A friendly reminder. New members, PLEASE READ - Page 47 - Community Introductions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

A friendly reminder. New members, PLEASE READ

pro ana pro mia lifestyle new members diet weight loss tips tricks health body

• Please log in to reply
972 replies to this topic

#921 dorothymoody

dorothymoody

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 01:48 PM

Got it! Thank you ๐Ÿ’š

1ryLm6.png

hw: 195   |   lw: 125   |   cw: 178.7

gw1: 170   |   gw2: 150   |   gw3: 125   |   ugw: 119

#922 notenoughso

notenoughso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 05:41 AM

I am veryyyyy  late to this party but this is such a nice post, I wish more ppl would realise this is a serious disease and not a trendy diet

• ekkiana and luud like this

#923 justwantobeperfect

justwantobeperfect

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 27 October 2020 - 10:56 AM

Thank you for this โค๏ธ

#924 rap4nrx

rap4nrx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 15 November 2020 - 11:22 PM

thank you for the welcome <3

5'4"

HW: 110 lbs

LW: 82 lbs

CW: 98 lbs

GW is nonexistent because i don't have goals lmao just vibes

#925 nadeen

nadeen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 November 2020 - 05:19 PM

I'm reading this post now, after not restricting for some time already.
What is written is so true - if I could come back to past, I would never go inside it deeper, although it wasn't my rational choice..

After not starving myself, I just feel happy. Funny is that actually my weight is stable, no binging, hating myself for eating or rather for living.
Of course my eating is not perfect, still far away from healthy, but I'm not obsessed with it anymore.. I can see it made me worse, that I lost a lot of time which I won't have back again :( It gives me anxiety and I'm learning on psychotherapy to let it go and accept it.
Time was all time moving, when I was hurting myself and now being at 26 years old, sometimes I feel like I know nothing about myself.
I also don't wish to anybody to be in this hell.. There is no other way to call eating disorder.

Thank you for this post.
  • ekkiana likes this

restricting free until I'm at safe weight :) 

#926 meibyun

meibyun

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 09:46 AM

thank you for this!

#927 HowToDissappearCompletely

HowToDissappearCompletely

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 03:15 AM

#928 Melenie

Melenie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 05:16 AM

(Let's talk strictly anorexia and bulimia for a moment.)

To those of you who are here seeking diet tips: Many members on this site have an eating disorder. We didn't sit down and decide that we'd like to lose weight. None of us will recommend to you doing the things that we've done. We understand what it's like to be stuck at a higher weight, hating yourself, but we also want you to understand, you're not going to love yourself or your body any more once you lose weight this way.

It is your body and there's nothing we can do to really stop you from doing any of this--from reading the forums, from taking tips--and we're not going to try. If you are going to do this, we'd like you to do it as safely as possible, and we can help you with that. We just want you to understand the risks of what you're doing, and to consider the fact that you will be harming your body, and that this could kill you.

Also, please think about this: diets are not all about losing weight quickly. It's about losing it and keeping it off. You should lose weight the healthy way and it is possible, period. There are no excuses, like, "oh, I've tried everything, nothing works!"--if you eat right and exercise, you WILL see results, end of story. We can't do that. If I could choose to start all over at 160 and lose weight the right way, I would in an instant. I've lost 35lbs since relapse and I still hate my body. I will always hate it, because I am sick. You could die doing this. We want you to understand the risks.

This community is, however, accepting of all of its members. You will not be treated any differently if you have an ED than if you don't have an ED. You will become part of the family here, no matter what. We will encourage you to seek help and we will support you through whatever mess you're in, but we do not encourage people to starve themselves. You will receive information on weight loss and nutrition from the experts, but you will not be told to starve yourself.

To the long-standing members: This site is all-inclusive. We should be accepting of everyone who comes here, even those looking for a "quick way to lose weight". We need to be supportive-- people come here for support, and to feel less alone. By telling someone without an ED who comes here to find diet tips to "leave" and that they are "stupid" or "not welcome here", you're doing far more harm than good.

We should explain these things to them. We've all become very knowledgeable about weight loss, calories, exercise, and things of this nature; they know this. If they ask us for tips, they're obviously desperate for some sort of help, so talk to them. We need to tell them what works and what will keep them healthy. Some of us know these things better than our doctors know them.

I don't want these dieters to develop develop an eating disorder any more than you do-- so show them how horrible this is for them. Warn them of the dangers. If they still want to proceed, there are obviously some deeper issues. You can encourage them to get help all you want, but ultimately, it's up to them what they do with their bodies.

I would not wish this disorder on my worst enemy. This is hell on earth.

You cannot choose to have an eating disorder, but you may develop one here. It is very triggering. You will become fascinated by food and overjoyed at your weight loss.

You may lose weight quickly through starving yourself, but that progress will be gone the moment you begin eating properly again.

This is not a diet. This is not a lifestyle. Should you choose to make this mental illness your diet or your lifestyle, you will be forever ruining your body, hurting those around you, and ultimately, killing yourself.

Once you start counting calories, you will never stop.

None of us want this for you. We want you to be happy, healthy, and able to love yourselves.

Please, be safe.

#929 shinjuku_kami

shinjuku_kami

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 07:50 PM

thank you for this!!

#930 notslimkindashady

notslimkindashady

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 19 December 2020 - 01:56 AM

Appreciate this

#931 leaving_here_soon

leaving_here_soon

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 08:26 AM

Thank you. I look forward to contributing here.

#932 timi-sweet

timi-sweet

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 01:51 AM

Thx

#933 PeaBrain

PeaBrain

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 January 2021 - 06:45 PM

Thank you

stats

158cm/5'2"

hw: 69.9kg/154lbs, bmi 28.0

cw: 45.7kg/100lbs, bmi 18.3

ugw: 40.0kg/88lbs, bmi 16.0

55  54  53  52  51  50  49  48  47  46  45  44  43  42  41  40

accountability

#934 tsh33

tsh33

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 12:40 AM

Read

#935 ekkiana

ekkiana

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1069 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 04:03 AM

I don't want what my ED used to look like. I don't want the hellish anorexia I once had. I want to be able to restrict higher without feeling guilty and I want to be thin again. I just hope I haven't given anyone the wrong impression or made anyone feel bad. That's all. I'm not trying to find "quick ways to lose weight".- I know what they are, I'm looking for help in developing a healthier approach to losing weight. I come from AN-R, bingeing and now OSFED. I just I don't want to restrict so heavily, I want to try and do it healthier, and not feel guilty for restricting higher. I'm sorry if I'm one of the new members being discussed here.

EDIT/UPDATE: I just want to say a little something after reading the new admin posts.

I was diagnosed 7 years ago with AN, I "recovered" after two years and have been in a restriction/binge cycle since. I don't know if this means I do or don't have an eating disorder. Maybe I don't maybe I lost it back there and now I'm just a normal person looking for "diet advice". I know what used to work for me in terms of restriction and such, but that has since failed me so I'm seeking new more manageable ways. I don't know. I just know that after reading those posts I feel super invalidated and like I'm just "trying to be anorexic" I don't want to be anorexic I just want to feel in control of myself and my life. Anyone else struggle with these fears and feelings?

Height: 170.5cm (5โ€™7โ€)
HW: 84kg (BMI 29) - Overweight
SW: 73kg (BMI 25) - Overweight
CW: Was 73kg (BMI 25) - Overweight
GW: 55kg (BMI 19) - Healthy Weight
UGW: 35kg (BMI 12) - Underweight
LW: 40kg (BMI 14) - Very Underweight
โ€œAnorexicโ€ GW: 39kg (BMI <14) (I just kind of want to say I got into the 30โ€™s but also I know thatโ€™s really dangerous!)

#936 Orchidea

Orchidea

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 07:34 AM

:)

SW: 78 | HW: 83 | LW: 57 | GW1: 70 | GW2: 60 |GW3: 55 | Height: 166 cm

-----------------------------

[Accountability] Dea accountability

-----------------------------

79-78-77-76-75-74-73-72-71-70

69-68-67-66-65-64-63-62-61-60

59-58-57-56-55

#937 MercyElf

MercyElf

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 10:57 AM

Xx

#938 Opeths

Opeths

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 February 2021 - 12:59 AM

thanks

H: 5'1                                                                                                                                                                                 

GW:100

UGW:?

CW: Check My 

~Accountability ~

#939 CitraRain

CitraRain

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 06:22 AM

Thanks for the post :)

#940 Raisy~

Raisy~

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 10:44 AM

Yeah it's really hard being trapped in EDs for what seems to be forever, I really wish everyone (myself included) a way out of it very soon.
Thank you for the clarification!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pro ana, pro mia, lifestyle, new members, diet, weight loss, tips, tricks, health, body

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

fairyz0mbie