binge stories - most regretted binge - BED Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

binge stories - most regretted binge

binge most regretted binge stories

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 morgan_m

morgan_m

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:23 PM

I have no idea if there's already a thread like this but...

basically, I thought we could share stories about some of the times we most regretted a binge. obviously a binge is always something you regret, but when was it an extra bad judgement call (if you can call a binge that)? 

like, my story: I binged really late the night before a day-trip my uni organized and I felt so disgusting and it was extra bad because I had to get up really early and spend hours in a coach bus the next day and I felt so sick and lunch was this semi-fancy multicourse meal and I barely ate anything and I could see some of the people at my table giving me weird looks because I was sending my plates back with most of the food still on it and it must have just looked like I was restricting and I hate looking like a stereotypical skinny girl watching what she eats and yea.. my stomach was bubbling inside the entire day and I was constantly afraid I'd pass gas, lol. horrible. 

your turn :P

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." 

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

#2 Lies in a mirror

Lies in a mirror

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2568 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:09 PM

When I first started binging there was one day I ate about 12 Oreos, 2 Cinnamon bun cookies from Pepperidge Farm, a pumpkin cheesecake cookie from PF as well, and about a 1/2 cup each of vegetables and salmon (small amount overall compared to what I became capable of eating later on). I think IF'ing for about 22 hours had shrunk my stomach as well anyway. Somehow in that space of time I'd forgotten I had a dinner/seminar to attend with an hour to spare (since I ate either once a day or stuck to a 3-hour eating window during that period). I felt sick from the sugar but not TOO full, so I went for a walk and then straight to the seminar. But after taking three bites...holy fuck I started sweating like crazy and sat there unable to listen because I was so focused on keeping the food I felt in my esophagus down. No one noticed, and my friend next to me was so surprised at the end when I asked her to grab me a Ziploc bag for the 99% of food I took and did not eat. Major regret missing out on the topic, and it just set me up with the knowledge that I could still look/act like a normal person after binging while feeling like my stomach inches away from exploding.

Cheeks in profile pic are 100% me

Stats for quick reference:
Height: Less than 5'1"
HW: 124 lbs idk
LW: 83 but also idk
CW: 103

#3 SecretSanity

SecretSanity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:11 PM

I don't have just one that sticks out...there's been many 😕 but the worst always leave me puffy, my stomach severely distended and gurgling, sulphur burps, gas...

#4 handinmypocket

handinmypocket

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:12 PM

Yesterday while my friend was fucking here. I went downstairs. And fucking binged. And was an unproductive bitch to her all day because of it. And just did the same thing to fucking day because my mom was fucking mad at me. In fucking terror and planning on a 2day fast because of it...

#5 mollysasa

mollysasa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:33 PM

i binged preeetty bad the day before taking the equivalent of SATs in Brazil, so the next day i was so fucking bloated and disgusting i couldn't concentrate 

is0MO.png

cw: too much

#6 KindaLikeKai

KindaLikeKai

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationIncognito

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:47 PM

4 cinnamon rolls with glaze, 2 glazed donuts, a slice of turkey, a piece of peanut butter pie, a piece of fudge pie, 3 buttered buscuits, at least 2 cups of mashed potatoes and a lot of scotch. It was at a Christmas party, and let me tell you I did not have to purge to get that shit up.

I don't know how I managed for so long but the regrets came from how I hovered around the desserts the entire time just waiting for people to turn their backs to stuff my face. By the end of the night people questioned how well my mum and dad feed me and other crap that my parents brought up at a yearly doctors checkup only a month later.

Oh, and I gained around 7 pounds in water weight from what didn't come up.

• Tempurrance likes this

At One Point, My Stats Were Here.

lol_wut-19307.gif

Fuck That.

#7 morgan_m

morgan_m

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:23 AM

i binged preeetty bad the day before taking the equivalent of SATs in Brazil, so the next day i was so fucking bloated and disgusting i couldn't concentrate 

oh wow, I can imagine how awful you must have felt! hope it went well all the same... 

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." 

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

#8 Frozen Grape

Frozen Grape

My Next Life..? I'm Coming Back as a Rabbit.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21406 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand (Nope, not part of Australia, Africa or Antarctica)

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:00 AM

You know what my biggest ever regretted one is? Not the biggest one, not the one that bloated me, not the one that made me feel sick, not the one that made me spend hours trying to vomit on my mum's birthday last year, not the one that made me the most suicidal I had ever felt. 

The first one. Been in recovery from AN for just over a month. 15th or 16th January 2014. Roses Chocolates. 16 of em. No more than 400-500 calories, but it was that first time I ever thought "omg I can't stop." I told myself (as I was told by everyone else) that it was OK. 

This became a daily habit. I binged for eight months straight, the binges getting bigger every month. 80lbs. 10 points PLUS up the BMI chart. 

FML. Goodbye.

:)

• Raven_, anytime is coffee time, killv.maim and 6 others like this

#9 Guest_uisilent_*

Guest_uisilent_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:23 AM

• killv.maim likes this

#10 fløwer

fløwer

Omniscient

• Members
  • 3359 posts
  • Locationthe garden

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:30 AM

As of 11 days ago, I am four months binge/purge free! My second to last binge is one I think about often to thwart any urge. I was four or five days into a fast for which I was obviously not prepared.

It started out with an entire package of double stuffed Oreos- oh! guilty goodness- a jar of peanutbutter, half a container of honey, seaweed snacks, and I think some chocolates.

That was all the food I had at the time. I started to get desperate. Spoonfuls of sugar, Russian Tea mix, vanilla chai tea mix, and still no satisfaction. So what came next?

Cough drops. Seriously.

Then tums. TUMS!

The taste was so awful, and my stomach did NOT react well.

I purged until it was bile. Drank some water, purged blood and bile. Then, even though I was exhausted and looked and felt like death, I ran 5.5mph on the treadmill for at least an hour and fifteen minutes.

I felt ill the next day, but my stomach had calmed.

But really. Cough drops and tums.
  • Tempurrance likes this

Tiny Roses

HW: 666        CW: 420        GW: 69

98cbfa83681960854a646a55a97581e2 1

#11 Guest_Melissa :3_*

Guest_Melissa :3_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:45 AM

I think that the first big binge while in recovery fucked it all up for me.

At first she said i should eat around 1500 kcal, but after I freaked out a bit she let me do 1200 kcal. ( which freaked me out also.) 

So a week passed and it was going well. despite some small binges I even hit my lw of 54,6 kg. but after that week she told me to increase to 1500 kcal and that it was going to slow -_-" after that the binging started and i went from my lw then to 59 today. i have quit recovery almost 6 weeks ago....

thanks for reading -xxx-

#12 morgan_m

morgan_m

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:56 AM

As of 11 days ago, I am four months binge/purge free! My second to last binge is one I think about often to thwart any urge. I was four or five days into a fast for which I was obviously not prepared.

It started out with an entire package of double stuffed Oreos- oh! guilty goodness- a jar of peanutbutter, half a container of honey, seaweed snacks, and I think some chocolates.

That was all the food I had at the time. I started to get desperate. Spoonfuls of sugar, Russian Tea mix, vanilla chai tea mix, and still no satisfaction. So what came next?

Cough drops. Seriously.

Then tums. TUMS!

The taste was so awful, and my stomach did NOT react well.

I purged until it was bile. Drank some water, purged blood and bile. Then, even though I was exhausted and looked and felt like death, I ran 5.5mph on the treadmill for at least an hour and fifteen minutes.

I felt ill the next day, but my stomach had calmed.

But really. Cough drops and tums.

congrats on your awesome achievement!! you're an inspiration :) 

• Tempurrance likes this

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

#13 Frozen Grape

Frozen Grape

My Next Life..? I'm Coming Back as a Rabbit.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21406 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand (Nope, not part of Australia, Africa or Antarctica)

Posted 25 July 2015 - 03:43 AM

I can relate to everything. That's exactly what I was about to write.

Yeah, the big and humiliating binges were bad, but nothing can be as bad as the first day of binging. Without the first day of it, there would never had been all the other times; I would have lost weight by now. But nope, the first binge put me in that fucking cycle.

It started with a 1500cal 'binge' and then I had times where I got to 5000 daily for months (without purging - you can imagine the weight gain <_<). I'm glad that I kinda beat the binging after one year of non-stop-self-hatred, but yesterday I binged again after two weeks and now I'm fucking scared that the same thing will happen again.

Yep oh my goodness. I could have been back at my original weight had I not started binging. I really really really wished that the day after that first binge I didn't think "it's ok I didn't gain any weight surely it will be fine if I do it again today" ARGHHHH!!! 

And yes I was at 4000-8000 cals from about february to september 2014 - no purging :( It is absolutely devastating, but that's why I like being on MPA all the time because I don't feel so alone :(

#14 Unbeautiful_Biatch

Unbeautiful_Biatch

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1705 posts
  • LocationOn MPA, procrastinating about doing homework! ;)

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:46 AM

the first one. I was at my LW (HAHA IT LASTED 1 DAY! Just thought i'd point that out). and when i got home - it was after christmas - i basically.....i don't know what happened. i can't even remember. but i can remember crying when i looked at myself. Literally. And trying to kill myself. And just......it led to 7 months of bingeing that took me up 3 BMI points from 17.3 - 20.3. (But if ya look in my sig., i managed to lose it again. I finally have control back). 

:wub:  Founder of  :wub:

765NrBE.png

uar2jcfyunqqygwj.gif

(For all AA - C girls!!) 

Basically bulimic.

-_- 

#15 Rachel_08

Rachel_08

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:39 PM

I was like 10 when my mum got a takeaway and had some cheeky idea to get both KFC takeaway and Mcdonalds. I love her to bits and pieces, but I can't help but hold her a bit responsible for my BED. I usually just binge on bread, but sometimes (again, my mum gets this) I'll have a meal-deal from tescos plus a flatbread with caramelized red onion chutney- thats my fave food!! Followed by loads of danishes esp custard omg

SW 95kg

CW 88kg PLATEAU/SUICIDAL

GW 70kg

6'

Can't stop yo-yoing lol my life

#16 fløwer

fløwer

Omniscient

• Members
  • 3359 posts
  • Locationthe garden

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:18 AM

Thank you so much, lovely~! ♡

Tiny Roses

#17 fløwer

fløwer

Omniscient

• Members
  • 3359 posts
  • Locationthe garden

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:18 AM

Thank you so much, lovely~! ♡

Tiny Roses

#18 Guest_kitty_kats_*

Guest_kitty_kats_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:53 AM

Mine was yesterday. I ate a pizza and a half, 20 Oreos, one of those personal containers of ice cream, and four chocolate bars. I have braces, and I ended up accidentally swallowing my rubber bands. I didn't even notice until after, when they had mysteriously disappeared.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • morgan_m likes this

#19 psychobabbling

psychobabbling

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1426 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:02 PM

I deeply regret the slice of pizza that triggered what is by far the worst binge week I've had ever. Today alone was ~6000 calories. I'm not happy.

148 145 140 130 125 120 115 110 105 100 95 90 88

Pronouns: They/Them

2mmbztz.gif

2uxwaa8.gif

#20 Guest_imhereagain_*

Guest_imhereagain_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:11 PM

Yeah I regret the first binge I ever did. I regret every binge. I regret all of them and I don't really know why I am not able to stop.

I need help. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: binge, most regretted, binge stories

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users