TW. Most triggering thing someone has accidentally told you. - Page 4 - Starting at a higher BMI - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

TW. Most triggering thing someone has accidentally told you.

• Please log in to reply
2748 replies to this topic

#61 Gogopowerrangers

Gogopowerrangers

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:28 AM

Dropped 40 lbs in 3 months, sophomore year of college. Hospital calls my parents because my heart is beating weirdly, like, "Hey, your kid's starving herself to death"

My mom is angrily crying, on speaker phone. I tell her, "I'm fine. I'm going see a nutritionist as soon as I leave"

Dad says, "I told your mother she was over-reacting. You could eat your way through a house"

Roommate went ballistic.

• Daintyqueen, Theskinnywitch, evilletwin and 21 others like this

CW: 135

#62 BeccaBunny

BeccaBunny

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:13 AM

When my sister said "but I'm thinner than you" -.-
  • Niner, LilMissMechanic, Oh Sehun and 1 other like this

#63 AmberSilverwing

AmberSilverwing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:19 AM

My ex knew I was really bothered by my weight and that I was in a full on restricting phase, and really trying hard to lose weight, and he used to sing me the Queen song 'fat bottomed girls' with this idiotic grin on his face like he was paying me a compliment. He said that it was 'fine' and he 'didn't really mind it' (my weight), but neither of those things were helpful.  <_<

• Daintyqueen and RomanDeLaRose like this

#64 unholy_tokes

unholy_tokes

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:43 AM

Ex told me he liked chubby girls. Left him 2 weeks later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • loveyourhcp, RomanDeLaRose, arianagrandes and 7 others like this

may we eat as one

230/226/144

#65 MillyPie

MillyPie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 March 2016 - 12:54 PM

A few weeks ago my dad kicked me out of the kitchen because he wanted to make his breakfast..... and ofc, he comes first!

As I was leaving he turned to my sister and said "It's ok, it'll do her good to skip a meal"

I cried for a while after that.

• Daintyqueen, Skyward, evilletwin and 8 others like this

Kik: MillyPie140

CW:199.2lbs (Yes, I've gained)

GW:126lbs

E.D.N.O.S

Vegan

#66 Zombi

Zombi

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2719 posts
  • LocationSaturn

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:11 PM

Fiance tries to reassure me about my body but ends up saying things like 'i love your butt, it's so big and squishy!' 'don't worry, I don't care about your mummy pouch, it's fun to wobble' 'your legs aren't THAT big, look they're muscle, they don't wobble that much'

I think he means well, but I just want to cover up, hide and cry.

But when I'm restricting he gets funny about it and tries to give me junk high calorie food, quite often he will buy me something on the way home without asking OR completely ignoring me when I've declined...
  • savingsarah, anwh0rexic, B1polarB1tch and 4 others like this

Losing weight was supposed to fix everything; but now I’m standing in front of the mirror crying about how much fat there still is. How did it get this far?..~

KISYXFS.jpg

xNOWM75.jpg

N9r9tHg.jpg

════»UGW; 95lbs, or 86. 16.1/15.1«════

#67 Guest_Waistedkitsune_*

Guest_Waistedkitsune_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:52 PM

My husband was telling me a story about a girl he dated and says "she was tiny. Smaller than you at your smallest." So all I heard was lose weight fatty.
  • Untold Want, Oh Sehun and Carlissa like this

#68 her_music_box

her_music_box

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 March 2016 - 02:00 PM

`you could never fit into that, youll stretch it out`- my cousin when I asked to borrow one of her shirts when we were the same size

• Female, slenderjanuary, DijkstrasTheorem and 1 other like this

Height: 4`8

HW: 150 lbs

CW: 140 lbs haha fuck binge cycles 

LW: 115 lbs

GW1:110 lbs

GW2: 90 lbs

UGW: 80 lbs

1f8d5f7f0579d5673503734f297c04d8.gif                                                          e36799402bc474c748055c5c09706409.gif                               

02fead1bb02eefce11b58502c53e42fb.gif

#69 Guest_Tapwaterdreams_*

Guest_Tapwaterdreams_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:03 PM

"You're really cute for a fat girl"

Thanks -__-

• boney_kitten likes this

#70 rotting💀

rotting💀

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts
  • Locationdead

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:25 PM

i'm not joking when i say my boyfriend calls me "one of the rare fat ones" like???????????/ why would you say that to a person with an ed?? he means well but dang he doesn't get it

• donebeingme, There_It_Goes and Darlin You Will Fly like this

name: Vee 🌸
height: 5'8"
CW: 🐳
GW: 130>

#71 NadinesMom

NadinesMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:50 PM

What stared all my problems was my brother. He was just joking around, heading to the store. I asked him to make sure to get me diet soda, not regular. I told him I couldn't drink regular. He just looked at me and said, "Like that would make and a difference." My mom laughed.

Now I'm like this.
  • evilletwin, arianagrandes, Kat15 and 6 others like this

#72 Skeleton Overlord

Skeleton Overlord

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:54 PM

i was talking to my ex and i mentioned to him that im in relapse and only had like 600 cals that day and of course he doesn't get it and just tells me the whole 'oh you don't need to starve yourself to lose weight' thing. but then we keep talking and i say something about how ive not been running because ive been busy and tired and exercise makes me hungry so im scared to do it. so he says "well yea but you don't have to eat when you're hungry."

like ????????? okay if you wanted to motivate me to eat food that is not the way to go about it buddy old pal

• Daintyqueen, OKaP, evilletwin and 3 others like this

#73 Thiyaly

Thiyaly

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:20 PM

It wasn't accidental but I need to let it out...

I was coming home from a night out and I wasn't really comfortable walking on my own at 3 am and then I see two cabs and I'm just stopping to just think about taking one (it'd have been for a really short distance ) and start talking to one guy and he says to the other cab "yea she wants to go there, it's right behind us! Haha" because it wasn't far away but I told him I wasn't sure because it was 3 am and I was alone! The other guy was like "blabla you could take it or you could walk and burn some calories and in your case, it wouldn't be a waste"
Bim.
Just like that.

I was like ok fine whatever and just left but what a fucking asshole, I'm a girl, in a big city, it's 3 fucking am, I was just not feeling the whole walking alone!

But it just hurt. And I know I shouldn't pay attention and all and he's an ass. But like, why would you say that. What are you gaining from insulting me?

So I had a shitty night and this amongst it.. I just can't. I'm home now, I'm safe, I just want to throw myself under a fucking train but hey, in my case, it wouldn't be a waste right?
  • Daintyqueen, FatSophie94, NoAngel and 9 others like this

#74 Ellemsea

Ellemsea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:08 PM

I'm not really sure if this is unintentional or not...because my mom has always scrutinized me weight.

But lately every time I go over there she says to me, "We should go to the gym together."

Not just a handful, but literally every single holiday gathering, weekend visit, even on the phone she sneaks it in some times. 😥
  • Daintyqueen, arianagrandes, fat-af and 2 others like this

#75 ChiaroHearts

ChiaroHearts

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:40 AM

I get that ALL the time. The constant comparison between my sister and me was driving me crazy, so I had to stop paying attention to it. It still hurts me sometimes though. My sister is a bit shorter than I am and she is small built. On the contrary, I have broad shoulders and wider hips and they would always make me feel like I'm a giant compared to her. In their mind, since I'm younger than her I should look smaller, not bigger than her. :huh:
When I went back for the Christmas holidays, all relatives would comment right into my face how tiny my sister looks and how fat I've gotten. And then they wonder why I've hated all of them since I was a child :lol:

Another thing that was a really strong trigger, was my ex-boyfriend's reaction. We were in bed and there was something on TV about guys making comments to their girlfriends about their weight. And my ex squeezed my belly and said "it looks like I'm the perfect boyfriend, I've never told you that you need to lose weight or that you got fat".
I was at the same weight as when he had last seen me and I couldn't understand why he said that. It left me feeling troubled and I wasn't in the mood for anything. Soon after that we broke up, and I realized that he was psychologically abusing me. When we were together I was so much in love with him, and even though I knew that something is wrong I would tell myself that he's just being a bit possessive or that he has a bit of a bad temper. I'm so glad this relationship was over!

That's good for you! :) and omg same!! I have broader shoulders and wider hips too! But my sister is younger than me. It's like she is younger but she is better than me in everything, (including being skinnier) so I seem like the failure older child...
  • Chthonia likes this
x
Chiaro

~To be Ballerina Thin~

#76 ChiaroHearts

ChiaroHearts

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:43 AM

It wasn't accidental but I need to let it out...

I was coming home from a night out and I wasn't really comfortable walking on my own at 3 am and then I see two cabs and I'm just stopping to just think about taking one (it'd have been for a really short distance ) and start talking to one guy and he says to the other cab "yea she wants to go there, it's right behind us! Haha" because it wasn't far away but I told him I wasn't sure because it was 3 am and I was alone! The other guy was like "blabla you could take it or you could walk and burn some calories and in your case, it wouldn't be a waste"
Bim.
Just like that.

I was like ok fine whatever and just left but what a fucking asshole, I'm a girl, in a big city, it's 3 fucking am, I was just not feeling the whole walking alone!

But it just hurt. And I know I shouldn't pay attention and all and he's an ass. But like, why would you say that. What are you gaining from insulting me?

So I had a shitty night and this amongst it.. I just can't. I'm home now, I'm safe, I just want to throw myself under a fucking train but hey, in my case, it wouldn't be a waste right?

No don't think like that! That guy was just being a jerk, I mean some people are just inconsiderate and insensitive :( I'm sorry you have to meet someone like that... But what's important is that you're safe home!
x
Chiaro

~To be Ballerina Thin~

#77 No Trouble

No Trouble

Advanced Sage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2294 posts
  • LocationDigging my own grave

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:48 AM

When I was at a christmas thing my grandpa handed me a pie to get a piece to take home and I accidentally cut too big of a piece but if I'd cut that piece in half it would've been too small. So I just went with it, put it on my plate to wrap up, asked my mom if she wanted a piece too and my grandpa said "What? I thought that was for the both of you"

Needless to say I didn't eat it or anything over 300 calories for the next week and it got thrown away.

• fat-af and Kimkai1993 like this

qpKGNFx.gif

ht: 5'2" hw: 270 bmi 50+

lw: 134 cw: 138 bmi 25

#78 ChiaroHearts

ChiaroHearts

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:57 AM

Another thing is that my father loves to poke me in the waist or like kick my calf for fun when he calls me

I used to be ok but now everytime I just feel my fat wobble and I feel the layers when he does that and it makes me so anxious
Like does he notice it too? And like I feel so disgusted by my own body...
x
Chiaro

~To be Ballerina Thin~

#79 ChiaroHearts

ChiaroHearts

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:00 AM

"Lose weight and I ll propose to you"
"Fat people don t succeed" from Dad
"You really should join a gym" today
After 2min Chatting with my ex who didnt see me for 1 year "did you gain or lost weight?"
Me : "hide me please I wanna talk on the phone in class" my skinny classmate "Me ? an elephant wanting to be hidden by a mouse Hahahahha"
My friend : "You re a walking ass"
...etc

Omg those comments are so hurtful! Don't listen to them! And I kind of understand, like my dad says the same thing all the time too
  • shywallflower likes this
x
Chiaro

~To be Ballerina Thin~

#80 Thiyaly

Thiyaly

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:26 AM

No don't think like that! That guy was just being a jerk, I mean some people are just inconsiderate and insensitive :( I'm sorry you have to meet someone like that... But what's important is that you're safe home!

Yea idk, when I was walking home I wouldn't have mind being crushed by a car. I mean I get it, not the first time someone insulted me but I felt so vulnerable..and stupid.. I'm gonna take some Valium and try to sleep the day away..
Thank you for your answer hun, didn't thought anyone would have read me.. You're amazing :)
  • PizzaRat, SkinnyAmbitions and ChiaroHearts like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users