I am having a "F*** it" day! - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

I am having a "F*** it" day!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Eufelchen

Eufelchen

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 07:37 AM

After restricting to a 600-1000 cal deficit in the last weeks, exercising/walking daily and generally being miserable without seeing any movement on the scale for months now, I am saying "F*** it!" today and eat what I want! I even installed an app that blocks me from accessing mfp!

It is super scary and exciting, and I don't know if I won't feel super guilty later on.

It might also be a first step to recovery as I am planning some major life changes that might actually address some root causes of my ED. Aaah! Scary!

Please send some encouragement, e.g. success stories of major weight drops after a "cheat day", haha!
  • it’s fine, dreamwastaken, bubblyblonde and 2 others like this

#2 wrapped-in-plastic

wrapped-in-plastic

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 10 January 2022 - 09:35 AM

sounds dope! enjoy yourself, you deserve a break and I'm sure it's gonna help boost your metabolism too <3

• Eufelchen likes this

1,68 m (5'6)

CW: 64kg (141lbs)

GW1: 60kg (132lbs)

GW2: 555kg (121lbs)
GW3: 50kg (1110lbs)

UGW: 45kg (99lbs)

tumblr-pa0lopp-Htj1sqjmzko1-500.jpg

#3 v!wvuv

v!wvuv

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1451 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 09:36 AM

Good job! It's good (mentally and physically) to give yourself a break every once in a while. I had a few too many fuck it days during the holidays lmao, but honestly one day won't do any 'damage'. And as you said, you might even get a woosh a few days after (has happened to me many times, switching up the routine your body gets used to does miracles). Hope you don't feel too guilty, you have no reason to feel guilty over one day out of 365!

• Eufelchen likes this

#4 Fragilepotato

Fragilepotato

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 10 January 2022 - 09:52 AM

Great idea!!!❤️
  • Eufelchen likes this

#5 tove lo

tove lo

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2200 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 10 January 2022 - 10:00 AM

You got this shit!! Your body will appreciate it, and this might be the extra push your body needs to break the plateau :) if not, it still won't do any harm and you'll get to actually enjoy food for a change<3 happy for you
  • Eufelchen likes this

#6 Eufelchen

Eufelchen

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 10:47 AM

Thank you all so much!

I think I are around tdee so far, but I am actually quite full! Not logging anything is the harder part and I am really happy I installed the app and had a lot of work calls to keep me occupied.

Will update what the scale does in the next couple of days, though

#7 Eufelchen

Eufelchen

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 10:47 AM

Dp

#8 sarahhoward641

sarahhoward641

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 10:56 AM

I did a cheat day from Keto because I hit a wall, lost like 3 pounds. It sounds like you really deserve it. Go for it!!! Enjoy the day!

• Eufelchen likes this

Height 5'7"

SW 170

CW 160

GW 130

UGW 115

BMI 25.1

Doing Keto along with intermittent fasting

Accountability Thread

https://www.myproana...70-down-to-130/

#9 Eufelchen

Eufelchen

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 05:13 PM

Going to sleep now and feel massively bloated but not quite as guilty as I expected.

I did eat a lot, but no idea how much. Definitely over tdee, but not enough to gain a kilo of actual fat. I am scared of stubborn water retention, especially since I didn't drink enough I think. But now it's too late anyways.

Just weighed myself out of curiosity, 2 kg up. Curious to see what it will be in the morning...

#10 Seal with a Meal

Seal with a Meal

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2760 posts
  • LocationNYC, USA

Posted 10 January 2022 - 05:21 PM

Just weighed myself out of curiosity, 2 kg up. Curious to see what it will be in the morning...

glad you have the mindset of knowing that your weight will be increased temporarily but it won't be enough to gain that much, it's going to keep you sane in the long run! if your weight is still high the next morning try to remind yourself it WILL come down. after a day of eating normal/binging my weight sometimes takes 4-6 days to return but it will happen!

• Eufelchen likes this

❤️‍🔥 5'1'' & 89 lbs
❤️‍🔥 gw: 85 lbs

Accountability/Journal

Spoiler

#11 Eufelchen

Eufelchen

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 02:41 AM

glad you have the mindset of knowing that your weight will be increased temporarily but it won't be enough to gain that much, it's going to keep you sane in the long run! if your weight is still high the next morning try to remind yourself it WILL come down. after a day of eating normal/binging my weight sometimes takes 4-6 days to return but it will happen!

Thank you, yes, I was actually debating whether or not to weigh myself in the coming days. But I am almost scientifically curious how my weight will react. I am sure I can't have gained any actual fat from the amount I ate, it will be water retention, food weight and so on.

Down 0,75 kg already this morning. I still feel bloated, but not as bad as I thought.

#12 Seal with a Meal

Seal with a Meal

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2760 posts
  • LocationNYC, USA

Posted 11 January 2022 - 02:46 AM

Thank you, yes, I was actually debating whether or not to weigh myself in the coming days. But I am almost scientifically curious how my weight will react. I am sure I can't have gained any actual fat from the amount I ate, it will be water retention, food weight and so on.

Down 0,75 kg already this morning. I still feel bloated, but not as bad as I thought.

I think whatever's best for your mental health you should do of course! but i will say i'm glad i decided to check my post-binge/maintenance day weight as an "experiment", because now i know how long my body usually takes to get rid of food weight. only if you're sure it won't send you into a spiral though!

❤️‍🔥 5'1'' & 89 lbs
❤️‍🔥 gw: 85 lbs

Accountability/Journal

Spoiler

#13 VaporwaveGirl

VaporwaveGirl

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4900 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 02:51 AM

Enjoy your break!

Sometimes fasting helps, you can still eat what ever but just wait in between meals.

O N L Y P R O G R E S S M A T T E R S ◆

giphy.gif

I obsess over food, not eating

Spoiler

Spoiler
<p>

#14 Eufelchen

Eufelchen

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 12 January 2022 - 04:06 AM

No movement in weight today, BUT I somehow have a different mindset! Planning some major life changes and that gives me a totally different energy.

I ate at maintenance yesterday and felt pretty okay. So I will keep on going with maintenance, though without counting calories, already deleted mfp.

Wouldn't call this recovery as I still plan to stay at around 50 kg (BMI 15), but will allow for fluctuations and just try to take the pressure off. My TDEE is pretty high (1600 sedentary, but with 400-600 active calories on top), so it should really make life more relaxed.

Scary stuff...
  • dissolve and danceswithelves like this

#15 Eufelchen

Eufelchen

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 15 January 2022 - 04:29 AM

Yesterday I restricted "by accident" and that seems to have been enough to re-set things!

Weighed in at 48.9 kg this morning, so even a little lower than before my "Fuck It" days!

#16 Eufelchen

Eufelchen

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 16 January 2022 - 04:56 AM

Not that anybody asked for it, but here goes another update!

Restricted again yesterday (but mostly because I was busy and didn't take the time to eat properly, plus went for a treadmill run) and today I am down to 48.4 kg.

Damn, the number is so low again that it's rewarding and I kind of want to continue restricting to see how low I can go :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users