Mia Teeth - Bulimia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Mia Teeth

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Bone_*

Guest_Bone_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

It's some scary shit man. They turn clear and then yellow amd then over time BLACK. And then they fall out. All due to thats damn stomach acid.
I wash my mouth with water between purges. But that I know how to do to keep the stomach acid off my teeth as much as i can.
Is there any other way you guys know how to keep it from rotting your teeth any faster?
Please!

#2 bperfekt

bperfekt

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • Locationkentucky, usa

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

God, my teeth are AWFUL from purging throughout the years. I read somewhere (and I don't know if its true or not), that if you brush/mouthwash right after you purge, it makes them start decaying faster. That's not really what you were asking, but I thought I'd share it.

i will accept the falls
embrace my scars
live my passion
i will not run

hw: 140
lw: 72

sw (mpa): 140 
cw: 119 
gw1: 100
ugw: 89

#3 Guest_Bone_*

Guest_Bone_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

God, my teeth are AWFUL from purging throughout the years. I read somewhere (and I don't know if its true or not), that if you brush/mouthwash right after you purge, it makes them start decaying faster. That's not really what you were asking, but I thought I'd share it.

Ok good cuz I dont do that. How are your teeth and how long did it take to get like that?

#4 bperfekt

bperfekt

Sage

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • Locationkentucky, usa

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

My top teeth are okay. My bottom teeth are destroyed. It's been about 10 years since I started B/Ping. I don't really remember when I first started seeing damage. :(

i will accept the falls
embrace my scars
live my passion
i will not run

#5 OhxBeverly

OhxBeverly

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York :)

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:37 AM

I heard that if you swish with baking soda after you purge it helps. Since it's basic it cancels out the acid to some extent. No brushing or mouthwash though!

2hs5aa0.jpgHW: 140CW: 125LW: 100<p>Height: 5'6"

#6 bperfekt

bperfekt

Sage

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • Locationkentucky, usa

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

I heard that if you swish with baking soda after you purge it helps. Since it's basic it cancels out the acid to some extent. No brushing or mouthwash though!

Oh, wow! That sounds like such a good method. What about baking soda and peroxide together? I heard that whitens to some extent. But maybe it would be just as bad as mouthwash...

i will accept the falls
embrace my scars
live my passion
i will not run

#7 sleepyturtle

sleepyturtle

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

My teeth are dreadful... I'm currently trying my best to quit purging so hopefully I'll manage to save them to some extent. I also have a terrible phobia of dentists so I'm not really sure how bad I am right now, and I don't want to know.

#8 ♥oh.crap.I.ate.it♥

♥oh.crap.I.ate.it♥

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

My teeth are dreadful... I'm currently trying my best to quit purging so hopefully I'll manage to save them to some extent. I also have a terrible phobia of dentists so I'm not really sure how bad I am right now, and I don't want to know.

I can totally relate!!! I'm horrified of dentists, especially because I read somewhere that apparently they're usually the first ones to diagnose an eating disoder cos of the way your teeth get damaged. I just purge the socond I'm done eating to decrease the amount of acid mixed in with my food, it also helps my throat not to be raw
CW: scared to check :,(
GW1: 70kgs :(
GW2: 65kgs
GW3: 60kgs
GW4: 55kgs :)
UGW: 50kgs :D

♥♥♥♥♥♥

#9 Minji64

Minji64

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3014 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

I'm so glad I physically can't purge why I never got into it, my teeth are already undesirable, I don't want to make them any worse :(

mini-graphics-cats-397945.gif

OCD | Trichotillomania | Major Depression 

AnaNOS | Chew & Spit | SI Clean | Binge Clean

Goal: 80lb | 14.6

#10 wishmegone

wishmegone

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

I always had good teeth in terms of shape, positioning etc, and I totally ruined them by purging :( it's one of my biggest, if not my biggest, motivations to quit/limit purging. I've had so many extractions, root canals, fillings... Literally like 97% of my teeth have fillings, and tomorrow morning I'm going to the dentist to get more done. When I go to the dentist for a checkup it's "lower X, X-type cavity, lower Y, Y-type cavity" etc etc through almost every tooth. I hate it, and I'm another one who's scared of the dentist :( I'd kill for some sort of trick to stop my teeth from rotting, the pain, grossness and dentist visits are just too much.

v8CyCMM.jpg

Accept yourself. Love yourself. Take care of yourself. Take pride in yourself.
Gospels from Neverland; they are not for me.

✶ ✶  ✶ 
MFP: wishmegone
✶ ✶  ✶ 

#11 Guest_croptopwannabe_*

Guest_croptopwannabe_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

I've contemplated using a mouth guard but my purging doesn't seem acidic unless it's been longer than 10 min since I've eaten.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users