I Am Sober - BED Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

I Am Sober

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AnxiousBunny

AnxiousBunny

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 December 2021 - 04:36 PM

Do you find that “streak apps” such as I Am Sober and Quitzilla help you stay binge free or do they have an opposite effect? Feel free to share your experience and help out a fellow disordered peep.
  • theneonidiot likes this

#2 theneonidiot

theneonidiot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 December 2021 - 04:59 PM

i feel like it depends. i havent used it much for binge eating but i want to start. i use it for self hsrm and i feel like it can be helpful but it can also do more harm than good if you obsess over the number. i was 6 months clean from sh and that was my goal and i obsessed over it and then i didnt know what to do after that so i just relapsed bc i didnt have a reasonnto continue. basically it just depends on how obsessive you are over it at least for me.

• AnxiousBunny likes this

THEY/ANY • MINOR • EDNOS

---

stats:height:5'6" hw:225 lw:184 cw:195

goals:180,150,130,110,???

#3 AnxiousBunny

AnxiousBunny

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 December 2021 - 04:40 AM

i feel like it depends. i havent used it much for binge eating but i want to start. i use it for self hsrm and i feel like it can be helpful but it can also do more harm than good if you obsess over the number. i was 6 months clean from sh and that was my goal and i obsessed over it and then i didnt know what to do after that so i just relapsed bc i didnt have a reasonnto continue. basically it just depends on how obsessive you are over it at least for me.

Thank you for the response, I understand what you mean! Hope you are able to recover from your SH.
  • theneonidiot likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users