklySweet145

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 01:44 AM

You are not alone. We are all here for you. I promise you are not doomed to feel this way forever, and recovery is waiting for you when you feel ready.

Beautiful comment. So true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users