How thin/fat is your mom? How do you feel about that? - Page 59 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How thin/fat is your mom? How do you feel about that?

• Please log in to reply
1172 replies to this topic

#1161 reef shark

reef shark

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1342 posts
  • Location2012

Posted 25 November 2021 - 11:05 PM

my mom is pretty disordered when it comes to eating and sees her weight as the only way to be validated or wanted by (especially) men. she's 5'1 and i think overweight right now. she's been trying relentlessly to lose the weight tho. 

4dae7d3bed246917ed47899f9bd906ed.gif

she/her || 18

#1162 ariair

ariair

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationSouthern New England

Posted 25 November 2021 - 11:21 PM

This topic needs a poll, lol! My mom has been overweight since about 2005. My whole life she's been on some diet or exercise lifestyle change. 

I feel weird when she engages in some of the bs obscure health talk, but I usually say nothing. Yesterday she was going on about the minimal sugar in her celery juice, and I asked, "Why don't you just eat the vegetable instead of buying the juice?"

She said, "Well, that takes too much energy." .....??? like, bro, come on...chewing takes too much energy? Juicing is bs. Eat the celery. Tf.

Sometimes, when I see her eating something high-cal at night or in excess, I catch myself thinking, 'That's why you shouldn't eat xyz-food.' I try to correct those thoughts... I love my mom; I wish she had better control. 

Alchemy_air_symbol.pngIt's my party and I'll cry if I want toAlchemy_air_symbol.png

#1163 heidiiii

heidiiii

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

Posted 25 November 2021 - 11:39 PM

my mum was like just normal like bmi 23ish maybe when i was born and then got super into fitness like weightlifting and like normal dieting but luckily never developed an ed.

as a kid i pretty much only had treats every now and then. which in retrospect is fine but i think it’s the way they were considered so ‘bad’. i don’t think it’s her fault, i just think that having such restrictions at a young age made me binge as soon as i got access to food outside of home which happened to be around 11-12 during puberty. which meant i put on way more weight than i needed too instead of just developing and growing normally. anyway i think that’s what triggered my ED bc i realised how much weight i had gained through that first hit of puberty from eating so much

she got super fit back in like 2014?? idk and then has stayed pretty fit since, like she’s just a healthy weight and muscly i’m so jealous bc she’s so balanced although her bmi is like 21, she’s mostly like tone from exercise.

i think after i got diagnosed, she completely stopped following diet culture but now she follows intuitive dieticians on IG yuck and is a bit over the top about like all that stuff instead of being realistic. like she just makes stupid comments instead of being supportive of my well-being and MH. like today i went to the gym w her to just sit and watch cos i cbf staying home and i was looking at my side body profile and she goes ‘stop body checking’ like bitch stfu like ur actually annoying

like why does she think she knows everything about EDs after reading some books and watching some webinars

#1164 princesita

princesita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 01:16 AM

my mother is a couple of inches shorter than me. before she had me, she was very thin. right now she’s slightly overweight. recently i’ve noticed that she has gotten a little slimmer over the years, which triggers me quite a bit, but my mother’s weight is really none of my business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1165 toxic.in.waste

toxic.in.waste

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 01:47 AM

My mom's been obese my whole life and tried diet after diet unsuccessfully
It's basically ingrained in me a terror of weight gain bc I don't want to end up like that, she's a constant reminder of what obesity is like and that it's not ok and difficult to escape

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

#1166 pawye

pawye

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1635 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 November 2021 - 01:52 AM

Before she got pregnant (4x) she was perfectly in shape, not thin, but also not fat.
She was 5’4 and 130lbs but she always looked smaller than what she actually is, even doctors tell her.
Two/three years ago she weighed 176lbs at 5’3 but she has lost weight (not intentionally, she dgaf and has never tried dieting) so she’s 5’3 and 155lbs now.

tumblr_inline_mww2fz8APc1r0jzp4.gif

tumblr_inline_mww0czG7eL1r0jzp4.gif

If I can't be the pretty one, I'll be the skinny one.

ht 162cm | LW 26.0kg [bmi 9.9] 

accountability

tumblr_inline_mww2m51HpU1r0jzp4.gif

#1167 hard

hard

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Locationmy bed

Posted 26 November 2021 - 09:21 AM

My mother has always been overweight , but each year (for the last 5-6 years) she’s been alternating between thin and overweight. Her weight fluctuates a lot because of her thyroid issues and I think stress causes weight loss for her.

-lou
5'4 cw unknown.

#1168 hard

hard

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Locationmy bed

Posted 26 November 2021 - 09:21 AM

My mother has always been overweight , but each year (for the last 5-6 years) she’s been alternating between thin and overweight. Her weight fluctuates a lot because of her thyroid issues and I think stress causes weight loss for her.

-lou
5'4 cw unknown.

#1169 loserduck

loserduck

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 10:59 AM

My mom got a tummy tuck but she is still a good 20-30 lbs heavier than me. She's not overweight at all. She keeps saying that I am too skinny and she keeps trying to get me to eat junk food. (She doesn't know Abt my ed) sometimes I feel like she is actively sabotaging my efforts by making all sorts of really bad deserts and adding the extra butter and food to my bowl only at meal times. I know it's wrong and I appreciate all she does for me but it feels like torture.

Sent from my A5_Pro using Tapatalk
  • heidiiii likes this

#1170 it’s fine

it’s fine

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 11:07 AM

idk i don’t live with her anymore. her weight has fluctuated so much over the years. she was always going on diets when i was younger. i’m sure she’s a bit disordered. i don’t compete with her though because i have always been thinner and probably always will be tbh, it never even occurred to me to worry about it
🌱🌸

#1171 Decomposed

Decomposed

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Locationsweden

Posted 26 November 2021 - 11:10 AM

my mom was very thin during her teens/early adulthood but she gained weight after giving birth multiple times. she is slightly overweight now, but idc really. i am actually thankful that she isn't into dieting because it would just be triggering af

#1172 Apteryx

Apteryx

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 09:57 PM

My mom’s always been massive since having me. Before she was thinnish, not too thin but on the slim side of average.

Part of my ED formed due to constant “once you hit puberty you’ll explode” commentary. There were other factors. But this is huge. Pardon the pun.

But as I’m still home alone, well into puberty, and I live with her and her “I don’t eat enough to weigh what I do” bullshit, the more it fuels my ED. Like bitch I’ll show you CICO works if you stop ignoring the liquid calories in a White Russian.

kiwi.png

#1173 obsidianblood

obsidianblood

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 26 November 2021 - 10:12 PM

my mum was thinner when i was a young kid but she binge eats and it used to be a lot worse, she used to purge too. shes lost weight in the past few years and shes at a healthy weight now.

i remember when i was in primary school she would always be talking about dieting and which foods are "fattening" and there was always some weird diet food in the kitchen. it contributed to me thinking i needed to lose weight as a kid when i definitely didnt.
theres still optifast shakes in the cupboard that she probably bought years ago and never used. i never asked her how she lost weight but i think she just did it by not eating so much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users