Water After a Binge - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Water After a Binge

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 stayafloat

stayafloat

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:25 AM

Does drinking a ton of water after a binge really make a difference or help at all? I just binged all day and I'm desperate for something to help. I don't want to bother guzzling water if it's just gonna make me pee all night.

#2 Guest_goodbyefarewellsolong_*

Guest_goodbyefarewellsolong_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:31 AM

i don't know if drinking loads of water will necessarily reduce damage, if there is any. in my experience, drinking lots of water afterwards just made me feel more full and worse (actually caused me to vomit involuntarily it was nasty). there may be a slight gain tomorrow, even the day after, but it is not permanent it's just food + water weight. try to eat as normally as possible the next few days, let yourself recover from it, in a day or so you'll be good

best of luck to you, hope you're doing alright 

• stayafloat likes this

#3 stayafloat

stayafloat

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:36 AM

i don't know if drinking loads of water will necessarily reduce damage, if there is any. in my experience, drinking lots of water afterwards just made me feel more full and worse (actually caused me to vomit involuntarily it was nasty). there may be a slight gain tomorrow, even the day after, but it is not permanent it's just food + water weight. try to eat as normally as possible the next few days, let yourself recover from it, in a day or so you'll be good

best of luck to you, hope you're doing alright

Thank you so much for the kind words. It's always nice to have some reassurance after a rough binge day. Thanks for your kindness :)

#4 polarbeariana

polarbeariana

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6142 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:59 AM

Apparently it's supposed to but I hardly do. It just makes me feel worse and more full. Try not to worry about it though(: we all have those slip ups and bad days but it'll hardly make any difference at all. Like the op said, the weight gain should just be temporary, think of it as a metabolism boost and a day your body received nutrients <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Height~5'6Hw***130Lw***95Ugw***85[font='comic sans ms'][color=rgb(255,51,255)][b]

#5 zqz

zqz

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:15 AM

Im sorry you had a binge day! I hope youre doing okay

I like to drink alot of water after i binge (when i dont purge). Although it may be uncomfortable, it will help with the water retention. I personally feel better the next day, the more water i drink. i feel like it helps the food move faster and i always take a bunch of laxatives so it helps them work better too.

Take care! :-)
  • stayafloat likes this

#6 stayafloat

stayafloat

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:31 AM

Apparently it's supposed to but I hardly do. It just makes me feel worse and more full. Try not to worry about it though(: we all have those slip ups and bad days but it'll hardly make any difference at all. Like the op said, the weight gain should just be temporary, think of it as a metabolism boost and a day your body received nutrients <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! You're right, I'll think of it as a metabolism boost day :)

#7 stayafloat

stayafloat

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:32 AM

Im sorry you had a binge day! I hope youre doing okay

I like to drink alot of water after i binge (when i dont purge). Although it may be uncomfortable, it will help with the water retention. I personally feel better the next day, the more water i drink. i feel like it helps the food move faster and i always take a bunch of laxatives so it helps them work better too.

Take care! :-)

Yeah I feel like it will help the food move faster, that's a good point. Thanks for your reply :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users