bouncing between extremes (rant) - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

bouncing between extremes (rant)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alicemiller19

alicemiller19

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2700 posts

Posted 15 January 2022 - 04:27 AM

i don’t know why everything is so much harder now. i either restrict below 300 calories and feel like death or i binge for 3 days straight until i am physically about to die from pain. i tried everything i tried high restriction i tried maintaining i tried metabolism days/cheat days i tried recovery but it always ends up with either extreme restriction or binging… it’s becoming self sabotage at this point and i’m so tired. Mid december last year i gained 6kg in a binge cycle and i was so dedicated to lose the weight. i did. lose it and i reached a new lw two days ago, and now i’m back to binging. i just want to cry i don’t know why i do this
  • Emonstrocity and LIBERTÉ like this

🍩

#2 Laura1982

Laura1982

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 15 January 2022 - 06:18 AM

Aww I’m so sorry you’ve been going through this, it happened to me too around probably October last year… I’d been able to restrict so easily for months before this but eventually I began to start eating more and binging more especially after alcohol…it sucks, I can see all my weight coming back that I’d worked so hard to lose… I’m guessing it’s extreme hunger that we’re going through after restricting so long. Our bodies are probably literally crying for more food! You’re not alone my lovely, I don’t really know what to say other than I empathise completely and hate this binge side of my ED. X

#3 49kg_goal

49kg_goal

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 January 2022 - 06:31 AM

So sorry you feel like this :( but you‘re not alone! I experience the same things and it has been like this for years honestly. Restricting very low very easily, then „recovery“ and extreme hunger, weight gain, then I maintain for a little while trying to accept my body and eating sort of normal amounts, then losing weight again, binging and so on… Unfortunately the binging comes with other bulimia habits like purging and over exercising, honestly I’m either physically or mentally exhausted or on the “weight loss high” there really is no in between

#4 TechnoBunny

TechnoBunny

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationNowhere and everywhere

Posted 15 January 2022 - 08:40 AM

I'm also sorry you're going through this but well... same

And I feel like with every year that passes, my extremes get more extreme. Like my restriction gets lower to the point of fasting, and my binges get bigger and bigger and my purging becomes more reckless.

I dont even know what to say or do at this point

But I feel you. You're not alone
  • LIBERTÉ likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users