How thin/fat is your mom? How do you feel about that? - Page 3 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How thin/fat is your mom? How do you feel about that?

• Please log in to reply
1172 replies to this topic

#41 Camomile

Camomile

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 October 2015 - 12:00 PM

My mum is about the same height as I am (5'3''). I don't know her weight and don't think it's any of my business. She's probably in normal weight range or slightly over, but she does sport a lot and is healthy. Isn't that what matters the most?

I've never felt competitive against my mum, probably because I've always been significantly smaller than her. She exercises more than I do nowadays, and that makes me feel lazy sometimes, but I'm trying not to fall back to excessive exercising. Usually I'm just glad she's happy, healthy and enjoys doing sports.

• Boltzmann, WinterKapha and sabbers24 like this

Fucked up since 2008
Female, 25, lesbian, vegan
AN b/p subtype, diagnosed, not currently in treatment
160 cm / 5'3"

#42 Ech0.o *is a Unicorn*

Ech0.o *is a Unicorn*

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Supporter
  • 10925 posts
  • LocationDallas

Posted 20 October 2015 - 12:06 PM

My mom is two inches taller than me and we have completely different body types - she's Apple shaped and I'm banana shaped. So she weighs the same as I do rn, but looks fatter because all her weight is in her stomach. She's double my waist size and diabetic, has lots of health problems.

She was anorexic until her early 20s when she had my little sister - then she ballooned into the overweight category. In my HS days I weighed more than her, then I started losing weight and it triggered her I guess when I become a smaller size than her - so she's been trying to lose weight too. We look exactly alike with facial features and I hate it, because I don't like how big she is - when I look at her I just don't want to look like that. It's fucked up.

She's been trying to sabotage my weightloss by buying sweets and she weighs herself infront of me, and gloats if she loses weight - and it pisses me off. It's a competition to her - not to me, I don't want to compete with her.

http://www.myproana....gout-thread-tw/

1z1tgu0.jpg
Ty fuckbed for the sig #kittygangfolyfe  

#43 FlickeringFlame

FlickeringFlame

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1140 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 October 2015 - 12:11 PM

I don't really care about my mother's or my father's weights. But they are both a lot taller than me and overweight so I guess I just never had to worry about it, or how to delicately put it. I mean, I don't feel I have a reason to be competitive with them. If anyone in my family it's my sister who is 5'7 and around 135 lbs which is just a bit too close to my own stats, as I'd like to be a lot thinner and smaller than her.

Height: 5'6" (168 cm)

HW: 176 (80 kg)

SW since relapse: 139 (63 kg)

CW: 125 (56 kg)

GW1: 125 (56 kg)

GW2: 120 (54 kg)

GW3: 114 (52 kg) -underweight-

GW4: 108 (49 kg)

GW5: 103 (47 kg)

UGW: 97 (44 kg)

26 year old male (ftm ts). Unpublished writer, hobby artist and nicotine junkie. Diagnosed with atypical anorexia that falls into EDNOS, during Nov 2014. I'm still chasing my dreams and demons full-time. I am diagnoses and hopelessness.

Was "Daztavan" before.

"I try to loosen the noose
but only pull it tighter
and I dampen the dark
in search for something brighter"
~from one of my poems.

#44 TheTaintedHeart

TheTaintedHeart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 20 October 2015 - 12:12 PM

My mother is also Bulimic, so that's an ironic question. She denies being bulimic, but I've heard her purging after eating and I looked through her phone once when I was about 12 while she was in the bathroom puking, and she had a bunch of pro ana stuff. She lost a LOT of weight when she left to move to Colorado from Missouri (Where I was) and when she came back she was extremely thin. The only thing remotely "chubby" were her cheeks from all the purging.

Then she got pregnant 4 years ago with my little brother and got big again. We always could fit in each other's clothes because I was still am big too. Which bothers me because I feel like she should be bigger than me...

But since I moved to Tennessee about a year and a half ago, I haven't seen her except in pictures. And she's DEFINITELY losing a lot of the baby weight now.

I'm not sure how much she weighs, but I know she's 5'3, and I'm 5'6...I still feel like I need to be thinner than her though...

HER mom, hoever (my grandma,) is the same height as me and 114lbs...so that's a struggle for all of us...

• faeway, ~ Voice of Reason ~ and Anamia. like this

H: 5'6

HW: 230lbs  :angry: 

CW: 224.0 (oink oink) 

UGW: 120lbs  :wub: 

Diagnoses: Bulimia, BPD, PTSD, Mood Disorder NOS, Unspecified Neurodevelopmental Disorder, Unspecified Mental Disorder with Self Injurous Behaviors

My blog: thetaintedheart.wordpress.com

Give me a reason 'cause I've got nothing to gain

So what am I doing now?

Feeling complacent, I cannot be contained

I'm so lost and lonely now! -KoRn

My Instagram: instagram.com/the_tainted_heart_101

I am the sinner and your whore

But let me tell you something, baby

You love me for everything you hate me for! -In This Moment

tumblr_neacmn1ol31tfeiswo1_500.gif

3d60478b9136367550be72318081febd.jpg

tumblr_navpgzpkp61taibz9o1_500.gif

99159271.png

I explain why I came back in my newest post entitled "I'm baaaaaaaaaaack! (for the third goddamn time)

http://www.myproana....e/#entry7681428

#45 KyaniteMagick

KyaniteMagick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 October 2015 - 12:15 PM

Mine is very slim. She has a very hard time gaining weight... I've always been curvier that she is.

She's jealous of me, I'm jealous of her. haha

• Anamia. and gravity's bitch like this

#46 basshead

basshead

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 01:49 PM

Shes always been smaller than me. Ive hated it all my life! She is this talented skinny woman and i just cant live up to her.

• faeway, Anamia. and bludin like this

5'6

HW: 260

LW: 145

UGW: 110

CW: 148   Now 166 Quit B/P in October, Relapsed New Years Eve  :( 

2.12.15 Finally back to my low weight 145! 

CW: 145

#47 whereismysoul

whereismysoul

Sage

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 October 2015 - 01:52 PM

My mum is thin, she's like 5'6 and idk how much she weighs but she's slim. She used to be very skinny when she had hard time because of divorce issues and she've been eating small amounts of food and weighed maybe like 50 kilos idk. Now she's A BIT heavier tho she seems to be so proud she gained weight which isn't much visible 😂
but yeah, it makes me feel like if my mum is thin, me as a daughter should be thin too.
  • Anamia. likes this

#48 whereismysoul

whereismysoul

Sage

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 October 2015 - 01:53 PM

Mine is very slim. She has a very hard time gaining weight... I've always been curvier that she is.
She's jealous of me, I'm jealous of her. haha

same lol why mums are always skinnier like wish we'll be thin mums too.

#49 Bluejaybird

Bluejaybird

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1247 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 01:58 PM

My mother is overweight. She's lost a lot this year. I grew up watching her try to diet my whole life. I'm sure it has in some way contributed to my eating disorder.

#50 EraseMeElysion

EraseMeElysion

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1982 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 October 2015 - 01:58 PM

My mum is overweight, she's between a 14-18 (UK) but I forget. She's an apple shape just like me and seeing that we have the same "shape" freaks me the hell out. She was also a size 6 at my age so that freaks me out even more. She always talked about dieting and weight loss as I was growing up and calories etc etc (she doesn't have an ed she used to be a dieter) and that really fucked me up.

Arya-Stark-saying-Valar-Morghulis-on-Gam

HW: 136lbs
LW: 80lbs
CW: ??? 
Height: 5'4

~ I relapsed, again ~

#51 power-and-control

power-and-control

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:00 PM

my mom is way skinnier than me and almost always has been, it drives me nuts. she also definitely has anorexia or orthorexia but will never admit it. i do worry for her health a lot because i love her even though she drives me nuts haha

height: 5' 9"

SW: 159 (BMI - 23.5, 70th percentile)

CW: 139.2 (as of 2/18/16)

GW #1: 140

GW #2: 130

GW #3: 120

UGW: 110 (BMI - 16.2, <5th percentile)

~vegetarian since May 30, 2013~

#52 KittyMiss

KittyMiss

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:02 PM

My mom has out on a lot of weight in the last two years. I mean, she's still 'skinny' but she's no where near as little as she used to be. She's maybe around 70ish kilos. In saying that, she has had a kidney disease for 25+ years and is on dialysis daily, so I feel so so bad when I strr judging her for gaining weight

nap me up, buttercup

#53 lady mcmeth

lady mcmeth

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1852 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:24 PM

my mom is a healthy weight. she barely eats but sometimes she absolutely drowns her food in cheese or dressing which is alarming to say the least. for her age, she looks pretty good i guess but i'd never want to look like her, only because i hold myself to a higher standard. i think her legs are skinnier than mine. if my mom was skinnier than me or even close to it i would probably have major self esteem issues. my best friend looks like shit and her mom is a MILF and i can tell she's very jealous of her mom because of it. 

• Anamia. likes this

'Cause the likes ay that cunt needs ching n a few bevvies tae dae that. That's the difference between me n him.

Spoiler

#54 Tropic_of_Cancer

Tropic_of_Cancer

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:46 PM

My mom had a to die-for figure until she turned 40 (big boobs, petite). Then she had my younger brother and never really got rid of the weight she gained while being pregnant. I think it's one of the risks of late pregnancy.

She still has a healthy BMI - however, she's been on diets ever since and also has some weird eating patterns (like eating nothing for breakfast and eating a lot at night and in bed, never having real meals but snacking a lot). but that's also because she's a nurse and has to work in shifts which fucks up your eating pattern.

It makes me feel kind of guilty because I had the genetics to have a natural nice body shape but ruined it with my disordered eating. (my father also used to be very lean and isn't really overweight now, only has a little bit of belly fat like a healthy 60 year old probably should have).

• Anamia. and bludin like this

Visible and mobile, my body is a thing among things; it's caught in the fabric of the world, and its cohesion is that of a thing. But, because it moves itself and sees, it holds things in a circle around itself.

101 lbs - BMI 17,3

105 lbs - BMI 18,0

110 lbs - BMI 18,8

SW: 122 lbs / GW 98 lbs

#55 ChocolateQueen

ChocolateQueen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:53 PM

Me : 5ft 1 109 lbs

Mum : 5ft 2 104lbs

It kills me and at my high weight of 119lbs she made it clear I needed to lose

#56 Sailin

Sailin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:56 PM

She is overweight but not obese. She is healthy, happy and successful as hell and idk where the hell i got all these mental illnesses. 

• Anamia. likes this

5'9''

CW: 175.4

GW: 140

UGW: 110

HW:293

#57 Unbeautiful_Biatch

Unbeautiful_Biatch

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1705 posts
  • LocationOn MPA, procrastinating about doing homework! ;)

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:58 PM

My mum's BMI is about 19-18. She eats tons though and is really flatchested and you can see her ribs and stuff but I know her eating habits are fine. I wear the same size trousers as her practically. Even though I'm 2 inches shorter and underweight. It's so bloody unfair.  :angry:

• Anamia. likes this

:wub:  Founder of  :wub:

765NrBE.png

uar2jcfyunqqygwj.gif

(For all AA - C girls!!) 

Basically bulimic.

-_- 

#58 FemaleSnowAngel

FemaleSnowAngel

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts
  • LocationLost...

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:00 PM

My mom is 167 cm (or close to that) she weighs around 42 kg and I'm freaking jealous  :angry:

I'm 143 cm and weigh 45 kg (I know my signature says something else but I haven't been able to update it in a month).

Height: 143 cm

Diagnosis: Mild form of EDNOS/OSFED

(Read this in my medical journal and wasn't told about it face to face.

It said I fit the criteria, but nothing else, so I don't know if it's an actual diagnosis.)

HW: 65.5 kg / 144 lbs (BMI = 32)

LW: 41.8 kg / 92 lbs (BMI = 20.4)

Next goal: 60 kg / 132 lbs (BMI = 29.3)

#59 skinnysavvy

skinnysavvy

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio, United States.

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:00 PM

My mom is at a healthy weight. We wear the same size (7), and she used to weigh less than me. But she started drinking a LOT and now she's around 140. (More than me) idk how I feel about it because I like my mind body. She has smallish boobs, a big butt, very thin legs, and nice curvy hips, and she's at a nice height of 5'8. I don't think she's ever had an eating disorder but she eats healthy! She told me once she eats around 1000 calories a day...

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Were all addicted to something that helps take the pain away. 

#60 break-free

break-free

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:03 PM

My mom is so skinny and pretty. And I was always bigger than her, except for when I was at my low weight. Ive always heard from my friends " your mom is so pretty and skinny" and it makes me so jealous. I honestly wish she would gain 20 pounds just so u don't feel like dying when I'm with her. Everyone says now that my mom is thinner than me and I cry so much over it I hate it.
  • Anamia. likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users