TW. Most triggering thing someone has accidentally told you. - Page 136 - Starting at a higher BMI - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

TW. Most triggering thing someone has accidentally told you.

• Please log in to reply
2729 replies to this topic

#2701 Snowiee

Snowiee

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 04:15 AM

So I met this guy recently after breaking up with my long-term boyfriend not that long ago. Everything's going great, he's nice, very respectful, we're having fun. We go to a bar, have some drinks, then decide to go to his place for some wine. We're already quite tipsy, so we somehow get to talking about types. Do we like blondes, or tall people, or freckles, you know, usual stuff.

Aaand then he decides to tell me he's very into short (which im not), blonde (which im also not), long-haired (nope), very skinny (noope) girls, and that I'm too 'round' for his tastes, but! I have a 'great personality' and I'm 'very fun to be around with' and have a 'very cute face:)))'

Oh yeah, that really does it, my guy. Definitely a winner

#2702 MultitudesOfStars

MultitudesOfStars

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 August 2021 - 06:09 AM

So I met this guy recently after breaking up with my long-term boyfriend not that long ago. Everything's going great, he's nice, very respectful, we're having fun. We go to a bar, have some drinks, then decide to go to his place for some wine. We're already quite tipsy, so we somehow get to talking about types. Do we like blondes, or tall people, or freckles, you know, usual stuff.

Aaand then he decides to tell me he's very into short (which im not), blonde (which im also not), long-haired (nope), very skinny (noope) girls, and that I'm too 'round' for his tastes, but! I have a 'great personality' and I'm 'very fun to be around with' and have a 'very cute face:)))'

Oh yeah, that really does it, my guy. Definitely a winner

I feel like he was negging you on purpose… asshole
  • Skyward likes this

Heavier than I’ve ever been and hating life ✌🏻

26 // She/Her // AUS

#2703 Snowiee

Snowiee

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 06:27 AM

I feel like he was negging you on purpose… asshole

A few people told me not to worry, that it's fine since he told me he still likes me, but man, there were sirens and red flags going off in my brain at the time. Dude had the gall to try and bed me right after ughh
I get that he's very inexperienced, but still, common sense.

And for anyone else reading this, moral of the story is that if they don't treat and see you as a literal masterpiece, they're not worth your time lmao
  • MultitudesOfStars and ultrafit like this

#2704 MultitudesOfStars

MultitudesOfStars

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 August 2021 - 06:37 AM

And for anyone else reading this, moral of the story is that if they don't treat and see you as a literal masterpiece, they're not worth your time lmao

Amen to that!
  • Snowiee likes this

Heavier than I’ve ever been and hating life ✌🏻

26 // She/Her // AUS

#2705 meihua

meihua

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 05:07 PM

My mother recently wanted to "check me for lipedema" because she noticed that the "lower half of my body was so much bigger than the upper half" and "even when you were skinny you had huge legs"

#2706 kaicore

kaicore

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 10:11 PM

I used to ride a cafe racer (see image for reference) and someone said to me "Are you sure the bike can handle you?"

and i sold the bike a week afterwardcx500-cafe-racer-1-1024x683.jpgs lmfao 

HEIGHT: 169CM

SW: 80 kg

CW:?

GW: 65kg
UGW:50KG

ACCOUNTABILITY

80 79 78 77 76 75 74 73 72 71 70 

69 68 67 66 65 64 63 62 61 60

59 58 57 56 55 54 53 52 51 50

len-kagamine.gif

#2707 Duplo

Duplo

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3302 posts
  • LocationGeordieland, UK

Posted 20 September 2021 - 04:29 AM

"Are you pregnant again?" - My mother.

It was just pms bloat.

• Guest7600 likes this
Height: 5ft (short AF)
CW: Denial (fat AF)

heart-arrow-pixel.gifMy Adventures with High Restriction - Daily Fatty Photos - drop by and give me some mojo! cat-pixel.gif

813befeb7661a56e94fa9627fbf5c144.gif

tiny-pinterest-logo.png http://pinterest.co.uk/PusheenLovesLife

#2708 bonesandamethysts

bonesandamethysts

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Locationisolating myself, or wishing I could do so

Posted 21 September 2021 - 03:43 AM

“People eat for the wrong reasons” my therapist who has no clue about eds
Ofc I took it as “there is no reason you should eat because no reason is good enough” and have been crying on the inside several times a day since Friday

Highest BMI: ~42, “Obese class III”
Lowest BMI: 15.something (stopped weighing), “Severely underweight”
[went from highest to lowest in ~14 months][it fucked me up rlly bad][0/1000 don’t recommend]
Constantly not good enough
Also have ocd, bpd and depression (all dxed)

#2709 fαye

fαye

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 04:29 AM

just triggering things I guess 

My grandma said I should get breast reduction to look normal like other girls 

same grandma that called me a disgusting skeleton at my lw 

my mom thinking the dress I wanted for graduation was too skinny for me

a guy I was chatting with was rude asf until I changed my profile pic at my lw THEN he acted nice lol. 

pedophile abuser telling me he was worried for me and that I should lose weight 

online friends secretly talking about how I look like a beached whale. I saw the screenshots. 

guy I was chatting to compared me to a literal model and said yeah you look nothing like her 

Online friend compared me to my morbidly obese friend when she saw my selfie and asked if we were related

how my online friends acted negatively different after a face reveal from me 

every male bully from my hw in school since a young age dm’d me after my major weight loss saying sorry for calling you fat 

my sister calling me chubby at age 10 for eating once extra slice of cake

my skinny teacher talking about her anorexia recovery 

my other skinny teacher being concerned for me at my lw <3 

waitresses telling me, not my sister next to me, how beautiful I am at my lw 

bf calling me thicc lol

bf looking at skinny dainty girls and saying oooh you should take a photo like that. Babe Uh I’m fat and I don’t have that core strength.

height: 5’1 / 155 cm

hw: 245 / 111.1 kg

cw: 206.6 / 93.7 kg

lw: 112 / 50.8 kg

ugw: 85 / 38.5 kg

accountability~

JMmTRSn.gif

#2710 ultrafit

ultrafit

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 05:02 AM

"Are you pregnant again?" - My mother.

It was just pms bloat.

Omg wtf. I remember when I had just given birth to my 2nd child and in the hospital my mother comes in the room and first thing out of her mouth is, "Why is your stomach still so huge? Looks like you never gave birth." Then she proceeds to tell me (for the 100th time) how her stomach was completely flat after giving birth to me and that she didn't show until month 7 and she has no stretch marks. As if her chain smoking and not eating during pregnancy is something to be proud of. :rolleyes:  

#2711 ultrafit

ultrafit

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 05:06 AM

“People eat for the wrong reasons” my therapist who has no clue about eds
Ofc I took it as “there is no reason you should eat because no reason is good enough” and have been crying on the inside several times a day since Friday

I'm so sorry your therapist said that. Please bring this up next time you two meet. You deserve not to feel like this. Sending good vibes and big hugs!!

#2712 Duplo

Duplo

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3302 posts
  • LocationGeordieland, UK

Posted 21 September 2021 - 05:07 AM

Omg wtf. I remember when I had just given birth to my 2nd child and in the hospital my mother comes in the room and first thing out of her mouth is, "Why is your stomach still so huge? Looks like you never gave birth." Then she proceeds to tell me (for the 100th time) how her stomach was completely flat after giving birth to me and that she didn't show until month 7 and she has no stretch marks. As if her chain smoking and not eating during pregnancy is something to be proud of. :rolleyes:  

Our mothers are morons. Presumably your mother has given birth so knows it takes around 6 WEEKS for the uterus to shrink. ffs

• Celine likes this
Height: 5ft (short AF)
CW: Denial (fat AF)

heart-arrow-pixel.gifMy Adventures with High Restriction - Daily Fatty Photos - drop by and give me some mojo! cat-pixel.gif

813befeb7661a56e94fa9627fbf5c144.gif

tiny-pinterest-logo.png http://pinterest.co.uk/PusheenLovesLife

#2713 honeylungs

honeylungs

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationSouth Beach

Posted 21 September 2021 - 01:10 PM

"Did you get weight loss surgery and not tell anyone? You're disappearing in front of my eyes!" is probably pretty up there in terms of recent things said to me. Especially because I don't think I would have been a qualifying candidate for it even at my highest weight. 

• Guest7600 likes this

🌞

amanda // 34 // south beach

6'ft 

cw- 177.6 [10/18/21]

hw- 267 [2/2021 - highest ever 😩]

st gw- 160 [20lbs to go!]

gw- 130

🦋 

#2714 beast_of_burden

beast_of_burden

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 03:21 PM

I was in an outpatient program for recovery, and my mum was discussing her overweight friends but said "it's not like you eat bagels everyday that is why they are fat" specifically when I was challenging them every day as a fear food.

Another time (also in attempted recovery) my husband made a special meal and insisted I eat it all because he was worried about me, and then his mother said "wow, you didn't even leave him a bite??"

#2715 Sashimi4

Sashimi4

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 September 2021 - 05:36 PM

‘I’m sorry I just don’t see you as being skinny… I’m just not seeing it’ … I’m at BMI 22 soooo now I have to try for 19. I’m down from 26

#2716 Imtryingtomakeit15

Imtryingtomakeit15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationTevyat

Posted 27 September 2021 - 05:29 AM

When i eat anything for the first time in days and my parents tell me "oh, you should stop"
  • journeyTo100 likes this

🌈Tar-Tar-Tartaglia👋

Lover❤️of🤾Snezhnayan🌟queen🌸

there🥰was🔥a🌝cat🐈

that🐸really👑was✨goneee🌈

ExpLMOe.gif

#2717 IceIce

IceIce

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 06:19 AM

My stepdad who told me that I did a good job losing weight after I told him I had bulimia.

Not right away but the day after.

My mom told me not to buy some pant when I was 12 because my stomach was to big.

#2718 clownery

clownery

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 08:41 AM

my cousins telling me i don't look different after i dieted for a few weeks on like 300-900 cals a day </3

#2719 fuckedinthehead

fuckedinthehead

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 01:02 PM

my best friend telling me she'd lie if she said i was skinny. i mean it's true lol, but man that hurt so mucht (it still does lol and it's so triggering because now i absolutely need to get skinner than her and prove her i'm not fat. i still have a long way to go tho because she's like bmi 16-17) . also, she could've just said i'm fat lol because that's the exact same thing 

hw: 78,7 kg (bmi 29.6)

cw: 72,8 kg (bmi 27.4)

lw: 58,8 kg (bmi 22.1)

ugw: 35,0 kg (bmi 13.2)

#2720 glitterguts

glitterguts

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 27 September 2021 - 04:17 PM

updating again after my boyfriends mother was talking about one of my close friends only getting prettier with age.

Also idk if I said this already but she once talked about how it must be hard being a big girl at my university. ouch. 

She is the sweetest lady ever, she means no harm, its just the implications. I am not pretty and I am large lol. 

Grey ❤

dcdcpzc-11c29334-fbf1-4ca7-81d0-fef52f32

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users