esophageal pain - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

esophageal pain

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 buttercup88

buttercup88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:14 AM

So im just womdering if anyone else has had this same kind of pain, what it was and what you did about it... I'm bulimic. I purge every day, sometimes multiple times a day. I workout like a beast every day, sometimes multiple times a day. And yesterday at my roller derby scrimmage I started feeling like I was gonna puke on the track, like there was something stuck in my esophagus. I hadn't purged yet that day. This was following a BIG out of control b/p the night before (rarely happens). I couldn't stop coughing and burping and didn't matter how much water I drank and later I ate a slice of apple and cucumber and chewed them up really good and that still didn't help. I ate some trail mix and a burger and that was really painful and then I vapourized some pot and that didn't make it feel better either. It wasn't like heart burn. I had that when I was pregnant or when I eat dairy/wheat. I purged and that didn't feel as awful as when it was going down. It really hurt in the morning. I had a couple almonds and a banana in the morning and it felt like I was eating razor blades. Not in my throat, lower... Like around the bottom of the breast bone. Warm coffee felt scalding and was a 5/10 on pain.
I could have been hit in the abdomen hard at scrimmage last night but nothing in particular is sticking out. I lifted some medium heavy weights earlier in the day but nothing I was overly straining with.
I read applecider vinegar is supposed to help so I will try that for now but if anyone else has encountered a similar issue and you found something else that worked please let me know. :) really appreciate it. I'm pretty uncomfortable. Thank you!
  • JuniokRocknom and Drerursollema like this

#2 NeverEnough

NeverEnough

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

try not to purge for a week - it sounds like you have an esophageal ulcer to me, or your lower esophageal sphincter is damaged from all the purging (though this would also present with heart burn symptoms usually).  I would skip the apple cider vinegar and anything salty or with a low pH (acidic) - you could try pepto or milk of magnesia - these are alkaline and will aid in healing.  I would skip solids for now too - try sipping room temp almond milk, maybe some room temp apple sauce.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users