Single parent - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Single parent

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ella_Mental

Ella_Mental

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:42 AM

So I'm a single mum and I guess it's just one of those things where the world keeps piling it all on you. My ED has gotten to a point where it is back, full fledged (after a year of recovery followed by the last 6 months of it slowly creeping back) and now I'm just so guilty about being a bad mum. It seems (in my self deprecating criticism of myself) like no good parent would have to revert to not eating and weight loss in order to control her world. But it just brings me such peace.....

Anyway I guess I'm just saying hi to the other parents out there. I had a really good eating day today so I'm perking up a bit in comparison to the last few months. So yeah, Hi!

Ella Mental

.:. Be Like Water .:.

Height : 171 cm. CW 56.4 kg. LW 51 kg. HW 70kg. GW 52 kg consistently

-_- 

#2 Diesel

Diesel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

Ella, that's going to happen whether you're a single mom or married... I was a single mom until a little over a year ago when a wonderful man decided he loved me and my daughters and wanted to be part of our lives. Even tho he's such a good man, he can't make the world stable for me. My daughter is turning 18 and has a boyfriend and has been talking about moving in with him and not going to college and I am envisioning her whole life going down the drain. For a minute, she thought she might even be pregnant. Too much, way too much for me. And then I had recently gained some weight because of holidays and a funeral. Perfect combo - boom - I'm all over what I'm eating, when I'm eating, what appetite suppressants to take, etc. It's no surprise, you shouldn't be surprised or ashamed. If you have found comfort, happiness or satisfaction in Ana in the past, you can expect that you will be tempted to go back to that well when things get tough. Don't beat yourself up. You are trying to cope with a world that doesn't make sense, like the rest of us. Wish I had read your post sooner... Hang in there, lady... We are rooting for you!
Height: 5' 4"
HW: 153
CW: 145
GW1: 140 -- I'm thinking new outfit
GW2: 130 -- Hubby says I can get my eyebrow pierced! :)
GW3: 120 -- Uh, being at 120 is reward enough!

#3 Jools

Jools

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

I'm a single parent too. I'm sad to say my son is now used to me not joining him for our evening meals. I still cook, but only for him. He sometimes mentiones it, but not as much as he used to. Every now and then he asks whether he needs to set the table for 1 or 2 people. But most of the time he just gets stuff for himself.

Yeah, I do feel guilty about it but I just don't wanna gain any weight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users