How to be quieter? - Bulimia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How to be quieter?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ChoadSmoker

ChoadSmoker

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 08:36 PM

How do yall make less gagging and retching noises? I live in an apartment and the bathroom is very small witg the window in an air shaft. Obviously I keep the window closed and run the shower etc to mask, but do worry about neighbors hearing and potentially saying something to my fiance. I have tried relaxing but no amount of deep breathing seems to reduce the sound. Anyone have any techniques they can share that have been able to help bring the decibel level down?

#2 lunoct

lunoct

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 08:39 PM

for me what did the trick was CHEWING everything down to liquid (adding condiments and sipping milk/juice as needed), and when i'm purging i'm standing up, legs straight, bent over at my waist with my head as far down as possible. that way the puke comes out pretty streamlined and i make less noise

• koshka, engorgedfairy, s.aturn and 2 others like this

epic bulimic who really likes video games.

BMI is a myth based on eugenics and racism.

current height: 5'5 / 167cm

current weight: 69-71lbs / 31.2-32.2kg

tumblr_n91mpyRBGN1s7an0do1_500.gif

Romans 15:13

#3 ChoadSmoker

ChoadSmoker

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 08:40 PM

for me what did the trick was CHEWING everything down to liquid (adding condiments and sipping milk/juice as needed), and when i'm purging i'm standing up, legs straight, bent over at my waist with my head as far down as possible. that way the puke comes out pretty streamlined and i make less noise

I've been squatting, definitely gonna try bent at the waist next time and see if that helps. Thank you!
  • lunoct likes this

#4 lunoct

lunoct

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 08:41 PM

I've been squatting, definitely gonna try bent at the waist next time and see if that helps. Thank you!

you're welcome! remember to rehydrate afterwards

• FragileDolly and ChoadSmoker like this

epic bulimic who really likes video games.

BMI is a myth based on eugenics and racism.

current height: 5'5 / 167cm

current weight: 69-71lbs / 31.2-32.2kg

tumblr_n91mpyRBGN1s7an0do1_500.gif

Romans 15:13

#5 sickness666

sickness666

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 09:55 PM

idk if its easier hf or not but ill puke into my mouth closed so its silent and then spit it out. thats how ive been doing it at night with my dad in the room next to me ://
you can also use other sounds to drown it out like music, tv, running water etc
  • ChoadSmoker likes this

#6 scarecrows

scarecrows

wildly inappropriate whore

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7025 posts
  • Location.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................shinji ikari's cum hand

Posted 14 January 2022 - 10:35 PM

for me, two things

1 - standing and just bending down. the food doesnt have to fight against gravity, so its less retching

2 - the longer you do it, the more your gag reflex dies, and the less sound it makes

• ChoadSmoker likes this

╔⊶⊷⊷⊶⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗

ᵇᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ ᵗᵒ ᶜᵘᵐ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ˢⁱⁿᵏ ᵗʰᵃⁿ ˢⁱⁿᵏ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜᵘᵐ

╚⊶⊶⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

ZfwfHfR.gif

support homeless LGBT+ youth

Spoiler

Spoiler

#7 LIBERTÉ

LIBERTÉ

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Locationlost at sea

Posted 15 January 2022 - 12:01 AM

I agree with Scarecrows ^

Also for me drinking the right amount of liquid so the vom has a thicker consistency and doesn't make splashing sounds

• ChoadSmoker likes this

5'5"

cw 84.4 lbs

bmi 14.06 

updated 12/2021

#8 xxl

xxl

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 7113 posts

Posted 15 January 2022 - 05:52 PM

I hf purge so I don’t make much noise
Neighbors don’t usually intervene and people’s first conclusions are not bulimia. Most people will think pregnancy, sickness, food poisoning before jumping to bulimia. Wouldn’t it be weird if you went up to someone’s husband and was like “why does your gf puke all the time? Is she pregnant?” That would be pretty invasive like not your business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • lunoct and ChoadSmoker like this

#9 ChoadSmoker

ChoadSmoker

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:56 AM

I hf purge so I don’t make much noise
Neighbors don’t usually intervene and people’s first conclusions are not bulimia. Most people will think pregnancy, sickness, food poisoning before jumping to bulimia. Wouldn’t it be weird if you went up to someone’s husband and was like “why does your gf puke all the time? Is she pregnant?” That would be pretty invasive like not your business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dated a guy who had a neighbor that audibly barfed a lot. Never would have said anything of course but I'm really paranoid, I know it's highly unlikely but it's just stressful.

HF doesn't do it for me, I've done it but it just doesnt satisfy the same for some reason.

But I gotta say the standing up thing is a game changer. Totally quieter and faster. I feel mad dumb that I've been squatting this whole time like wtf brain, come on. Thank you guys so much!

#10 beAbody

beAbody

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:00 AM

I dont gag much anymore but occasionally I will make a loud cough in the middle of my purge after drinking water thats when I get nervous 

• Soon-to-be-Skinny and ChoadSmoker like this

#11 ChoadSmoker

ChoadSmoker

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:02 AM

I dont gag much anymore but occasionally I will make a loud cough in the middle of my purge after drinking water thats when I get nervous

I can't drink soda during bp cause it will randomly cause a loud puke explosion. Super gross but kiiiiinda funny? Ever since I stopped squatting and started standing it's super quiet

#12 engorgedfairy

engorgedfairy

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6749 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted Yesterday, 02:48 AM

i dont know about using fizzy drinks or chewing to liquid.

i do both, and my partner can hear me shoving fingers down my throat through a closed window into the backyard. and if i use sparkling water, i end up projectile vomiting and have to aim, im sure it can be heard...
  • ChoadSmoker likes this

Starting weight: 113 (hospital weight)

Current weight: 65kg (Nov 2018)

Goal weight: 50kg (2022)

pm

100 | 85 | 75 | 59 | 54 | 49 | 44 | 35 | 30

vegetarian, wannabe fruitarian,
GAD, early psychosis, weed

BPD, AN-BP, PCOS

<p>My collection of thinspo

#13 beAbody

beAbody

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:19 PM

I can't drink soda during bp cause it will randomly cause a loud puke explosion. Super gross but kiiiiinda funny? Ever since I stopped squatting and started standing it's super quiet

yeah I used to drink sparkling water during my purges bc I thought it would help but now I dont and its the same. I also stand bc its easier for me but it hurts my back more tho lol 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users