the gratitude thread - Page 3 - Age 30+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

the gratitude thread

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#41 rainbow brite

rainbow brite

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4827 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:30 PM

I've never heard of dry shampoo, had to look it up.  I'm intrigued.... Does it work if your hair is oily and full of styling product from the previous day? 

#42 precariousbalance

precariousbalance

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Locationthe frozen tundra

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:49 PM

I've never heard of dry shampoo, had to look it up.  I'm intrigued.... Does it work if your hair is oily and full of styling product from the previous day

My hair is really fine and limp. I wash and wear down the first day, then the second day I braid the front section and wear back in a ponytail, then the third day I need dry shampoo and a topknot, then the fourth day I need a bit more dry shampoo but I can do pretty much any updo in the universe with minimal styling product and it stays like magic. I don't really do much styling product so I'm not sure how it would be with multiple days of product. Dry shampoo is the cure for oily. It feels SO DIRTY though, so I definitely don't want to wear my hair down with dry shampoo!

#43 rainbow brite

rainbow brite

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4827 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 March 2016 - 12:07 AM

My hair is really fine and limp. I wash and wear down the first day, then the second day I braid the front section and wear back in a ponytail, then the third day I need dry shampoo and a topknot, then the fourth day I need a bit more dry shampoo but I can do pretty much any updo in the universe with minimal styling product and it stays like magic. I don't really do much styling product so I'm not sure how it would be with multiple days of product. Dry shampoo is the cure for oily. It feels SO DIRTY though, so I definitely don't want to wear my hair down with dry shampoo!

Probably won't work for me.  My hair is short and requires a styling product everyday, and gets quite oily, needing to be washed frequently.  It sounds like an interesting product though, but probably not for everyone.

#44 precariousbalance

precariousbalance

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:13 AM

Probably won't work for me.  My hair is short and requires a styling product everyday, and gets quite oily, needing to be washed frequently.  It sounds like an interesting product though, but probably not for everyone.

At the place where I buy my hair supplies, I can try something out and if I don't like it, I can return it. Maybe there's somewhere like that near you? Then you could give it a shot and see what you think!

• rainbow brite likes this

#45 Willow998

Willow998

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 22 March 2016 - 10:23 AM

Ya I agree it can feel kinda dirty- but my hair looks its best with the stuff in. I remember when I was a kid watching beauty pageant contestants being interviewed (ok don't laugh). Anyway, they said they all do the dirty hair thing for the final show haha.
  • precariousbalance likes this

#46 Guest_Dewonderland_*

Guest_Dewonderland_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:17 PM

Those rollercoaster feelings are a bit exhausting.

Despite 2 days half great and half shit (roller coaster) I woke up with hope.

At some point I wonder if it's not pure stupidity ?

A GOOD MORNING !!!!
To everyone here !

I know I couldn't go through all the days without this little safe-zone.
  • numbersgame, rainbow brite, IJustWannaFly and 1 other like this

#47 rainbow brite

rainbow brite

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4827 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:16 PM

I'm grateful for pretty spring things

Attached Files

• numbersgame, IJustWannaFly, precariousbalance and 1 other like this

#48 pogo

pogo

Omniscient

• Members
  • 9417 posts
  • Locationplanet earth

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:21 PM

*26 yr old creeps in*

God, my hubby, my job, kitties, and Mpa

*Tiptoes back out *
  • rainbow brite, precariousbalance and JoJoB like this

#49 rainbow brite

rainbow brite

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4827 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:40 PM

*26 yr old creeps in*

God, my hubby, my job, kitties, and Mpa

*Tiptoes back out *

You are welcome to hang around here if you like
:)

• pogo and precariousbalance like this

#50 Boy w/the dragon tattoo

Boy w/the dragon tattoo

Resident Crazy Cat Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11694 posts
  • LocationPaper St.

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:23 PM

my tattooer who is so accepting of me and my weirdness and my sh and sold me an amazeballs painting for a good price. and was like WHO WANTS IT when the front desk/piercer was like "SOMEONE WANTA BUY THE WHALE!" because she was holding it for me. that shit is cool. people aren't usually nice to me.

• rainbow brite and precariousbalance like this

#51 rainbow brite

rainbow brite

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4827 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 April 2016 - 11:04 PM

I went for a walk, and had a $50 in my pocket, didn't realize until halfway to my destination that it was missing.  I panicked, dissociated, went crazy, thought I was crazy.  I turned back to home, and pulled apart everything, thinking I just forgot to put it in my pocket in the first place, being the forgetful person I am.  But nope, it was gone.  Defeatedly, I put more money in my pocket (more securely this time), and went out again.  And in the alley behind my apartment, there it was, the $50 bill, bright red and exposed, must have been sitting there for at least 30 minutes, along the route where binners come, or anyone really, who could resist?  Either nobody saw it, or they did and just left it there.  There's a lot of foot traffic in the area.  But it was there, and I'm so grateful.

• Boy w/the dragon tattoo, ummmisa, precariousbalance and 1 other like this

#52 ummmisa

ummmisa

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:03 AM

I'm grateful I was able to leave the windows open and have fresh air all night w/o freezing. I slept better than I have in weeks. :-)

-Isa

#53 Guest_monster59_*

Guest_monster59_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2016 - 03:30 PM

Grateful for my dogs. Truly. There are some days they are the only reason I don't run away or lose my mind. Grateful for my job. It's not what I want to do forever but it's a pretty damn good job and I am so thankful for the things it provides me. Grateful for my fiance. We've been through some crazy stuff in the past almost-8 years, and he's struggling with some stuff right now that is making both our lives very hard... but he has always come through. He loves me more than I thought a person can love another person, and he is my rock. 

#54 miro

miro

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Location🇹🇷

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:24 AM

I'm grateful for my husband of 13 years. I'm grateful that despite all the awful things I've put my body through I somehow don't look a lot worse at 33. I'm grateful to have a house to live in. I'm grateful for my dogs. I'm grateful for soy milk, I don't care if it's bad almond milk is trash. I'm grateful for Netflix and Dramafever. I'm grateful for good plumbing because I love to wad up toilet paper;-p

trying my best 

5'8"

#55 numbersgame

numbersgame

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:33 PM

I'm grateful for a flexible work schedule and for the fact that I got to sleep in today.

5'4"

CW: 82 lbs  :mellow:

LW: 77

Current GW: 73

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“What goes on inside is just too fast and huge and all interconnected for words to do more than barely sketch the outlines of at most one tiny little part of it at any given instant.” Good Old Neon ~ David Foster Wallace

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jai guru dev, T. Jai guru dev. Namaste, om shanti.

#56 Boy w/the dragon tattoo

Boy w/the dragon tattoo

Resident Crazy Cat Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11694 posts
  • LocationPaper St.

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:27 PM

I'm grateful for the user 'I used to be me'.

#57 BlackHeartedKitten

BlackHeartedKitten

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationMaryland, US

Posted 10 April 2016 - 08:53 AM

I'm grateful for canceled plans. Is that terrible?

*meow*

#58 precariousbalance

precariousbalance

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:28 AM

I'm grateful for canceled plans. Is that terrible?

If it's terrible, then I'm terrible too. When plans that involve a restaurant or food that someone else has made are canceled, I'm usually glad.

• BlackHeartedKitten likes this

#59 IJustWannaFly

IJustWannaFly

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Locationeast of where snow falls on cedars and rain on evergreens

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:24 PM

Today I am thankful for you guys and a place to turn with stuff I don't dare tell anyone else.  And for the good advice you give on a fairly regular basis.  <3

• BlackHeartedKitten likes this

Always hard to believe in your own life, easier to find belief for a friend. You hope for me, me for you,

and together we can say, it'll be okay.  It'll be alright.  

Everything I want to be, I am, only buried under a layer of fat.....  If I say it enough, I'll believe it, right?  

5'7.75", 195.4 lbs.  HW-200.8, LW-138, GW1-168, GW2-138, GW3-120, GW4? 

#60 Guest_Dewonderland_*

Guest_Dewonderland_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:28 AM

I am thankful for this place.

Yet again.

Being crazy and weird is lonely ... We might be the sick creeps but also despite everything people here are do warmly understanding humans. More human than more of the "normal" people.

I like the relief of just being able to be the creep I am and only getting love in return.

Thank you ... You all the great humans here ♡

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users