How thin/fat is your mom? How do you feel about that? - Page 57 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How thin/fat is your mom? How do you feel about that?

• Please log in to reply
1172 replies to this topic

#1121 StarvingLlama*-*

StarvingLlama*-*

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17801 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 October 2021 - 05:59 PM

She's always been pretty thin/almost underweight. Just today I had a mental breakdown because of my ED and she told me about how she used to be bulimic at 14 but stopped because she didn't want to be forced into treatment and times were different then etc. Now she's not eating disordered anymore but she barely eats real meals and instead just smokes a lot and gets drunk on cheap wine. She'll always trigger me though and if I ever recover I'll feel like shit being bigger than her. So I'm stuck rn because I refuse to ever be bigger than her again in my life.

Gesendet von meinem M2007J17G mit Tapatalk

#1122 juliette.

juliette.

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 06:03 PM

my mom has always had a pretty healthy relationship with food at a healthy weight and honestly i‘m quite happy for her. i definitely don‘t wish this shit on anyone i love. my father on the other hand definitely some disordered eating going on there

5'3 | CW: 122.2 lbs | GW: 99lbs

#1123 nofunclub

nofunclub

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 01 November 2021 - 08:19 AM

my mum has had a horrendous relationship with food her whole life so it really doesn't surprise me that I am the same.
she's currently at her biggest but she is a severe agoraphobic and never leaves the house so all she can do is comfort eat really.
she spent a large period of her life yoyo dieting and I've seen her at literally most weight ranges so it must makes me sad overall

s t a t s

173cm/5'8"

sw: 176

cw: 121

lw: 108

g o a l s

gw1: 140

gw2: 126

gw3: 110

ugw: 100

#1124 Thatedgyrabbit

Thatedgyrabbit

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 08:24 AM

Slightly overweight and it doesn’t affect me

if I come of as rude I probably don’t mean it.

Things I drew recently:

Spoiler

#1125 FastLane101

FastLane101

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 November 2021 - 09:28 AM

my mom has always had a pretty healthy relationship with food at a healthy weight and honestly i‘m quite happy for her. i definitely don‘t wish this shit on anyone i love. my father on the other hand definitely some disordered eating going on there

How so? Just curious, as I feel like a lot of people do not have that sort of experience with their dads.

#1126 hotgirlproblems

hotgirlproblems

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 10:00 AM

My mom is small and competes with me, she ain’t winning tho 💅🏾

#1127 thisishydra

thisishydra

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 11:19 AM

My mom is currenty overweight and has been maintaining the same for a couple of years. She does strength training and overall has a good relationship with food. Before that, she was chronically and morbidly obese.

This might be off topic but I really wanted to share this. So, I was gonna have this chocolate bar, only 128 kcal, because I was craving something sugary and it was the best option. She scoops out "1 tbsp" of peanut butter which in reality is around 3 tbsp. So while I'm grabbing my bar from the fridge, she says, "Don't have the whole bar, just have 2 pieces."

That triggered the fuck out of me and I ended up eating 4 pieces (cause the bar was broken). But look at the fucking irony. If only she knew the calories in her "1 tbsp" of peanut butter lmao.

But I guess it's for the best... I had 52 kcal instead of 128 so it's a win for me
19, he/him

#1128 juliette.

juliette.

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 12:34 PM

How so? Just curious, as I feel like a lot of people do not have that sort of experience with their dads.

for a long time a tendency to skip meals (breakfast often, lunch always), has a small dinner but then binges on cheese or chips at 10pm or after that on most days. it's gotten a lot better like he has "normal" dinners nowadays usually and more breakfast too but still kinda a tendency. he's always been normal weight tho.

5'3 | CW: 122.2 lbs | GW: 99lbs

#1129 skyxwalker

skyxwalker

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 12:35 PM

my mum is so thin and i‘m so jelaous omg
she eats like one meal a day (dinner) and man her legs are perfect

#1130 Skinnyminnie1984isback

Skinnyminnie1984isback

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3466 posts
  • LocationNorth U.K.

Posted 01 November 2021 - 12:43 PM

My mam is average now. She was thin when she smoked now she’s just ‘normal’. She eats once sometime twice per day tho i know but she does let herself have treats etc if she wants too. She seems happy enough and good for her
5’7
Relapse sw 184
Cw 154
Lw 106
Gw 106
Ugw 98

#1131 wowlovely3

wowlovely3

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 01:20 PM

my mom is obese, always struggled with dieting, and never had healthy food for me to eat. my grandma is anorexic and always commented on my appearance and what I ate. I guess I got influence from both of them bec now I have ednos yay

#1132 slut4soup

slut4soup

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Locationsupermarket's tea aisle

Posted 01 November 2021 - 11:27 PM

she's fat rnw but she used to be super skinny when she was my age (Telling me she used to wear kids clothes and all) and was definitely disordered in her youth from what she's told me but it doesn't really bother me TBH

i think its because i have a OK/good relationship with her?

and she honestly has a better diet than me nutrition wise HAHA

(´。• ᵕ •。`) ♡

#1133 Skinylivvy

Skinylivvy

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 12:30 PM

My mom is probably just barely overweight, definitely healthy. She is also 5 inches shorter than me. My mom used to be extremely small. When she gave birth to my older brother her highest weight was 90 and 100 with me. She constantly comments on my body and talks about how skinny she was and how I’m almost as skinny as she was. She is my best friend but she can definitely be a toxic bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1134 sleepyfaefae

sleepyfaefae

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • LocationLocked in my own insanity

Posted 02 November 2021 - 12:45 PM

my mom is obese, but has always encouraged a healthy relationship around food, meaning balance. She has developed some knee + feet problems thanks to her weight and accepts that it is her fault. Basically her motivation isn't vanity-based, but rather what is already happening to her body. Just today she was happily telling me about how she lost a few pounds and was super happy about it. I support her bc she really does not want to suffer from these problems anymore, but I will step in if she takes it too far.

height: 5'4/163cm

hw: 160

lw: 1o3

cw: 106

gw: 100

ugw: 95

accountability 

db5071d190172bd5ceaa50f810fe425a.gif

#1135 LittlePinnie

LittlePinnie

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 12:50 PM

My mum always had been obese. She is living off proteinshakes and binges. 

Really fucked me up as kid. 

Always had to join her shitty shady protein diets.

179 cm. HW: 275 lbs
CW: 186 lbs CW: 175 lbs CW: 171 CW166 lbs
GW1: 165 lbs
UGW: 110 lbs
*not a native english speaker *

#1136 gloum

gloum

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • LocationDirty Jerz

Posted 02 November 2021 - 01:06 PM

my mom was a healthy weight when she was younger. when my parents were getting divorced she had some sort of disordered eating (I was really little so I didn't realize at the time, but she's talked about how during that time period she was hardly eating and she was the skinniest she's ever been). then she started gaining weight and was obese for a few years, and has recently lost some and is now overweight. she's constantly talking about her diet and how many pounds she's lost. I'm happy for her that she's getting healthier, but it's really triggering when she talks about how many calories are in whatever food I'm eating in front of her. I've asked her not to talk about it but she still does.

the last time we went out to eat together she kept commenting on how much weight I've lost, and I noticed her looking at me really weird when I was eating (I wasn't hiding my weird eating rituals very well so I'm nervous that she's starting to suspect something is up). her treatment of me is a big part of why I developed an ED in the first place, so I wish she would just shut the fuck up about food & weight around me 

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

cw 147.8

bmi 24.6
gw1 185
gw2 149
gw3 119
gw4 110
gw5 96

ugw 90

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

tumblr_n3g8ak23KV1som4u1o2_640.png

#1137 slavicbagel

slavicbagel

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 01:22 PM

She stays very healthy. She definitely has had disordered behavior in the past (have not lived with her for years now), but she's never had underweight or close to it as her goal. It's interesting. I would guess she floats between 22-24 bmi. I think we both tend to beat ourselves up if we miss the mark on even minor parts of our diet/exercise routines, though. I have a lot of respect for her, she lifts a lot and I can tell she has taken such good care of herself for years now. She is now working part time in personal training and she loves it. I think it has gotten her to a much healthier mindset to apply what she knows about weight loss and nutrition and help other people. When you want to encourage clients and prevent them from getting down on themselves, I'm sure it reframes your perspective of your own body + discipline. <3 

CW: 120.4 (21.5)

GW1: 118 (21.1)

GW2: 114 (20.4)

GW3: 108 (19.3)

UGW: 104 (18.6)

recent LW: 118 (21.1)

LW: 104

HW: 160

walking/biking + lifting + high restricting

intermittent fasting

binge free since: 11/8/21

#1138 chunkiana

chunkiana

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 02 November 2021 - 01:28 PM

My mom is very much overweight but I watched her struggle with her weight and body image throughout my childhood. She's much heavier than I am and we both store weight differently. 

#1139 alextrueheart

alextrueheart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 03:02 AM

My mom is on the plush side and I think shes perfect just the way she is. Perfect comforting hugs without her weight getting in the way of anything, (just getting old stuff.) Only thing is "I used to be real skinny like you." Or even worse "thinner than you." I don't know why that triggers me but it does. Also she talks about being on very limited diets when I was little because of food issues and barely eating. I guess I want to be like that. 

#1140 alextrueheart

alextrueheart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 03:02 AM

My mom is on the plush side and I think shes perfect just the way she is. Perfect comforting hugs without her weight getting in the way of anything, (just getting old stuff.) Only thing is "I used to be real skinny like you." Or even worse "thinner than you." I don't know why that triggers me but it does. Also she talks about being on very limited diets when I was little because of food issues and barely eating. I guess I want to be like that. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users