OTC Fruta Planta and Rx Topamax - Vitamins, Supplements and Nutrition - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

OTC Fruta Planta and Rx Topamax

Diet pills

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_lovetruthbella_*

Guest_lovetruthbella_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

I have been looking into getting my PCP to prescribe me topamax as a weight loss supplement. It is a medication used to help with seizures and migraine headaches but has now been FDA approved to treat binge eating and obesity. Has anyone been put on this medication and have had results? It is supposed to decrease appetite.
Also has anyone stuck with Fruta Planta? I had taken some a while back and seemed to help with appetite control and they have come out with a newer formula. I just bought some direct from China to see if it works as well, because you want Chinese produced Fruta Planta because it contains a drug that has been banned from the US and other countries but works very well for weight loss if you can take the side effects. I believe it is called meridia by its brand name.
So what does everyone think?

#2 ShadowMidna

ShadowMidna

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • LocationHyrule

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:57 AM

YES. I just started topamax. I started taking it for migraines cause i had/have really bad ones that usually are only cleared by morphine. It really does work for surpressing the appetite. I took one tuesday night and wednesday i didn't eat and i haven't eaten until today, and its Sunday. For me it made food in my eyes not appealing, on topamax it tastes not so great and your mind just doesn't really think of food or want it. I lost 4 pounds in 4 days so it was amazing for me! it also acts like a diuretic but will cause kidney stones if you don't drink enough water. Unfortunately i stopped taking it due to the fact that it made me so dumb(this drug is nicknamed dopamax)i have ADHD so it  doesn't help much and im not worrying about the weight as im getting adderall this week which i heard is amazing for weight loss. But topamax made me really hot and sweaty gave me a fever the first day then the memory loss is bad and the confusion sucked so thats why i stopped but it did work for weight loss...

Height 5'7.5

HW: 115

LW: 59

CW: 68.5

GW 85

GW 75

GW 65

UGW 55

BMI: 10.4

My tumblr: http://shad0wmidna.tumblr.com

tumblr_n4n45q3zE01t8w8xxo1_500.gif

#3 Guest_Liquid_luck_*

Guest_Liquid_luck_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:55 AM

I've been on topomax for a year for bipolar, it obliterated my appetite and somehow makes me lose super fast. Plus when I've been trying to gain, in treatment, it's really really difficult. I know... Hard to gain weight, what the? Plus it's an amazing mood stabiliser ie no manic episodes since I've started (sorry a little off-track and I sound a bit like a Topomax rep too)

#4 dlite

dlite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

I have been on Topamax since 2010 to treat my bulimia and it is the only thing I will take. It seriously helps me to stop having urges and it made me lose a lot of. Weight.

#5 Irish0585

Irish0585

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

I was on topamax before i got pregnant and it helped me a lot. I was on it for bipolar and it helped stabalize my mood but it also made certain foods taste weird and not so great. I also had a few weird side effects though. I would get numbness in my hands and feet and when the numbness faded it felt like my hands and feet fell asleep. Other than that i thought it was great.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Diet pills

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users