How thin/fat is your mom? How do you feel about that? - Page 2 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How thin/fat is your mom? How do you feel about that?

• Please log in to reply
1172 replies to this topic

#21 earth.cry

earth.cry

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2776 posts
  • Locationthe depths of bulimic hell

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:05 AM

I'm adopted, but my mom is super skinny and I'm very competitive about it. She's 5' and tends to be around 90-95 lbs. I tend to feel pretty discouraged, because even though I have to lose less than 10 lbs to get there, when I was at my LW of 80 lbs, I still looked a lot heavier than her. (Dysmorphia, I guess.) Which in turn just makes me more competitive. I don't think she has an ED, because of the way she talks and complains that she's too thin, but then again, I'm always saying stuff about how I like food and my body and all that jazz, so it is possible she has one and is just covering it up really well.

• Anamia. likes this

siyuan allysbeth.she/her.canadian.pescetarian.2 days b/p free

Height: 4'11.5"

CW: 92.6 lbs

GW1: 99 lbs (reached Nov 20 2017)

GW2: 92 lbs

GW3: 87 lbs

GW4: 80 lbs

UGW: 75 lbs

signature updated December 21

#22 predatorywasp

predatorywasp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:06 AM

My mom is naturally skinny, around 105-110 pounds, and I got my dad's terrible genes which make it so much harder for me to be skinny...I've always wanted to look more like my mom and now I'm finally starting to. People would always tell me that I looked like her, even when I was 50 pounds heavier than her and it always made me feel like shit because she's so pretty and thin and feminine and I looked like the fat, knockoff version of her. 

• faeway and Anamia. like this

#23 Insouciance

Insouciance

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationJersey

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:06 AM

My mom is slightly overweight/on the higher end of normal.  She's around 5'4"-5'5" and 140-150-ish.  But she recently lost weight from like 170 down to her current weight, which she did while I was in treatment and has been super-triggering for me.  She tried to not talk about her calorie counting and weight loss, but she would always humble brag about her clothes being too big for her.

Was in treatment from May 2014 through May 2016. Currently recovered(?????)

5'8"

CW: 133.6 BMI: 20.3

GW1: 140 BMI: 21.3

GW2: 135 BMI: 20.5

GW3: 125 BMI: 19.0

LW: 105 BMI: 16.0

HW: 155 BMI: 23.6

Accountability    myfitnesspal account

#24 january23

january23

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:07 AM

my mom is obese 

• flour and tortoiseshellcat like this

#25 invisible-man

invisible-man

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:11 AM

My mom's like 4 inches shorter than me almost, but about 60-70 lbs heavier. She's always been overweight before I was born even. But she always always went on about how fat she was and how disgusting she was, and she did diets sometimes or skipped lunch. She doesn't have an ED though. She just overeats on junk food and during meals. But her complaining about her weight and diet triggered me tbh. I never wanted to end up like her, fat and stuck like that. It's terrifying tbh. She also always said I needed to diet with her and eat healthy. Now though she says I'm so bony and need to eat and stuff haha 😋 But yeah if she just stopped eating half a bag of chips at once or like 3 servings of dinner, she'd lose a lot easier. I hate too that she ingrained those habits into me as a kid. I hate it!!

"I'm the invisible man who can't stop staring at the mirror."

5'8''

HW: 185

LW: 143

SW: 155

CW: 143

GW: 140

GW2: 130

UGW: 115

Vegetarian as of: 2009. Vegan as of: August 1st, 2014.

Tumblr: saintsofchicago            

#26 thindreamer

thindreamer

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Locationlouisiana

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:25 AM

I live with my aunt she was bulimic for most of her life she is recovered now but looking at her pictures from when she was my age and my height.... I feel like such a disapointmemt... She was so thin she constantly had bruises on her hip bones and her collar bones were amazing

bow ties on time lords and gingers in jumpers

plaid wearing brothers and trench coat clad angles

doctors and bloggers and war ridden veterans

very sharp cheek bones and violin strings

these are a few of my favorite things :wub: 

#27 Krolowa

Krolowa

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:31 AM

My mom is really overweight, slightly leaning towards the obese side. She holds most of her fat in her abdominal and breast area. She always tells me how she wants her daughters to be skinny and beautiful, but she isn't herself. I don't get it lol

• Anamia. likes this

#28 violingirl13

violingirl13

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:33 AM

My mom is overweight, not obese though. I've always been a little embarrassed by her weight
  • Marinette and Bigdaddy’spizza like this

~~17, violinist, singer, pianist, artist~~

5'6"

HW: 153

CW: 131.2

GW by 2016: 125

UGW: 113  

#29 Guest_Juniper Jade_*

Guest_Juniper Jade_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:34 AM

My mom is a healthy weight but near overweight. She's on a diet and steadily losing which is highly triggering to me, but she just goes on and on about it and how much she's lost.

She used to be skinny til she was 35 and started taking a medication for something. She kinda gained a lot really fast from that. Genetically She's meant to be thin.

I think she's beautiful the way she is honestly. I love her.

#30 Guest_thinesia_*

Guest_thinesia_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:52 AM

My mom is overweight. She has lost a bit of weight, I think she was in the low range of obesity before. 

I didn't really care about it much until she started telling me that once I get towards her age, that I'm bound to gain as much as her since my grandmother, aunts, and uncles are all overweight. I said fuck that, but it still is in the back of my mind. 

I also remember when I got out of treatment the first time, she occasionally said she wished she had my disease to help her lose weight. God that made me angry and upset. She never understood eating disorders. She still thinks its a matter of eating more to cure it. Needless to say, I've distanced myself from her. 

• Marinette likes this

#31 fløwer

fløwer

Omniscient

• Members
  • 3359 posts
  • Locationthe garden

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:58 AM

My mom is slightly overweight- usually average. High body fat percentage though. 

She used to humble brag about how skinny and tiny she used to be as a kid/young adult and how she "hated it so much."

She even used to model and do pageants and stuff. Now, I think she's given up on dieting and thinks she can negate a poor diet with a jog every day. Though, she only goes three times a week at most. I feel for her, I want to help her lose weight. I know I could knowing what I know now- yes, due to my disorder. 

But there's no way she's going to take nutrition advice from her anorexic daughter.

Honestly, she berates me so often about my weight and eating habits. I know she thinks she's ugly, and I wish I could help even though that would be quite ironic.

Tiny Roses

HW: 666        CW: 420        GW: 69

98cbfa83681960854a646a55a97581e2 1

#32 fixtated

fixtated

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1930 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:59 AM

My mom is a normal weight, but always has looked really thin.  Her legs are almost as thin as mine were at my lowest (BMI of 15) and she doesn't eat anything till like noon, sometimes later.  It's pretty triggering for me.  And being in a family of skinny people, I was always expected to be skinny, too.  And my mom is really into healthy eating, so I've always seen some foods as "bad foods."  

• faeway likes this

"The problem is not your thighs, the problem is your head."

#33 skinnycat42

skinnycat42

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3804 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:04 AM

My mom is slightly overweight, but she lost like 10kg due to the stress i caaused :/ i like her new look. Shes a lot healthier and happier now, but im still waaaaay thinner than her, even if im normal weight. Im the thinnest in our family. I have to stay the thinnest. Everythibg else is okay for me ^^
I also like that she gaave up all-time-dieting. Me being so fucked up actually did something good at least, and im kinda happy about that...

Everything that kills me makes me feel alive

- One Republic

--56--55--54--53--52--51--50--49--48--

height: 168cm/ 5'6''

goal BMI: 17.0

general fuck up

#34 🐾SevenTailedWolf72🐾

🐾SevenTailedWolf72🐾

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4011 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:25 AM

My mum is not over weight, and has never had an ED she is 5'4 about 133lb I'm 4'11 about 97lb (as of this morning) Yay! But I don't think she will very be thinner than me. BUT when she was my age she was 97 lbs my weight now but still 5'3. So now I feel like have to weigh about 80lb to compensate. I am a little worried about my Nana though, she is showi g ED like behaviors, sometimes going a whole day without eating. When younaskifshe wants anything she says no, and she will just eat chocolate sometimes. But she also has damensia (sp) so that could be part of it, who knows.
  • faeway likes this

Height: 4'11"3/4

HW:102lbs NEVER AGAIN! 🤐

SW: 98lbs 🎶Lost and gone away🎶

97 🎶Lost and gone away🎶

96 🎶Lost and gone away🎶

GW1: 95 lbs🎶Lost and gone away🎶

94🎶Lost and gone away 🎶

93🎶Lost and gone away🎶

92🎶Lost and gone away🎶

91 🎶Lost and gone away🎶

GW2: 90lbs 🎶Lost and gone away🎶

89 🎶Lost and gone away

88" 🌹🎶Lost and gone away🎶

87 🎶Lost and gone away🎶

86🔅🎶Lost and gone away🎶

GW3: 85lbs🎶Lost and gone away🎶

84 🎶Lost and gone away🎶

82🤘🏽

UGW: 70-72lbs

hqdefault.jpg

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

<p>Love Conquers ALL! ^_^UUGW: 43lbs 😲

#35 christmastimeskinny

christmastimeskinny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Locationireland

Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:26 AM

My mam is so skinny, skinnier than me and she's has 5 kids (including me). But she has a fast metabolism, and she doesn't eat that much. She'll sometimes just have coffee and a cigarette when she's hungry. Sometimes she just skips dinner, or eats it later. She doesn't have an ed, but she doesn't have a big appetite at all. It's pretty shitty cause I have to try really hard not to eat, but she just doesn't want to and whatever she does it she doesn't gain from it. Sometimes she'll binge on crisps and doesn't gain anything.

#36 SkinnyChronicles

SkinnyChronicles

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:29 AM

My mom is shorter than I am and is overweight. 

She constantly does this thing where she wants me to gain weight but not to eat. She wants me to be all perfect and tone and blahblahblah idk I feel like she wants to live vicariously through me since she has issues losing weight and keeping the weight off. 

I'm not too afraid that she'll lose a lot of weight and be thinner than me. Even at my HW, I was still "thinner" than her. 

#37 Confl1ct3d

Confl1ct3d

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:29 AM

My mum is really overweight with a bmi of probably 28 or something,honestly I find that disgusting and never want to be like that. I still love her though and I mean she's beautiful and dresses herself well and with confidence but sometimes I can't help myself thinking those things..
  • bludin likes this

#38 Butt-head

Butt-head

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1006 posts
  • LocationMaxi-Mart

Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:30 AM

I don't really want to judge my mom, but she is slightly overweight. She's very tall so you can't really tell though. She eats whatever she wants too
  • Catladywhore and Bigdaddy’spizza like this

giphy.gif

#39 kingkellin

kingkellin

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Location10 Downing Street

Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:33 AM

My mum before her weight loss was UK size 20 now she's a size 10 and fits into my clothes (size 8) She weighs 3-5 lbs less than me as well:/

• bludin likes this

YskB6vz.gif

#40 allthethingsyouforgot

allthethingsyouforgot

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2097 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:39 AM

My mother is obese. Freaking 300+ pounds. She's always eating and it disgusts me... I wear her shirts as nightgowns that's how big she is. I wish she would lose weight. She's so embarrassing to me and is always making pastries and she thinks that I should stop 'dieting' and accept that my body will be like hers. She is freaking not even 50 but she's already diabetic. I feel sorry for and despise her.
  • flour, al0uest, bludin and 3 others like this

height: 5'6

cw: 163.2

gw: 115

finally back after a long recovery and lots of weight gain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users