Unlike many of the other pro forums, everyone here wants to stop binge eating. Could we please sticky these resources and member tips on how to avoid a binge? Maybe some of these links:
- Having someone to talk to, even online. The secrecy and shame make bingeing worse, and also writing/talking can interrupt the binge cycle.
- Keeping a refillable water bottle with me at all times, and keeping very hydrated.
- Taking a multivitamin every day. (Get a brand that doesn't make you nauseated on an empty stomach).
- Making sure to have protein at each meal or snack.
- Having a picture on my phone screen saver that reminds me of my goals.
- Avoiding sweets; they make me want more.
- Planning meals and snacks in advance, including the exact time I will eat them.
- Keeping a protein bar or apple in my purse, so I never get to the low-blood-sugar stage and start eating everything.