How thin/fat is your mom? How do you feel about that? - Page 5 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How thin/fat is your mom? How do you feel about that?

• Please log in to reply
1172 replies to this topic

#81 musicalfailure

musicalfailure

Anorexia in the Key of B/P Major

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15464 posts
  • LocationAs far away from paradise as you can possibly be..

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:19 PM

My mum is thin and oh my god it triggers me. I have a secret competition with her. I know I've lost weight recently bc my legs are very close to being as thin as hers. Can't wait for them to be thinner though..
Love you mpa, thanks for everything ♡

#82 Guest_rubberbands&paperclips_*

Guest_rubberbands&paperclips_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:24 PM

Although I am adopted, I picked up a lot of Mom's health conscious eating styles. She doesn't have an ED, but she is extremely health conscious and I grew up scared of being fat. While she plays a big role in my ED beginnings, I don't fully blame her because I chose to stop eating.

#83 LittleSongBird

LittleSongBird

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1862 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:25 PM

My mom is overweight but she has been trying to lose weight and she has! I think she has ED. She doesnt eat that much, i envy her for that reason. She has more fucking control over herself than I do!

HW: ---

CW: 170ish

LW: 121.6

GW: 110

UGW: 105

#84 fromhergrace

fromhergrace

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:26 PM

My mom is very very healthy. Like she's the epitome of health in terms of what she eats and her exercise habits. She's not super sonny (she's had 3 kids) but she has lost a lot of weight over the past year and she kinda talks about it sometimes and theres no reason for me to feel like shit but I still do

• Sigh* and bludin like this

#85 Guest_thedevilsgrin_*

Guest_thedevilsgrin_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:29 PM

my mom is overweight in her middle age and I couldn't care less. she tries to eat a "relatively healthy" diet. she eats normal meals and has things she likes in moderation, no going crazy on snack foods and sweets, but she does have them in moderation. I know she'd like to lose weight, but she's not willing to make any big sacrifices to at this point in life.

if she wanted to really lose weight I know I would be way TOO encouraging, I would have all the tips and ideas for healthy weight loss and nutrition. I just get so excited when people around me go on diets. =P however she's not in any danger of getting anywhere remotely near my weight so there's no competition.

I have felt competitive w/ my sister before though, she has struggled w/ briefly w/ an ED in the past and is always very aware of what she's eating (she is a vegetarian now) and maintaining a healthy thin weight and historically was usually the thinnest of us 3 sisters, so yeah when I've been at a higher weight especially I feel very competitive w/ her but I can't imagine feeling competitive w/ my mom ever.

#86 Kusari

Kusari

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:38 PM

My mom is beautiful no matter what size she was in the past or is now. I only find flaws in myself.

#87 howmuchworse

howmuchworse

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

My mom used to be really thin due to having a very stressful life. She gained weight during the years tho and now she is pretty fat around the middle, but her legs..... She has extremely thin legs. She is taller than me, which bothers me cause I'm tiny and it is so difficult for tiny people to have thin legs. And she just has them. I hate it. It makes me so envious..

tumblr_mn1p33bjpk1s8bub6o1_500.gif

H: 5'3      W: unknown 117 115 112.5 111 110 109 108 105.5 104 103 100

#88 Pickle Rick

Pickle Rick

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

My mom is I guess pretty big. Shes also 5'1. Idk her weight exactly I think 160-180+.
She says she wants to lose weight but she won't change her diet. She says she's going on a fast but she friggin consumes a ton of liquid calories (probably more than 1000). She gets on me about 'gross healthy' foods (meaning its not sweet enough). She won't take advice (hinting I'm the only one losing weight of females) and she thinks I'm 'tiny' but I'm honestly not. But girls who are LITERALLY tiny (girls who Are my ideal of thin) she's like, "that's bony." And I get uncomfortable :/

#89 kitkat27

kitkat27

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6235 posts
  • Location~ california ~ she/her

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:50 PM

My mom's pretty thin. I don't really mind her weight, I just mind that she gets to choose her diet. Like, her diet is mostly salad, rice cakes, peanut butter, and chocolate. Whenever we're on good terms (which is rarely), she gives me all this fatty junk for dinner while she sits there and eats her kale salads. It is so triggering!! I recently went on a backpacking trip, and I asked her about bringing some rice cakes, and she said 'no, they're not nutritious enough for you.' So you can eat them and I can't? How is that fair??? I get that she is trying to be a good parent, but it is just so damn triggering sometimes.
  • Anamia. likes this

~ an-b/p ~

5'7.5, 107.6

BD232-C95-EE33-4-DE5-8925-93-A98-A449-E2

accountability

#90 Pixie28

Pixie28

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:52 PM

My mom is overweight. She's been dieting my entire life and it's what initially triggered my ed. I grew up watching her yoyo diet for years, losing a little and gaining it all back plus more...
I find her body disgusting. Her butt is huge and she's an absolute failure at losing and maintaining weight. I pray to god I never end up like her.

^^ this is me!

#91 whitesky21

whitesky21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:03 PM

My mom is and always has been a health nut. Within the past few years she acquired multiple "allergies" including gluten, dairy, nut sensitivities, and a couple types of meats. She's been tested many times for said allergies and the results were always negative. Like she makes them up just so she doesn't have to eat anything. Since she discovered her "allergies" she's lost a lot of weight from her already thin figure. She cooks and bakes constantly and always mentions all the time how she can't eat any and then makes the family eat it all. She forces it a lot of the time on me even when I refuse, and then she accuses me of having an eating disorder when she's the one who never eats. Like, she has an egg with spinach every morning for breakfast and then doesn't eat again until dinner, if that. And she is always is talking about how skinny people tell her she is and how she gets skinny-hated on because fat people look at her, like wtf.

More to the subject, my mom is 5'2" and 99 lbs, which is way smaller than me and I couldn't be more envious. I'm positive she wants it this way. But I use her food restrictions as inspiration for myself and never eat anything outside her criteria. I also hate eating around her because I feel like she judges me for being fat. I mean, if she judges herself hard enough to never eat, I can imagine she would her daughter.
Sorry for the long post, I'd be surprised if you read it all, haha.
  • Summerlovely91 likes this

~5'5"~

HW: 146

LW: 112

CW: 143

UGW: 100

#92 deadnymph

deadnymph

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:07 PM

My mom is 5"3 and around 80 lbs. She was hospitalized for anorexia throughout my childhood. I grew up hating growing taller and wider than her. I still hate it.

• Summerlovely91 and VioletSkyy like this

Height: 5'10"

155lbs (HW) 22.2 (BMI)

​  92lbs (LW) 13.2 (BMI)

125lbs (CW) 17.9 (BMI)
100lbs (GW) 15.8 (BMI)

#93 Guest_Sir Cow_*

Guest_Sir Cow_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:08 PM

My moms weight goes up and down. Sometimes she's really thin sometimes shes a bit heavier but still not fat. I'm pretty sure she has an eating disorder of some sort. For the longest time she would only eat low carb. She ate ALOT of meat and cheese and nuts and what not. Her diet was absolutely disgusting tbh, but that's how she stayed slim. Recently she fell off the wagon and gained a bit and now she is doing a juice fast and it's triggering the fuck out of me I can hardly take it. 

#94 VioletSkyy

VioletSkyy

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:17 PM

my mom is 5 inches shorter than me and was underweight pretty much my whole life. Lately though she is 40lbs more than me and I am the thin one. She sends me here old jeans and dresses(all are too short and too small) and doesnt understand this is triggering.

...::Change happens when the pain of change is less than the pain of remaining the same::...

...stats moved to profile...

UGW - who fucking knows?

Do it for yourself first.

#95 mochroi

mochroi

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 2862 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:19 PM

My mum is gorgeous and leads a healthy, happy lifestyle and has a great relationship with food. I know she gets down about her body, but she always radiates kindness and health and positivity, and I honestly don't think anyone who knows her at all gives a shit about her weight. She's my role model and I hope one day to be as balanced and happy as she is.
  • Anamia. and xempty like this

While the branches are breaking

You can't help mistaking the forest for the trees

24, female, 5'8.5/174cm

HW: 165lbs/75kgs | BMI: 24.77

LW: 119lbs/54kgs | BMI: 17.84

CW: 141lbs/64kgs | BMI: 21.14

GW1: 137lbs/62kgs | BMI: 20.48

GW2: 132lbs/60kgs | BMI: 19.82

GW3: 128lbs/58kgs | BMI: 19.16

GW4: 123lbs/56kgs | BMI: 18.50

GW5: 119lbs/54kgs | BMI: 17.84

GW6: 115lbs/52kgs | BMI: 17.18

UGW: 110lbs/50kgs | BMI: 16.51

#96 WhiteAlice

WhiteAlice

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:29 PM

My mom was really really thin when she was young and due to some health issues a couple years back, her doctor even ordered her to gain 10lbs. But now that she's getting older she's a little overweight (not massively or anything) and I think she's insecure about it but I think she looks great! :) Her whole life people have treated her like and said she was an ugly duckling but I don't agree at all because I think she is beautiful. So it's never really been anything about her physically that has triggered me, but A LOT of the stuff that she says/does.

Some examples include comments on my food like "Wow that's a huge meal!" "Can you eat all that?" or comments on how much I've eaten (Because 200 calories of vegetables can look like a lot and she's unaware of that) "You can really stuff things in!" "I could never eat that much." "I can't believe you ate all that!"

Or random stuff she says about herself and others

"I wish that once I ate I could just get it all out so I wouldn't have to feel full." (Yeah mom it's called purging)

"That girl really shouldn't be wearing those clothes; no one wants to see your fat hanging out!"

"These clothes are made for thin girls, is there another store you'd like to look at?"

"You could get chubby if you're not careful, that's just how you are. Your sister will never be like that because she'll always be thin. You need to watch what you eat."

I could literally go on all day. But yeah, TL;DR my mom's weight doesn't trigger me, her actions do.

#97 SwagFartDinosuar

SwagFartDinosuar

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:39 PM

My mom is morbidly obese. I just wish she took care of herself better because I care about her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#98 ☄ phantom

☄ phantom

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 2179 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:40 PM

my mom is overweight and used to diet but i think she has taken a break because she doesn't talk about what she can't eat and all that. she's about 5' 3" and i dont actually know but last time i saw her weight (our scale remembers recent weigh-ins) it was like 185 i think.

i'm afraid of how she will react to my weight loss. i try to make it known when i exercise so that it can be attributed to that but ive heard her make the stereotypical "i wanna feed her a cheeseburger!" thing and she jumps to the worst thing sometimes.

she makes 'fat talk' with me and occasionally gives me unneeded tips on how to hide my fat or whatever (although that doesnt really happen anymore) and i can understand it but it makes me as uncomfortable as if someone insuted me by calling me fat.

tldr she's overweight but beautiful and triggers me from time to time + stresses me out about her future conclusions/reactions

tumblr_maw3dluxwq1ra8x0no1_250.gif
height: 5' 2"
no personal scale, was 138
ugw: 100

#99 skellington.

skellington.

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1303 posts
  • Locationthe moon

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:45 PM

My mother is enormous.

We are opposite extremes.
  • flour likes this

I'm in the throes of you, somewhere in the belly of the beast.

My fasting / accountability thread.

#100 honeycoffeemilk

honeycoffeemilk

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:57 PM

Both of my parents have had EDs, my dad is the only one who will admit it tho. My mom is like an inch taller than me and has waaay more muscle tone, i weigh less (she's about 130 and im 120) but she obviously carries it a lot better.  She ALWAYS COMPLAINS about her weight to me though, and while i dont really compare myself to her, i cant help but feel extremely triggered when she starts talking about how she wishes she was thin. I make dinner every night so i literally always make sure her portions are bigger than mine just so i can feel safe, fml.

I used to be honeycoffeemilk on tumblr
hw: 150 cw: 118 gw: 100 ugw: 90
height: 5’4”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users