I feel like if I don’t restrict perfectly I’ll never get married - Age 30+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

I feel like if I don’t restrict perfectly I’ll never get married

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lofimoons

Lofimoons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 December 2021 - 09:31 PM

I’m 31 and single and feel the urge to restrict perfectly so I can get to a more “beautiful” weight. I feel like if I can lose 20 more pounds I have the chance to meet a nice person and get married. I know it’s probably too late for me, but it’s my current motivaton.

#2 Barbie The Wire

Barbie The Wire

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 02 December 2021 - 09:50 PM

So relatable. I'm in the same boat.Back to restricting again.Especially being tall if I'm not thin enough it shows more.

#3 smile2244

smile2244

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 02:31 AM

I wouldn't want someone to marry me for my looks, I'd want someone who would genuinely love me.

I bet you are a beautiful person inside and out, you will find the right person when it's the right time

• Farida and Lofimoons like this

#4 thenameless

thenameless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 03:41 AM

Yeah, I feel the same, though I'm awful with this relationship stuff in general. I'm not a good relationship material, because I'm broke and with no accomplishments in my life, also not very romantic/affectionate, so I can at least try to look better, because my face isn't ugly, it's my body... so my looks is the only thing I might be able to achieve to be more desirable.

• 1caloriechip likes this

#5 Lofimoons

Lofimoons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 05:52 AM

Yeah, I feel the same, though I'm awful with this relationship stuff in general. I'm not a good relationship material, because I'm broke and with no accomplishments in my life, also not very romantic/affectionate, so I can at least try to look better, because my face isn't ugly, it's my body... so my looks is the only thing I might be able to achieve to be more desirable.

Damn you nailed my feelings entirely except I’m not even cute in the face 😂 so my only hope is to have a decent body, which I’m failing at right now. Restricting has just been super hard this month.
  • 1caloriechip and thenameless like this

#6 1caloriechip

1caloriechip

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 07:01 PM

This motivates me so much. I’ve been with my boyfriend nearly 6 years, I’m turning 35, my dad is terminally ill, my boyfriend is not going to marry me. I live in another country for this guy and he won’t even marry me on paper for a visa. I’m probably never going to get married either and thinking about how even if I somehow pull it off my dad probably won’t even be there makes me feel like I’ve wasted so much time. I feel like at 31 you still have a good window as long as you don’t pick the wrong person. Good luck.

171 / 5'7" | hw ~70 | lw ~52 | cw 59.9 | gw 53.5 | bmi 18.3

154 153 152 151 150 149 148 147 146 145

144 143 142 141 140 139 138 137 136 135

134 133 132 131 130 129 128 127 126 125

124 123 122 121 120 119 118 117 116 115

114 113 112 111 110 109

#7 Lofimoons

Lofimoons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 07:24 PM

I wouldn't want someone to marry me for my looks, I'd want someone who would genuinely love me.

I bet you are a beautiful person inside and out, you will find the right person when it's the right time

I literally have nothing to offer and my face is worse than my body. I have 0 hope of finding a partner who will genuinely love me because there is nothing worth loving. Im realistic and know if I can work hard and improve my body then maybe someone will at least entertain me with marriage.
  • thenameless likes this

#8 rcanina

rcanina

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2395 posts

Posted 06 December 2021 - 04:37 PM

same tbh

#9 back_to_skinny

back_to_skinny

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2440 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 07 December 2021 - 10:58 PM

Obviously, I don't intend to rain on your parade. Once I had the same ideas about attracting a romantic partner who would love and marry me. Even though I have reached an underweight BMI, people who do not suffer from EDs would call me skinny, dainty, ask me if everything is alright because of my weight... I am not married. Thankfully, I found a partner who loves me dearly but he loved me dearly when I weighed 10 kg more as well. The point I'm trying to make is that despite loving me and my underweight BMI he hasn't proposed yet. There is just more to love and marriage than just good looks.
  • Lofimoons likes this

my stats and thinspiration 

Spoiler

FtGE.gif

♥ being a loving partner 

dreaming of my own home

fingers crossed 

#10 Lofimoons

Lofimoons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 05:45 AM

Obviously, I don't intend to rain on your parade. Once I had the same ideas about attracting a romantic partner who would love and marry me. Even though I have reached an underweight BMI, people who do not suffer from EDs would call me skinny, dainty, ask me if everything is alright because of my weight... I am not married. Thankfully, I found a partner who loves me dearly but he loved me dearly when I weighed 10 kg more as well. The point I'm trying to make is that despite loving me and my underweight BMI he hasn't proposed yet. There is just more to love and marriage than just good looks.

I definitely understand where you’re coming from. I know there is much more to love and marriage than looks, but looks is a major factor for a lot of people and I have no good qualities so my looks is a tangible thing I can improve upon.
  • thenameless likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users