TW. Most triggering thing someone has accidentally told you. - Page 3 - Starting at a higher BMI - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

TW. Most triggering thing someone has accidentally told you.

• Please log in to reply
2729 replies to this topic

#41 Whaling_around

Whaling_around

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:15 AM

My much heavier friend asked if she could borrow one of my dresses for a night out. We used to weigh in together at slimming world and I was 145lbs at the time (5'2 in height) and she was 270lbs (5'4). I know it was her who was being delusional but it still just had me sitting there like fuck... are we the same size? 

My brain knows we aren't but I still get that sinking feeling that to the outside world we may look the same.

• Alice_in_Chains, evilletwin, RomanDeLaRose and 11 others like this

The Fat Scottish Bulimic 

Currently failing to stop purging...

#42 leia organa

leia organa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 03 March 2016 - 02:53 PM

"Oh, your house burned down? Oh, that's no big deal! I accidentally caught a curtain on fire once too." - her, probably.

That's such an ignorant thing to say to someone. Does she even know what daily purging does to your body after enough time??

omfg literally, that'd be her hahaha.

??? really though. i dont think she does, tbh. it was years ago and we were pretty young but still, it was quite ignorant lmao
  • chainless, cheyr97, Leroux08 and 2 others like this

☼ bonnie ☼

tall, angry & ginger.

you see these arms? *flexes* wii sports resort.

#43 fairybaby

fairybaby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 02:56 PM

Dad: just don't eat anymore.

• Ruach, evilletwin, fat-af and 6 others like this

°•.☆.•° fairybaby °•.☆.•°

#44 JimmysNovacaine

JimmysNovacaine

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:10 PM

"could be worse, you could be 200 lbs like me" I come in at way more than that buddy.

• Euie, Lipophobic Substance, FitFlower and 2 others like this

~~StJimmy

tumblr_nxt1ptUEBs1ujizedo1_500.gif

tumblr_ms3r61QKHT1sfzmdbo1_500.gif

ZPfS.png

Stats:

Spoiler

Accountability

#45 JimmysNovacaine

JimmysNovacaine

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:17 PM

Oh, and another one:

After explaining to my mum that I don't like going out in case I'm assaulted (Months after I was assaulted): Well they'd have a harder job of it now that you're a little bigger.

What I heard: You're fat now so no one would want you anyway.

• DreamFilled, dovetears, NoAngel and 20 others like this

~~StJimmy

tumblr_nxt1ptUEBs1ujizedo1_500.gif

tumblr_ms3r61QKHT1sfzmdbo1_500.gif

ZPfS.png

Stats:

Spoiler

Accountability

#46 Kanax

Kanax

Advanced Sage

• Supporter
  • 2348 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:18 PM

"Maybe if you slump your shoulders you would look less intimidating. Big people look intimidating, maybe that's why your boss doesn't like you".

"You aren't fat honey, you just look like Jennifer Lopez with a little extra weight"

"NO you look healthy now. You were too skinny before"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  • Euie, Kat15 and slimxshady like this

What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?

-Paarthurnax-

2210a7623f9eda85b3c8914e28e0faa2.jpg

#47 AutumnPossum

AutumnPossum

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:21 PM

I know I already posted but this happened today:
Husband: "Here let me button your shirt your cleavage is showing" (ugh I know right)
Me: "I don't care. But maybe when I lose all this weight I won't have any boobs any more."
Him: "No, you'll still have them, you'll just look so sexy" (then realizes) "BUT YOU LOOK SEXY NOW, YOU ALWAYS WILL LOOK SEXY" yup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • CopingWithMyAbyss, Euie, fat-af and 11 others like this
SW: 200
CW: fat
UGW: 108

lyfe suks.

#48 Guest_BellaLuna9898_*

Guest_BellaLuna9898_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:12 PM

I was having coffee a couple of years ago with a friend (who is also obese). I was feeling positive after losing almost 100lb and she says (looking at some slim girls in the cafe) "Wouldn't it be lovely to look like them instead of like us 2 whales. We try and try but never lose weight do we?!"
It upset me because firstly she called me a whale and secondly she didn't acknowledge the massive amount of weight I'd lost. I know she was trying to come across in a United, solidarity front but all I heard was 'whale who hasn't lost any weight'.

Pure jealousy
  • B1polarB1tch and LampLighter like this

#49 winterboy

winterboy

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 03 March 2016 - 09:16 PM

About a year ago I told my mum that the thought of eating had been giving me anxiety and panic attacks, and her response was, "well, at least it's not like there's any risk of you not eating", which I took as more like, "you eat too much anyway and you should stop".
Especially since that's exactly the problem I was having, so I don't know why she even said that. -_-

Sent from my RAINBOW JAM using Tapatalk
  • Kat15, Lipophobic Substance, LivingDoll and 1 other like this
Height: 5'3.5"

CW: 147lbs (the scale I'd been using was, in fact, wrong, and showed me as around 20lbs lighter than I really was, but the one I'm using now is accurate)

HW: 180lbs

GW1: 160lbs
GW2: 145lbs
GW3: 130lbs
GW4: 115lbs
GW5: 100lbs
UGW: 90lbs

Spoiler

Diagnoses: Autism Spectrum Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Gender Dysphoria, depression
Not officially diagnosed: Disordered eating, drug problem(s)

(main) Tumblr
(ED/thinspo etc) Tumblr

MyFitnessPal
Pinterest

#50 hellounicornn

hellounicornn

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:21 AM

My ex best friend asked me if I was gonna get a tummy tuck out of the blue. I was 20 pounds lighter than I am now too. I wonder what she'd say if she saw me now..

GWs: 185 174 165 153 142 133

UGW: 125

#51 psychopirate

psychopirate

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1317 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 02:05 AM

I know I already posted but this happened today:
Husband: "Here let me button your shirt your cleavage is showing" (ugh I know right)
Me: "I don't care. But maybe when I lose all this weight I won't have any boobs any more."
Him: "No, you'll still have them, you'll just look so sexy" (then realizes) "BUT YOU LOOK SEXY NOW, YOU ALWAYS WILL LOOK SEXY" yup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My boyfriend always makes comments like this but backwards. He'll say things like "your boobs looked better when I met you" I was 20 lbs heavier then. Or like today he smacks my butt and says it'll make it bigger. Then tries to recover with "but I love you no matter how you look" it hurts my feelings a lot. Like is love conditional? I literally pay no attention to his weight yet he has a very strong opinion on mine. I don't tell him you looked better when we met aka 25 lbs lighter. Do men not have brains or are they honestly so shallow sometimes they forget to hide it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
  • dovetears, ZeldaDanielle, RiksyPhat and 18 others like this

tumblr_inline_nit6eccWOL1rhwzwl.pngtumblr_inline_nit6ejywBL1rhwzwl.pngtumblr_inline_nit6euJZea1rhwzwl.pngtumblr_inline_nit6f2q8XV1rhwzwl.pngtumblr_inline_nit6fbmigp1rhwzwl.png

tumblr_ojtrkiQeVo1w1o0ono1_400.gif

#52 ChiaroHearts

ChiaroHearts

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:13 AM

I was at a new year gathering recently and there was this relative I haven't seen in a while and while I wasn't looking at her, she turned to my mum and puffed her cheeks and arms out gesturing to me. Like she is trying to tell my mum I am fat like wth! Talking behind my back like that is... I immediately rolled my eyes and left.

Plus another relative came and asked my mum why her 2 daughters (me and my sister) are 2 very different sizes. That hurt so much (my sister is healthy but slightly underweight)

Worst new year ever
  • Daintyqueen, Little Faye, Euie and 5 others like this
x
Chiaro

~To be Ballerina Thin~

#53 bmbl_bee

bmbl_bee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:52 AM

My boyfriend is constantly talking about how fat he is and how gross he is and how we are going to start working out and eating healthy because he is so fat.

I'm over 100 lbs heavier than him. If he's so fat, then what kind of monster am I?

Same here, and I told him it makes me feel like shit, and then he makes me feel worse for saying that to him by saying stuff like "am I not allowed to have any feelings?". I mean, I'm overweight (was obese until recently) and he is like 12% bf, all muscle. I understand that you can feel dissatisfied at any weight and he has some fat on his hips that bothers him, I get that. But I'm fat for real, it's not really the same thing. :(

When I was younger I had a lot of people tell me shit, and then I was like BMI 24-25 and had a lot of muscle, I wasn't fat then. But I believed growing up that I was overweight 'cause so many people told me shit like that all the time.

"You're a little chubby, like XX" - my friend when we were like 12. I didn't think the girl she was comparing me to was chubby, I just heard her calling me fat

"...because your family is bigger" - don't remember the context, but I just heard her call my family fat. thinking back I'm not completely sure that she actually meant that we were fatter, which is what I heard then, 'cause where all tall and big built (broad shoulders, wide hips, etc).

"What do you have here?!" - my dad grabbing my love handles. He's done this multiple times when I was a teenager even though I once threw a tantrum and screamed that he was an idiot and "do you want me to get an ED?!"

"you didn't lose 15 lbs! you just lost muscle weight!" - one of my coaches after summer when I was discussing what to eat after my diet

UGH. This is the shit I remember now. 

• Daintyqueen likes this

#54 LampLighter

LampLighter

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:33 AM

My husband and I got a bit drunk and I asked him what he thinks of me.
He replied.. All you need to do is lose 20pounds then you would be perfect.

Reading that made me feel queasy.  That is HARSH.

• *ella, RiksyPhat, puddin and 7 others like this

I have removed my accountability, I cannot ignore the guilt anymore that it causes. I cannot bare to be "inspiration".

#55 LampLighter

LampLighter

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:41 AM

I u

My boyfriend is constantly talking about how fat he is and how gross he is and how we are going to start working out and eating healthy because he is so fat.

I'm over 100 lbs heavier than him. If he's so fat, then what kind of monster am I?

I understand this, I too was over 100 lbs heavier than my boyfriend at one point and he would make comments like this. Just so you know, it truly is nothing to do with you. He must think your beautiful..I urge you to accept that. He would say he needed to lose weight and I by default it was like he was saying I REALLY needed to lose weight, believe me...that is not what is happening! I promise you. 

I am now smaller than him, I went from over 330 lbs to around 190 that I am now and I am the one making "I need to lose weight comments" and I have noticed it makes him feel insecure as he is the heavier one. He ways around 240 lbs + (he is muscular though so he is not as big as you would think) and I can tell my comments make him feel like he should be losing weight and really I mean no such thing! I am learning to shh with such comments !

• DreamFilled, Euie, Lipophobic Substance and 2 others like this

I have removed my accountability, I cannot ignore the guilt anymore that it causes. I cannot bare to be "inspiration".

#56 Chthonia

Chthonia

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1441 posts
  • LocationUnderworld

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:49 AM

I was at a new year gathering recently and there was this relative I haven't seen in a while and while I wasn't looking at her, she turned to my mum and puffed her cheeks and arms out gesturing to me. Like she is trying to tell my mum I am fat like wth! Talking behind my back like that is... I immediately rolled my eyes and left.

Plus another relative came and asked my mum why her 2 daughters (me and my sister) are 2 very different sizes. That hurt so much (my sister is healthy but slightly underweight)

Worst new year ever

I get that ALL the time. The constant comparison between my sister and me was driving me crazy, so I had to stop paying attention to it. It still hurts me sometimes though. My sister is a bit shorter than I am and she is small built. On the contrary, I have broad shoulders and wider hips and they would always make me feel like I'm a giant compared to her. In their mind, since I'm younger than her I should look smaller, not bigger than her.  :huh:

When I went back for the Christmas holidays, all relatives would comment right into my face how tiny my sister looks and how fat I've gotten. And then they wonder why I've hated all of them since I was a child  :lol:

Another thing that was a really strong trigger, was my ex-boyfriend's reaction. We were in bed and there was something on TV about guys making comments to their girlfriends about their weight. And my ex squeezed my belly and said "it looks like I'm the perfect boyfriend, I've never told you that you need to lose weight or that you got fat".

I was at the same weight as when he had last seen me and I couldn't understand why he said that. It left me feeling troubled and I wasn't in the mood for anything. Soon after that we broke up, and I realized that he was psychologically abusing me. When we were together I was so much in love with him, and even though I knew that something is wrong I would tell myself that he's just being a bit possessive or that he has a bit of a bad temper. I'm so glad this relationship was over!

• Daintyqueen, ZeldaDanielle, theblackestlicorice and 5 others like this

#57 LampLighter

LampLighter

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:55 AM

The most recent incident that pops to mind is from just the other night. 

We had just eaten dinner and I was feeling bloated, the full feeling can make me feel quite anxious at times so I was pacing around and asked him if he thought I was gaining weight *Currently trying to eat like a normal human being* and he said no. Still not feeling relaxed I put his shirt on over my tshirts (Silly thing I do, I put clothes on that used to fit me or be too small and it calms me). I used to be larger than him so putting his clothes on sometimes is a way for me to feel less anxious . Like "It's okay..I am still smaller"...pathetic I am aware, but I was well over 100 lbs heavier than him for a long time and now I am about 50+ lbs lighter than him. 

So I put it on over my clothes and he looks at me funny, I tell him I am cold and he gives me this irritated look and says "don't stretch it out"...What?! Like...why or how could I stretch this out?? It is fitted on him...and baggy on me. I know he wasn't saying I am bigger than him, but it felt and sounded like that. Like why would you say that...he saw it on me..it was BAGGY. It made me feel like he was saying I am still larger than him, I am the big one. I stretch clothes because I am huge. 

I know it is stupid to be so bothered about it.

• Daintyqueen, *ella, Excess and 13 others like this

#58 Guest_lolzor_*

Guest_lolzor_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:59 AM

so i was always the fat kid ok. when i was 11, we moved across the earth and i lost a lot of weight. and then over the summer i guess i gained some of it back, bc my uncle lifted up my shirt and was like "haha going back to your country made you fat again!!" and his wife laughed. now i'm like 60 pounds heavier than i was back then, but the same uncle says i'm "not actually that fat" (:

one time my aunt, when i was complaining that i was fat, said "nah you're not fat, you just have a big butt!!"

• Daintyqueen likes this

#59 Guest_lolzor_*

Guest_lolzor_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:04 AM

oh and also the most recent, my dad asked me what i had for lunch about a week ago, and then when i told him he flipped bc "200 calories of ice cream!?!?! that's way too many calories for one meal!!!!!" like... ok father. like i know he probably just doesn't have the slightest clue how calories actually work considering he eats at least 1,000 at every meal, and like he doesn't know it would affect me that much, but still. 

• RiksyPhat and Flybynight like this

#60 fattkitty

fattkitty

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:11 AM

so my boyfriend is very slim and a little shorter than me BMI 19.5 (I have a BMI of 31.5)

I was complaining about my weight last week and he said: "but baby we belong together like timon and pumba" (like really?? HOW is that supposed to make me feel better?
Yesterday he said, "You only have a really big belly (*poking it*), the rest of your body is perfect! You need to lose weight around your stomach but the rest is fine right?"

I lost 11lbs in the last month and he comented on that as: "you only lost weight from your boobs!" (great..)

And about a year ago I had a sudden idea, fuck how fat I am, I'm gonna take my 2yearold son swimming (he is autistic so it's quite a challenge, since he needs a lot of time ajusting to the water), put on a bathing suit and just did it.
Some woman came up to me saying: "I have so much respect for you, it must not be easy in your condition (*looking at my tummy*)   ^_^ "  (meaning I was pregnant!! which I wasnt   :angry: )

• Daintyqueen, Metamorphasis, evilletwin and 10 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users