New (First Time) Mom to the Site!! - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

New (First Time) Mom to the Site!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AinokoAna

AinokoAna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

So I posted this in introductions, but I figure I should post it here as well seeing as this is a section for parents! Anyhow...

On 3/23/2013, I gave birth to big 8lb/21.5" baby girl. During my pregnancy I gained almost 70 lbs, jumping from 135 (I'm 5'7") to 204 lbs. Two days after her birth, I am now a solid 194 lbs. My uterus is still HUGE and expanded (It's not supposed to go back to normal size until 4-6 weeks?) So I can't give accurate measurements for now.

I am a recovered 'mia, but unfortunately after pregnancy I found myself in a relapse. Especially due to the huge depression of not being able to keep my baby.

I did let a family friend & her husband raise her in an open adoption setting, because I'm poorer than poor (still finishing college w/ a dead end job and unable to receive help from family or state) and can't give that girl everything in the world that she deserves right now.

Oh, and I'm 20 years old. 

TMI:

I also had a 2nd degree perennial tear during delivery, so exercise is a big no-no until 6 weeks later. It's driving me crazy. I can barely walk with these stitches!!!

So anyhow, nice to meet everyone! Esp. looking forward to speaking with other moms.  :)

Attached Files

• Attached File  ME.jpg   84.21KB   23 downloads

HEALTHY INSANITY COMPETITION

(7/1) CW: 164.50 

GW1: 160 - (Circle Lenses)
GW2: 150 - (Dye Hair)
GW3: 140 - (Shopping!)

UGW: 120

Height: 5'7"

#2 Guest_anawhipped0911_*

Guest_anawhipped0911_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

hey! Dont be discouraged, i was 209 when i had my son, and that was 9/9/11, now im down to 143.2 which i am still a huge whale, but working on it.  This is a great place for support.  Don't feel bad about falling back to mia, i had recovered as well from mia and then a month ago started again. Ana/mia is a demon that sticks to us like glue.  You have all the support you need here. message me sometime if you like

#3 AinokoAna

AinokoAna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

Thank you. I thought I was the only to swell up so much. And sadly it's all in my bottom, thighs, and abdomen. My arms, neck, face, calves are all the same as pre-pregnancy, so I look really disproportionate haha.

HEALTHY INSANITY COMPETITION

(7/1) CW: 164.50 

GW1: 160 - (Circle Lenses)
GW2: 150 - (Dye Hair)
GW3: 140 - (Shopping!)

UGW: 120

Height: 5'7"

#4 Mummyflubber

Mummyflubber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

Hi AinokoAna,

You are a very brave woman to make such a loving choice for your daughter, but I more than understand your depression. My heart breaks for you!
I too am struggling with post-partum weight loss and the ghosts of past ED. It isn't easy to see your body completely wrecked and stretched out of shape! I guess my suggestion to you would be to wear some kind of compression garment to encourage your uterus to contract and to expel some of the residual pregnancy swelling/water weight. I know I lost about twenty of the seventy pounds I gained quickly just from that. Also, when you are cleared for exercise, make sure you don't have a gap between your abdominal muscle walls (diastisis recti) that can make it impossible to get a flat tummy. If you do have it doing certain exercises and wearing a girdle can help repair it.
For now I'd just say drink water, tea, walk if you can, and be kind to yourself. :-)
CW: 133 lb.
HW: 178 lb. (pregnant)
LW: 88 lb.

GW: 107 lb.
UGW: 97 lb.
26 pounds to lose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users