the gratitude thread - Page 2 - Age 30+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

the gratitude thread

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#21 Boy w/the dragon tattoo

Boy w/the dragon tattoo

Resident Crazy Cat Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11694 posts
  • LocationPaper St.

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:08 PM

I'm grateful for you guys. You're here to hear the things I can't say anywhere else.

I got u. 💘

#22 Guest_Dewonderland_*

Guest_Dewonderland_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:16 PM

I am grateful that my dogs still love me unconditionally, despite the times I am almost catatonic in my depression, unable to get up off the couch, unable to get dressed and go outside and walk them properly, or give them the love and attention they deserve.  But they are always there waiting for me to come out my dark moods, and are always forgiving, despite how shitty and inattentive I am when I'm at my lowest.  When I need a cuddle, they are there. I don't deserve their love.  But they love me anyway.

I feel like I really can't wait yo have one much more longer.
But not in my current place anyway... And I wouldn't be able to take care of them the way they deserve I am sure

#23 Boy w/the dragon tattoo

Boy w/the dragon tattoo

Resident Crazy Cat Lady

• Members
  • 11694 posts
  • LocationPaper St.

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:56 PM

I am grateful for myamazing friends who help me make the decidions after bad shit haloens to help myself.
  • rainbow brite and precariousbalance like this

#24 Guest_cedar_*

Guest_cedar_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:36 PM

I'm grateful for my cat, for my WONDERFUL relationship I had with my grandmother, may she be lying in the grass with my grandfather in the place beyond. She was my best friend. I'm grateful for my awesome Mother (even though she drives me bananas sometimes, but she really does understand me). I'm thankful I got 5 good years of memories and road trips out of my ass hole father who has abandoned me (I've decided to be thankful for the happy memories I have from him instead of loath him and curse his name for all eternity lol). I'm grateful for my wonderful husband and my thoughtful mother in law. I'm grateful for Halloween and all the joy it brings me. I'm grateful for art, music and decent teeth. I'm thankful I have talents and am in a trade. I'm grateful to have a positive demeanour and for my mother always telling me "there's always a positive in a negative" which helped me get through some shitty situations. I"m thankful I grew up with plentiful christmas's and birthday parties and fireworks and holidays to the beach. 

• Kiwka and rainbow brite like this

#25 Guest_Dewonderland_*

Guest_Dewonderland_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:09 AM

Greatly grateful for this place too.
It will sound .... Pathetic but I spend so much time working or tuning away also that my social life is ... Zero. So it sounds very and scarily nerdy but here is were I have a place to talk about other things and things I can not tell anyone.

It a sad lonely life. (。-_-。)

So yep, sorry but that nerdy asocial me like this place to feel I am still connected to some people who are not coworkers or city hall, shops or post office employees....

(>.<)
  • rainbow brite and TacoriGirl like this

#26 Guest_Dewonderland_*

Guest_Dewonderland_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:13 AM

I'm grateful for my horse.
These days she is my best friend, my therapist and my distraction from everything that is shitty in my life.

When I am with her, I can forget everything else. Training her is something I'm actually good at, and it gives me an enormous sense of accomplishment. And she never judges or criticizes me.

What horse he is ???
You have a picture ???

Horse are very soft animals.
Huge and peaceful but proud.
I think they have, maybe even more than dog (?) that ability to read feelings.
Always had this impression.
Don't you ?

#27 Ophicrave

Ophicrave

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationEurope-IT

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:49 AM

my sister because even if she only suspects is always supportive and present even if we live parted and far from each other. We are like twins in the movies, we always think of each other and try to be always together. We really love each other. She always tries to cheer me up.

my fiancè because these years at university would have probably ended really really badly and it's thank to him that I'm alive and that a decided to finish my studies after the hiatus, really supportive, super positive attitude and kind. I feel guilty about not sharing with him this part of me but he wouldn't approve it at all even if I think he suspects too.

my mice Mino and Pino, sadly they were two brothers but a month ago Pino died and I was really sad. Both helps me going through the day and caring about a creature helps me a lot and Mino is supersweet. Both present of my bf (I already said is supportive and kind?) .

• rainbow brite likes this

Hello, I'm sorry if something I write sounds strange but english is not my motherlanguage. Make me notice it if you can, I'll correct the mistake.

LW: 53 KG (117 lbs)(2007/2009/2020)

HW: 77 KG (170 lbs) (2005, 2015,2019)

SW: 75KG (160.9 lbs) (02/2020)

CW: check accountability

GW: 70-65-60- 55- 53- 50 KG

UGW: 49 KG (hope to reach it ASAP)

#28 Marleymoo

Marleymoo

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:50 AM

I'm grateful to my brother, he is a massive support to me, he listens without interruption, offers sage advice when I ask, has tried numerous times and ways to help me get over this but without judgement and all this when he is taking on the majority workload of caring for my terminally ill mum.

Also my cat Marley, even on my darkest days she is just there, purring away and giving unconditional love.
Height 164cm
Cw 40.kg
Lw 37.9 kg
Gw 40 kg
Now what? 39kg? 38kg?

#29 rainbow brite

rainbow brite

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4827 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 March 2016 - 01:02 PM

Greatly grateful for this place too.
It will sound .... Pathetic but I spend so much time working or tuning away also that my social life is ... Zero. So it sounds very and scarily nerdy but here is were I have a place to talk about other things and things I can not tell anyone.

It a sad lonely life. (。 -_-。)

So yep, sorry but that nerdy asocial me like this place to feel I am still connected to some people who are not coworkers or city hall, shops or post office employees....

(>.<)

I know what you mean.

We can be lonely nerds together.

#30 Myrmica

Myrmica

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationThe other side of the Wall

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:12 PM

What horse he is ???
You have a picture ???

Horse are very soft animals.
Huge and peaceful but proud.
I think they have, maybe even more than dog (?) that ability to read feelings.
Always had this impression.
Don't you ?

She's a Haflinger. 

I don't know about reading feelings, but horses are awesome at reading body language. 

If I feel bad/frustrated/irritated one day, she's gonna pick up on it at once, and we can just give up on getting any productive training that day. So whenever I go to the stable, I have to leave those kind of emotions at the door, and consentrate on being in balance. I'm doing it for her, and it helps me. 

Attached Files

• boredthin and rainbow brite like this

#31 Guest_Dewonderland_*

Guest_Dewonderland_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:05 PM

She's a Haflinger. 
I don't know about reading feelings, but horses are awesome at reading body language. 
If I feel bad/frustrated/irritated one day, she's gonna pick up on it at once, and we can just give up on getting any productive training that day. So whenever I go to the stable, I have to leave those kind of emotions at the door, and consentrate on being in balance. I'm doing it for her, and it helps me.

Whaaaa !!!

Thanks for the picture !
She's beautiful !!!!

At what age did you had her ?
And how old is she now ?
She looks like a nice horse ? Has she a capricious temper ?

#32 precariousbalance

precariousbalance

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Locationthe frozen tundra

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:25 PM

She's a Haflinger. 

You sound like you might ride dressage? I sold my last horse in 2009, but competed into 2nd level (we had just started 2nd level our final show season). I remember needing to "check my baggage at the barn door" or the consequence would be a tense, unhappy horse with no swing or throughness. I had a super hot TB gelding who would practice his acrobatic moves when his back got tight! 

Your mare is beautiful and I'm glad she helps you find balance. <3 Horses <3

#33 II_

II_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 10:37 PM

Love this thread idea! <3

right now, I am grateful for a very special person in my heart. They're a bit stupid and selfish but so many years has passed, and despite their dysfunction, they have made it a point to let me know that I am very special to them. and while this person isn't exactly the person I wish they were for me, I am happy that we have finally reached a point where we are actually getting along.

I'm also grateful for the guy I'm seeing right now. I'm nervous it won't last and a part of me knows that I don't want it to last. I just don't want it to end messy. I just want it to be an amicable thing. I wish we were more casual but for the reasons that be, I'm more invested and so it is for now. I really needed this person right when they appeared.

I'm grateful for the internet. I have no idea where I would be without the support when I needed it. It's there for when I need to reach out.

#34 Guest_Dewonderland_*

Guest_Dewonderland_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:31 AM

I LOVE YOU BUDDIES !!!

(I was about to say girls because as far as I know we are only girls here but I might get it wrong or some girls might not feel girly enough to be called girl)

But .... I LOVE YOU BUDDIES !

GUYS YOU ARE GREAT AND AWESOME ! ! !

DOn't give up !!!!

(I had some courage today I wanted to share it here ... since I've been taken so much from this very same place)

• Boy w/the dragon tattoo and rainbow brite like this

#35 Boy w/the dragon tattoo

Boy w/the dragon tattoo

Resident Crazy Cat Lady

• Members
  • 11694 posts
  • LocationPaper St.

Posted 19 March 2016 - 08:41 AM

Attached File  image.jpeg   111.53KB   3 downloads

Grateful for this perfect baby watching out for me.
  • Kiwka, boredthin and rainbow brite like this

#36 rainbow brite

rainbow brite

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4827 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:58 AM

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Grateful for this perfect baby watching out for me.

I'm grateful you have her too.

#37 rainbow brite

rainbow brite

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4827 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 March 2016 - 01:44 PM

I'm grateful to see people posting in this thread.

I know I said it before, but I'm grateful for all the lovely people here.  I'm grateful, no matter how seemingly hopeless and desperate things get, that we don't give up on each other.

I'm also grateful for the cherry blossoms because they're pretty.  There's a tree outside my window that's just starting to bloom.

• Willow998 likes this

#38 precariousbalance

precariousbalance

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Locationthe frozen tundra

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:16 PM

I'm grateful for the buds setting on the trees, and the little green bits poking through the earth. I can't wait to get out in my garden again. Gardening teaches me patience. 

I'm grateful for my funny little dogs, who don't care what size I am, and lick my face even when I'm a little crazy. 

I'm grateful for dry shampoo. (Self-explanatory.)

• rainbow brite and Willow998 like this

#39 Willow998

Willow998

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:13 PM

This is the only place I can be completely honest about what I'm struggling with. I'm so grateful for you guys.

#40 Willow998

Willow998

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:14 PM

I'm grateful for the buds setting on the trees, and the little green bits poking through the earth. I can't wait to get out in my garden again. Gardening teaches me patience.

I'm grateful for my funny little dogs, who don't care what size I am, and lick my face even when I'm a little crazy.

I'm grateful for dry shampoo. (Self-explanatory.)

I love dry shampoo!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users