Where my witches at? - Page 2 - Minorities - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Where my witches at?

witchcraft pagan wicca hellenic

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#21 avaroux

avaroux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:56 PM

Solitary witch...with lots of experience :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2e0852b2-53e3-4a55-a036-5b226dc1f623.jpg

#22 Flapjacks

Flapjacks

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1787 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, uk

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:54 AM

Hi there I'm also a pagan.

chesh

#23 Guest_thkinny_*

Guest_thkinny_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:10 AM

wowowow here i am! specializing in bumbling around with herbs and studying as much as i can get my hands on!

• Wee Ragamuffin likes this

#24 Guest_thkinny_*

Guest_thkinny_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:15 AM

hey i dont have anything against paganism or any followers of different religions but when you say witches do you mean that you actually can do magic? like the seeing auras connect with spirits levitate things sort of magic? or? sorry if im being ignorant lol i dont really understand

noticed that no one's replied to your post! you're not being ignorant if you're coming from a place of sincerity and curiosity!

first off, while witchcraft is frequently practiced in many different religions, it itself isn't a religion. just a craft. kinda like knitting is a craft, it's just something you do and sometimes get together with others to do. like knitting is fun, witchcraft can be fun. like knitting is stress-relieving, witchcraft can be calming as well.

now, there are a whole bunch of different types of witchcraft, like there are a whole bunch of different types of knitting. there's spirit work, like you mentioned with seeing auras and spirits, and then there's spells and shit, and charms and stones and herbs, and environmental witchcraft, and really just a whole slew of awesome cool stuff. for me personally, the aim of witchcraft is to get up close and personal with whatever you're working with as a way to better understand it and work with it as it works with you.

as far as levitating people, i don't think anyone can do that without some harry potter slipping into the mix.

#25 Deathwish

Deathwish

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:40 AM

*raised hand* Solitary here. Always followed a more Pagan belief system, and I have been incredibly close to nature and the Goddesses and God's since childhood.

I'm more of a natural witch. I never even knew about spell work until two years ago, which I now dabble in.

H: 5'5"
CW: 144 (24.0 bmi) 
LW: 85lbs (13.7 bmi/ 5'6") Estimate
HW: 155 (25.8 bmi)
Goal: To be happy with myself <3 :)

#26 Guest_lilibelle_*

Guest_lilibelle_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:12 PM

Seriously, I just wanted to gather up all the pagans on MPA and be friends with everyone. We are such a teeny/hidden minority, I feel like we need to celebrate our path and foster a subcommunity haha. 

I have been following my faith since I was 8 years old, so it's been about 12 years. I fall under the "eclectic neo-classical pagan" category, and prefer the simple title "witch." My mother is a hedgewitch and a kitchen witch, so much of my influence stems from those fields. I love spellwork and deal with crystals, sigils, cards, scrying, and various other magical practices. I don't really have a particular "style" or brand - I learn as I am called to learn, and practice as needed. My ancestors are primarily celtic and norse, so it is unsurprising that I gain much inspiration from those areas.

I am also guilty of relishing the stereotypical "witchy" vibe - kind of gothic, kind of twisted, independent, completely mysterious and magical. Popculture witches make me so happy (even if they tend to sacrifice accuracy for the sake of campy plot - see: Willow Rosenberg). I can't help it lol. 

• nightshiftnobody and Xiphium like this

#27 Guest_gone777777888_*

Guest_gone777777888_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:46 PM

I'm a newbie witch! I'm still in the process of discovering my spirituality, but my beliefs mainly consist of those of Buddhism and various Pagan branches. 

#28 kingkai

kingkai

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 2036 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:54 PM

Hereditary Solitaire Witch/Hellenic Wiccan
Dionysus & Aphrodite devotee.

Solitary but looking for a coven once I'm in big ol' Toronto.

HSGDE

Day 1

tumblr_inline_mwmgst4dWO1qid2nw.gif

#29 🌸Ganja🌸

🌸Ganja🌸

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2016 posts
  • LocationHell/Vienna

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:28 AM

Solitary witch here

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 7047D using Tapatalk

My Accountability

BMI:15.9 CW:45.5kg/100.5lbs HGT:1.69m/5'6"

GW1:60kg/132lbs/21 Achieved 

GW2:55kg/121lbs/19.3 Achieved

GW3:50kg/110lbs/17.5 Achieved

GW4:45kg/99lbs/15.8

UGW:40kg/88lbs/14.0

GW5:35kg/77lbs/12.3

GW6:30kg/66lbs/10.5 

UGW:25kg/55lbs/8.8

HW:>60kg LW:42.1kg

#30 Xiphium

Xiphium

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • LocationNorthwestern United States

Posted 28 September 2015 - 04:18 PM

Ecclectic non-Wiccan pagan over here, following many of the beliefs of my mother's tribe (she's Native American) and yet somehow feeling a very strong pull towards Celtic mythology for some unknown reason? It's a bit hard to explain. I'm a bit new to the witchcraft side of things - about two years of reading and tentative practice, and only really seriously started working on the practice aspect this summer - but here I am.

I don't care if it kills me, I want to have control.

GW1: 115lbs

GW2: 95lbs

UGW: 90>lbs

I want a perfect body, I want a perfect soul.

#31 Obsessed

Obsessed

Sage

• Members
  • 1179 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 29 September 2015 - 05:33 PM

Ive always been interested in this sort of thing.
Is there any good site that would actually explain it all properly? There seems so much to it that its difficult to know where to start
  • Punchin-Wallz likes this

When everything seems to be falling to pieces... just remember there are people out there who love you.
Remember them and know that everything will be ok in the end

#32 Guest_thkinny_*

Guest_thkinny_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2015 - 11:06 PM

Is there any good site that would actually explain it all properly? There seems so much to it that its difficult to know where to start

there really are so many facets and different branches, it can be overwhelming. just start googling, really! learn everything, even the stupid shit!

#33 Wee Ragamuffin

Wee Ragamuffin

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Locationa cottage in the woods

Posted 17 October 2015 - 03:36 PM

Hey. Wow. I'm glad I found this. I'm some sort of Pagan. I consider myself a witch, but I've been picking and choosing the bits I like. Eclectic witch, I guess? I worship mainly Chinese gods/goddesses.

Recovered

Pronouns he/him/his

tenor.gif?itemid=5753644

#34 EzZella

EzZella

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2565 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 October 2015 - 03:50 PM

I don't claim one way or another, but I practice light magic.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
  • burningparadise likes this
HW180CW150GW1130GW2117GW3110UGW102I REALLY JUST WANT TO BE THE ME THAT I KNOW I'LL LOVE. :unsure:[b]I DESERVE THAT, RIGHT??

#35 Guest_glitterfordinner_*

Guest_glitterfordinner_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2015 - 03:52 PM

Omg I didn't know there were many witches here!! Hii!!

I'm a storm electic and solitary witch who mostly does spirit work & currently enjoying glamour witchcraft~

Reaaally interested in fae magic.

Not a wiccan or a pagan btw.

• LovelyMess and Topoli like this

#36 Guest_glitterfordinner_*

Guest_glitterfordinner_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2015 - 03:57 PM

And "Amesteria", my username is actually my spiritual name!

(also, im glad you made this post because it's attracting more curious people here!!)

#37 Guest_glitterfordinner_*

Guest_glitterfordinner_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2015 - 04:03 PM

Hello!! You can find many witchcraft stuff in libraries. my favorite author is Scott Cunningham, he makes books for new witches, types of witchcraft, spells, etc.!

But if you prefer to research online, on tumblr there is a huge hidden community of witchcraft. there are A LOT of tips and steps for people who are new to this stuff. You can start off with my favorite blog, http://natural-magics.tumblr.com/

She has a lot of good resources. click on the "helpful posts" and you'll find lots of stuff. but there are many other witches there too. Good luck!

#38 Obsessed

Obsessed

Sage

• Members
  • 1179 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:33 AM

Hello!! You can find many witchcraft stuff in libraries. my favorite author is Scott Cunningham, he makes books for new witches, types of witchcraft, spells, etc.!

But if you prefer to research online, on tumblr there is a huge hidden community of witchcraft. there are A LOT of tips and steps for people who are new to this stuff. You can start off with my favorite blog, http://natural-magics.tumblr.com/

She has a lot of good resources. click on the "helpful posts" and you'll find lots of stuff. but there are many other witches there too. Good luck!

Thanks so much :)

When everything seems to be falling to pieces... just remember there are people out there who love you.
Remember them and know that everything will be ok in the end

#39 skinandblues

skinandblues

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:36 PM

i'm a secular witch who deals primarily with divination! i know this is a little bit of a touchy subject for some, but has anyone worked with ars goetic demons? jw
oh also ive dabbled into hellenistic paganism before but found the rules sorta strict?? how do any of the hellenistic pagans on here practice? (idk if that sounds sarcastic it's a serious question id really like to know!)

5'3"

HW: 114

CW: 105.3

GW1: 105

GW2: 100

UGW: 95

#40 burningparadise

burningparadise

Omniscient

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6995 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:51 PM

Define witch?
tumblr_mekpi6agSN1ryhawco1_500.gif

My body is a temple, condemned and awaiting demolition

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: witchcraft, pagan, wicca, hellenic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users