Anyone Else Doesn’t Have A Calorie Limit? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Anyone Else Doesn’t Have A Calorie Limit?

anorexia restriction calories

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 redrighthnd

redrighthnd

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 09:37 PM

Idk if im like weird or something, i used to have a limit but now that i don’t i eat even less, i still count them and i’ve found that my intake stays around 300-400 everyday which is pretty cool. Does anyone else do this and if so, has it also worked better/faster for you?

#2 hentai

hentai

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1173 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 14 January 2022 - 09:46 PM

i don't have a limit either and lately ive been hovering around 600 cal/day. for me it works better because im more motivated to just keep my intake as low as possible rather than trying to fit everything into a certain number of calories.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk
  • coldskin and redrighthnd like this

he/him

5'4

eed0ddb0c17572f372d35d6c8bff647e.gif

#3 coldskin

coldskin

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2591 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 09:58 PM

i don't have a limit either and lately ive been hovering around 600 cal/day. for me it works better because im more motivated to just keep my intake as low as possible rather than trying to fit everything into a certain number of calories.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Been there too! Pray for me please to be like this again 🥺
  • hentai likes this

#4 tboy_swag_666

tboy_swag_666

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 January 2022 - 10:20 PM

I don't have an official cal limit, I just try to eat as little as possible without my parents getting suspicious lol. 

5'7"   |   SW 137.0 (2016)   |   LW 119.7   |   HW 177.6   |   CW 154.2 (BMI 24.2)

On all levels except physical I am a skinny boy

#5 marzipanmouse

marzipanmouse

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 14 January 2022 - 10:21 PM

most days I'm just kinda as low as possible, I have a loose limit but that's my real goal

#6 Caffeinated Penguin

Caffeinated Penguin

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Locationtx

Posted 14 January 2022 - 10:25 PM

Same here, I’ve been hovering recently between 350-700. I find that it’s kind of freeing but I also really really love a specific limit.

#7 Seal with a Meal

Seal with a Meal

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2607 posts
  • LocationNYC, USA

Posted 14 January 2022 - 10:36 PM

me neither i kind of range. currently I'm averaging in the 600s. I tend to range between 400-750

❤️‍🔥 5'1'' & 89 lbs
❤️‍🔥 gw: 85 lbs

Accountability/Journal

Spoiler

#8 Ama-chawn

Ama-chawn

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1283 posts
  • Locationthe abyss

Posted 15 January 2022 - 03:40 AM

I don't have a limit, since they will only stress me out and I'll end up eating less than the limit for a while, and then overeating to the point that I gain.

Rn, I just eat as much as I want, half the times I'm hungry. I eat more on some days, less on others. But the average is pretty close to my BMR so I'm mostly maintaining.

Ah, Love! could thou and I with Fate conspire

To grasp this sorry Scheme of Things entire

Would not we shatter it to bits

and then Re-mould it nearer to the Heart's Desire!

​-Omar Khayyam

20210926-104916.jpg

[she/they]

167 5'6

cw:97 gw:88 ugw:77 bmi:15.7

#9 it’s fine

it’s fine

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1301 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 15 January 2022 - 04:25 AM

me! i don’t have a limit. i don’t have ANY “rules” actually. i don’t like rules and limits, in any context. they always make me angry. the only real rule i have for myself is that i can’t be low restricting anymore. i need to keep my minimum intake as close to BMR as possible.

i take things day by day and see how i’m feeling emotionally and physically, and i let that dictate my intake. especially now that i’m 2.5 months into a solid calorie deficit. it’s become a routine.

it makes eating with my husband easier, and means that i don’t have those days where i end up 50 over my limit and feel insanely guilty. been there, done that, glad i’m not there again.

my brain does get really loud when my intake is above 1200 just because like…my disorder started with MFP. but i keep reminding myself that my TDEE is usually high. and that usually helps.
🌱🌸

#10 0CalCake

0CalCake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 January 2022 - 06:35 AM

I dont have a calorie limit, but i normally feel guilty about what i eat. I feel guilty if i eat breakfast, i feel guilty if i choose a higher calorie option for lunch when theres a lower calorie option that i like, even if i really want the higher cal option, and i feel guilty if i eat dessert if ive already had more than ~700 calories that day. It depends on the day really but i generally eat about 8-900 calories a day

#11 LeanCaffeine

LeanCaffeine

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 15 January 2022 - 09:54 AM

its easier with less pressure and obsession, I dont have a limit but tend to eat 800 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anorexia, restriction, calories

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users