WW leading to an ed - Page 2 - WeightWatchers - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

WW leading to an ed

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Hon3yb33

Hon3yb33

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1583 posts
  • LocationWuhan, China

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:20 AM

Yeah, mom took me to meetings with her when I was in 3rd grade. In fact, for some reason, they let me enroll??? I like... Got a five lb marker for losing that much. It took me a whole month lol

But when I did it again in junior high and then post high school, everything just spun out of control.

• Svetlana_Boginskaya likes this

25 yrs old / constantly questioning

H: 5'4 SW: 223.7 lbs CW: 208.9 lbs UGW: 127 lbs

Accountability Thread: Shaky Hands ~

Weight Loss Insta: pandapanic3

Fanart Insta: p3ac3fulfor3st

Ao3 -oOo- FF.n ~

#22 Svetlana_Boginskaya

Svetlana_Boginskaya

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:29 AM

Y'know, at first I didn't think it did, but the more I think about it, it just makes sense.

I was 7 when I went to my first WW meeting with my mom. She's a single mom and couldn't find a babysitter, so she brought me along. Me being the little girl I was, I wanted to be just like my mommy, so I asked f she could sneak me some food journals and whatever.

I remember WW was the cause of my first freak-out over food. I had gone out for breakfast with my family and ordered an omelet, only to find that it contained all of my intake for the day. That was the first time I ever cried about food. I was 7 fucking years old.

From then on I became more conscious about what I ate, but none of the disordered eating appeared until I was in high school. I'm not sure to what extent WW played a roll in my developing an ED, but I can definitely see the connection.

Height: 5'7"/172.7 cm

HW: 215 lbs/97.5 kgs

CW: 184.6 lbs/83.7 kgs

GW1: 180 lbs/81.6 kgs (reward: change hair color)

GW2: 170 lbs/77.1 kgs (reward: new pair of jeans)

GW3: 155 lbs/70.3 kgs (reward: manicure/pedicure)

GW4: 140 lbs/63.5 kgs (reward: jewelry)

GW5: 120 lbs/54.4 kgs (reward: lingerie)

UGW: 114 lbs/51.7 kgs (reward: new wardrobe)

#23 Guest_wintersky_*

Guest_wintersky_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:11 PM

like some people here, I also found WW to be triggering for me

#24 Guest_unlikely74_*

Guest_unlikely74_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:54 AM

It didn't cause it but it did make it worse.  I was already having phases of restricting followed by bingeing long before I joined WW.  However, I think it made me more successful at restricting, followed by much worse bingeing.  First time I joined I lost 35 pounds, then gained 50.  Rejoined and lost 70 to reach my goal weight in 2004, then gained 90  :(   

I used to eat all my points, all my food and exercise points as well, but I was often hungry.  Sometimes I felt so physically drained that I went to bed an hour or two early, but then I would wake up in the night with my stomach rumbling and have to eat something. 

If I went over my points I would cut back to try to balance out the points over the week, and you could 'save' points to use for meals out etc.  I do think that encouraged a restrict/binge mentality.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users