Please tell me I’m not alone in this - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Please tell me I’m not alone in this

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Cripple Crow

Cripple Crow

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4042 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 02:56 AM

I don’t eat over 500 but I also have to make sure all the food I eat is BLAND and not very tasty. Even coffee ; I make sure I buy the gross instant stuff. I eat chickpeas with no seasoning. I only eat the brand of yoghurts I don’t like. The only thing I try to make taste ok if the zero cal noodles - I suppose because they are just off the scale gross lol

I don’t know if this is punishment OR whether it’s because I’m worried that if I eat something yummy I WILL WANT MORE AND LOSE CONTROL ? Maybe a bit of both?

#2 LeanCaffeine

LeanCaffeine

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 03:15 AM

I do the same, Im scared of food I enjoy eating, I feel super guilty if I enjoy my food too much. my brain tells me "that's not very anorexic of you, fatty" 

• Cripple Crow, AlexBrandi and Delight like this

#3 eingeschneit

eingeschneit

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Locationplanet earth 🌍💗♻️

Posted 14 January 2022 - 03:17 AM

Same but I grew to like the bland stuff like unseasoned chickpeas ;(
  • LIBERTÉ likes this

how long can u resist the choco bar?

eternity

where is the lyrical content?

Spoiler

Argyroneta aquatica

#4 poiuytr

poiuytr

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3580 posts
  • LocationState of Denial

Posted 14 January 2022 - 03:29 AM

I don't but that's a great idea.  I do eat the same food over and over so I'm tired of it and not tempted to overeat.

mdJZlzb.gif

cute-anorexic-chicks-thrurscays-o-kdlt-f

My blog:

https://thinandhealt....wordpress.com/

#5 morningbird

morningbird

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2883 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in space

Posted 14 January 2022 - 03:30 AM

ahah im the exact opposite. all has to be as “worth the calories” as possible. we come in all shapes and symptoms - i know many who’re like you, and then there’s the other extreme that uses a tub of seasoning and ten sachets of sweetener per meal.
  • it’s fine, Spamton G. Spamton, I'm a black rainbow and 7 others like this
avoiding being sectioned while looking for better help

accountability:
https://www.myproana.../#entry76405513

#6 Cripple Crow

Cripple Crow

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4042 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 03:57 AM

It’s interesting how we all have our own little neuroses and habits!!! Funny creatures humans, aren’t we?

#7 lithesome

lithesome

Certified Diet Coke Addict™

• Accountability access
  • 5516 posts
  • Locationa shitty country in eastern europe

Posted 14 January 2022 - 04:02 AM

I don't really relate, but for some odd reason I do like my coffee to taste as shitty and depressing as possible. I sweetened it with erythritol once and it was really tasty, but it felt wrong lol.

tumblr_ll7wgcEB5I1qi6qow.gif bodychecks | accountability40-day fast ✓  tumblr_ll7wgcEB5I1qi6qow.gif

tumblr_o3lnfswVgH1twgsxao1_400.gif

hbmi: 17 tumblr_inline_p7gikbj0Ae1snulow_540.gif lbmi: 12 tumblr_inline_p7gikbj0Ae1snulow_540.gif gbmi: 11

#8 FeedMe

FeedMe

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 04:04 AM

I can’tttt. I have to be able to enjoy my food. It’s the only thing I really have left to enjoy. But I do find low calorie alternatives to my fave foods
  • StarvingLlama*-* likes this

#9 bella bambi

bella bambi

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 04:11 AM

i feel you! i like my food and my drinks to be as bland as possible. i eat my oatmeal plain, my coffee black (no creamer, no sweeteners, no anything, basically). i haven't had coffee in a while though, i've developed this strange fear of fluids.

too much spice and seasoning in food overwhelms me. the taste, the calories, it's all just too much. makes me totally freak out.

honestly, i just want the food i'm eating to taste like it's from the hospital. 

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

hi! i'm bella <3

15 years old

diagnosed with restrictive anorexia nervosa

h 168 cm

hw 56 kg, bmi 19.8

lw 43,3 kg, bmi 15.3

cw 44,1 kg, bmi 15.6

gw 38 kg, bmi 13.5

#10 Hazle Weatherfield

Hazle Weatherfield

Phoebe Caulfield

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17834 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 05:52 AM

I'm pretty much the same, the most I'll add is a small amount of salt. I've preferred bland food for as long as I can remember though so maybe that's just how I am.

d25915f00ca4f0b4a3d1f51de09c2178.jpg

#11 underachievingoverachiever

underachievingoverachiever

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 07:25 AM

I can relate. I have troubles with hunger signals already and if I were to eat something tasty I would feel guilty bc I’d feel greedy. Like if I don’t feel hungry, and eat despite that bc I need energy - that can already make me feel guilty. If what I eat is tasty on top of that, it’s guilt x10 & I would be afraid to eat too much.
Also, I have a problem with feeling too good / too happy in general, it makes me feel uncomfortable. A false sense of safety bc Ik I hate myself.
Also, sensory overload. Eating and cooking and heating things up is already stressful enough, don’t need even more for my brain to work with. That’s why I prefer “ok” food and eat my oatmeal cold, for example.

#12 StarvingLlama*-*

StarvingLlama*-*

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17881 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 January 2022 - 05:57 PM

ahah im the exact opposite. all has to be as “worth the calories” as possible. we come in all shapes and symptoms - i know many who’re like you, and then there’s the other extreme that uses a tub of seasoning and ten sachets of sweetener per meal.

I'm the same if I have to restrict I at least want to make it worth it so I eat my favorite food that I know I'll enjoy like chocolate, gummy candy, cookies and protein bars and other junk food. I think if I'm restricting myself why do I have to suffer even more might as well eat what I like!

Gesendet von meinem M2007J17G mit Tapatalk
  • morningbird, v!wvuv and beAbody like this

#13 iwasneverhere01

iwasneverhere01

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 06:35 PM

ahah im the exact opposite. all has to be as “worth the calories” as possible.

this is how i think too, if youre gonna eat something and its not worth the calories, drop it and find something youll actually enjoy to make it worth it. But, those end up leading to eating more because its good, and then not only have you binged, but its all on good tasting and junk food, even more calories T_T so... taking notes from the bland method.....

• morningbird and v!wvuv like this

"i don't have to eat this right now, i can eat it later"

height: 5'1 (155), age:18                               

hw: 130 (59)         bmi   24.6

lw: 102.6 (46.5)    bmi   19.2

cw: 105               bmi    19.8 

gw: 103 (46.7)     bmi    19.5

ugw: 90 (40.8)      bmi    17

live in usa  (EST)

#14 morningbird

morningbird

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2883 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in space

Posted 15 January 2022 - 03:02 AM

this is how i think too, if youre gonna eat something and its not worth the calories, drop it and find something youll actually enjoy to make it worth it. But, those end up leading to eating more because its good, and then not only have you binged, but its all on good tasting and junk food, even more calories T_T so... taking notes from the bland method.....

the thing is i make sure EVERYTHING i eat, (and on high restriction) is good and flavorful, so binge urges are nonexistent :) because i know there’s gonna be more tasty food coming later
  • iwasneverhere01 likes this
avoiding being sectioned while looking for better help

accountability:
https://www.myproana.../#entry76405513

#15 Orio

Orio

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • LocationEurope (Germany)

Posted 15 January 2022 - 03:05 AM

I allow myself to eat the leftovers of my kids food that falls to the floor.  Of course I count cal but I am not worth to eat a real cracker, just leftover crumbs.

• iwasneverhere01 likes this

HW: 69 kgs - 152 lbs

after I tried recovery with the help of medication, and I really, really tried

LW 1: 38 kgs - 84 lbs

as a minor

LW 2: 42 kgs - 92 lbs

as an adult

GW: 47 kgs - 103 lbs

Height: 166 cm - 5.4 feet

• AN-R diagnosed at the age of 9
  • AN-b/p diagnosed at the age of 13
  • since then a mix of AN and B
  • 37, mom of two, healthy BMI
  • I suffer, I am not on a diet!

#16 emptyemotions

emptyemotions

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 15 January 2022 - 03:13 AM

I don't really relate, but for some odd reason I do like my coffee to taste as shitty and depressing as possible. I sweetened it with erythritol once and it was really tasty, but it felt wrong lol.

same. the darker and bitter the better. im miserable the entire time drinking it but somehow it feels right

#17 Cripple Crow

Cripple Crow

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4042 posts

Posted 15 January 2022 - 03:15 AM

I allow myself to eat the leftovers of my kids food that falls to the floor. Of course I count cal but I am not worth to eat a real cracker, just leftover crumbs.

This makes me so so sad to read :(

#18 beAbody

beAbody

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1502 posts

I eat a little of what I like or very and make my food taste as good as possible. but sometimes I enjoy bland or weird safe food like hot sauce on a rice cake when im really sad lol 

#19 Cripple Crow

Cripple Crow

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4042 posts

same. the darker and bitter the better. im miserable the entire time drinking it but somehow it feels right

Same. I’m drinking a hideous one now. God we really are sick aren’t we
  • emptyemotions likes this

#20 CloudAngel1

CloudAngel1

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 January 2022 - 03:26 AM

I'm with the other group. I make sure my limited calories are worth it by tasting good. Also if I don't like it or it's not good enough for the cals I'll give it away. I restrict enough I'm going to at least enjoy the little things I allow myself
  • morningbird and v!wvuv like this
Sent from FBI Van WiFi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users