TW. Most triggering thing someone has accidentally told you. - Page 5 - Starting at a higher BMI - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

TW. Most triggering thing someone has accidentally told you.

• Please log in to reply
2743 replies to this topic

#81 Whaling_around

Whaling_around

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:44 AM

Realised this morning that I am back down to the weight I was when me and my boyfriend first got together (gained 10lbs then lost said 10lbs again) for him to say I didn't even realise you had gained anything.

The rational part of my brain knows thats because he doesn't care what size I am. The irrational part shouts that I must be so fat 10lbs doesnt even make a dent.

• Kittiott likes this

The Fat Scottish Bulimic 

Currently failing to stop purging...

#82 Minky31

Minky31

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:58 AM

"You weigh 52 kg?! Wow, I thought you weighed 57 kg" 

That has been stuck in my head for almost 3 years now.... 

• arianagrandes likes this

height: 168 cm (5'6)

HW: 67 kg (148 lbs)  BMI 23,7

CW: 57,5 kg (127 lbs)  BMI 20,4
GW: 52 kg (115 lbs)  BMI 18,4 

LW: 50 kg  (110 lbs) BMI 17,7

67 66 - 65 - 64 - 63 - 62 - 61 - 60-  59 - 58 - 57 - 56 - 55 - 54 - 53 - 52 - 51 - 50 - 49

#83 autummisinruins

autummisinruins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:41 AM

My SO: "You're tiny!!"
Um no way.
SW:220-250 CW:126 GW1: 120 GW2: 110 UGW: 93

#84 Avii

Avii

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:16 AM

mom told me yesterday that I'm "OBVIOUSLY completely healthy!!!!!! you look healthy!!" my bmi is 15. not the most triggering but it hasn't been sitting well with me at all.
  • Daintyqueen, arianagrandes, sunshine_today and 3 others like this

Height: 5'9
Start Weight: 137
Current Weight: 111

Goal 1: 110
Goal 2: 100

All pics i use are me

weight.png

[dick]

#85 gbaycd326

gbaycd326

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:55 AM

the first time i hooked up with my ex he was holding onto me around my waist and was like i know this is so off limits and like i really shouldn't ask but... how much do you weigh? you're literally teensy... i got super flustered and lied adding a few lbs. on cause i didn't want him to suspect an ed...then next thing you know he's like you're really hot (probably partially cause i looked uncomf OBVIOUSLY). UGH i can't even imagine being that small right now and would actually give anything to be.

• Daintyqueen, arianagrandes and HamsterGangster like this

CW: updating on 10/12

GW1: 125

GW2: 120

GW3: 115

GW4: 110

UGW: 105

LW: 107

binge free days: 0

#86 Guest_artkid_*

Guest_artkid_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:08 PM

I was a chubby kid. Once I was at my grandmother's house, I was standing next to my super skinny, older cousin and my grandma told something like 'omg, you look so chubby next to Kate!'. It was like ten years ago, but it still hurts. And recently, she told me 'why don't you take that coat off, I want to see if you lost weight'. I just want to get really thin to show her that I'm worth something.

#87 catpats

catpats

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationFucking, Nowhere :(

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:11 PM

I'm sorry people have been so mean to you guys. People are rude as fuck. I say we replace them all with cats.

Here's a funny accidental trigger to cheer you guys up. I had just started restricting from my high weight, and my boyfriend (he's great) was being really supportive of my weight loss efforts, but was also constantly assuring me that he found me hot. Well, I made dinner and fixed a plate and decided I wasn't eating all of it, so I gave it to my boyfriend. "The less you eat the more I love you," he said, happy about the extra food. Inside, I laughed and laughed.

• *ella, dovetears, SkinnyAmbitions and 26 others like this

Height: 5'2"

HW and SW: 199

CW: 152     :(

GW1: 175 (previous high weight)

GW2: 163 (out of obese category!) 

GW3: 150 (high school weight) 

GW4: 140 (previous low weight)

GW5: 135 (no longer overweight)

GW6: 125  :wub:

#88 perfectnightmare

perfectnightmare

Sage

• Members
  • 1297 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:20 PM

I noticed this girl at the beach and thought to myself "wow, she's a total whale" (I am aware this is extremely rude but it was years ago and plus ED logic u know)

then my mother told me that I look a lot like that girl, weight, shape and everything

that hit me hard

• evilletwin, arianagrandes, FragileLikeAPorcelainDoll and 5 others like this

✿✿✿

5'8

no clue how much i weigh rn haha

#89 Zombi

Zombi

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2717 posts
  • LocationSaturn

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:18 PM

So literally just now: sent fiance picture of myself 7lbs heavier than now and one from today. I was chuffed that you can see a difference in size and he asks 'which is which'

Thanks sweetie. Way to burst my little bubble...
  • MissVeraLee, DijkstrasTheorem and Umm.Z like this

Losing weight was supposed to fix everything; but now I’m standing in front of the mirror crying about how much fat there still is. How did it get this far?..~

KISYXFS.jpg

xNOWM75.jpg

N9r9tHg.jpg

════»UGW; 95lbs, or 86. 16.1/15.1«════

#90 notquiteperfectyet

notquiteperfectyet

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1257 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:42 PM

Many years ago, when I was living with an obviously now ex, he rolled over in bed, looked at me and said 'you're so pretty. Then followed it up with "I guess it's because I'm not wearing my glasses" '. Yeah. *shakes head*

• evilletwin, loveitblonde and DijkstrasTheorem like this

"A woman like that is misunderstood. I have been her kind"~Anne Sexton

HW:262(in 1999)

SW:230

CW: 221

GW1: 199

GW2: 150

UGW:103

#91 Ginganinga

Ginganinga

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:44 PM

I started dating a guy, and of course was dining out and drinking a lot with him. After gaining 10 lbs, I started pulling away because I felt so disgusted when he touches me. When I told him the reason I didn't want to see him as much, his response was "I still think you're beautiful even if you've gained weight". I don't care what you think - I think I'm gross!
  • evilletwin, theblackestlicorice, Oh Sehun and 1 other like this

#92 # Adriana

# Adriana

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:46 PM

*mum shows me pictures from 5-8 months ago

"Look how skinny your face was"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Minky31 likes this

FOR ME.

Spoiler

https://open.spotify...ASztjZcci0YwUvn

GOALS & STATS

Spoiler

#93 milkyellow

milkyellow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:58 PM

Me, 19, trying on a dress
"Eww, look at your legs, gross, hurry up and lose weight", my cousin (male, 21)

Or

"My ex-girlfriend wasn't skinny, but she was a lot skinnier than you" (my first boyfriend said to me while I was naked, right after I lost my virginity, one month after I got out of my 8-month hospital treatment)
  • IwantSurgery, AnorexicMindTrickery, NamasteThin and 2 others like this

Height: 5'9''(175cm)

LW: 103lbs (47kg) / BMI 15.3 - 2012

HW: 167 (76kg) / BMI 24.8 - 2014

CW: 116.8 (53kg) / BMI 17.3

#94 disordered.thinking

disordered.thinking

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:21 PM

I used to have anorexia and when I was recovering I was at a party and one of my friends said "you eat a lot for a girl who claimed to be anorexic".

• Daintyqueen, Theskinnywitch, Stuckinreverie and 4 others like this

Height - 6ft

SW - 85kg/187.4lbs

CW - 64.4kg/142lbs

UGW - 60kg/132.3lbs

#95 hellounicornn

hellounicornn

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:21 AM

When I was 12 and not overweight, just slightly chubby I guess, my dad told me randomly "it's ok you can lose all that weight when you get older." I literally saw myself as obese when I looked in the mirror
  • Daintyqueen and TakeMeTo99 like this

GWs: 185 174 165 153 142 133

UGW: 125

#96 Guest_MadImpossiblePond_*

Guest_MadImpossiblePond_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2016 - 04:48 AM

After losing some weight my aunt told me how "lovely and skinny I looked" but then she told me "well, not skinny but you look so much better now" I felt horrible that day. Also when I told my ex about my ed he asked me for tips for losing weight, again I felt like shit.
  • Daintyqueen and iwillbeskinnynextyear like this

#97 Thyme

Thyme

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationRight here

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:14 AM

A not-quite-friend whom I sometimes hang out with and who used to be diagnosed with anorexia, when I told her that I hate my body with a passion and look like a whale: "No, you don't! Maybe you have a few kilos too many, but you're far from fat!"

I KNOW that she meant it as a good thing, and I know that the people who told me that before (like my mum) also meant it as a good thing. But what I want to hear is more something like "You could gain some right now and you'd still be so skinny! I get how you feel, but don't lose any more, it'd be too much." or... you know. I'm not saying it for attention, but if I do get attention, I'd prefer that kind of it >.<

My grandmother, on the beach: "[This other lady who was at the same camp with us] just saw you and [my mum] come out of the sea, and she thought you were the mum and she was the daughter, because of the difference in your looks!"

and "I know you like chocolate, which kind do you want us to buy/recommend us to buy to your cousins/mum/whatever?"

I don't even know if those are accidental or not. I just know that I've cried and purged and avoided letting her see me in anything even closely revealing, even before I started thinking of my habits as an ED.

And my boyfriend. "Sure, I'll help you out with the diet, but I don't get what you hate so much. I love the curves you have." and, when I told him that I want my thighs to be the size of my calves: "This? That's waaay too tiny." (that was triggering in a kind of good way, though. I can't wait to reach that point.)

He's honest, and kinda chubby himself anyway, and worried about me, but maaaan do comments on my appearance not help.

Oh, and he's the one who cooks and eats way more than me, and makes no-carb and no-sugar foods for me while he doesn't avoid either... and guess which one of us is actually losing weight. fml...

• Daintyqueen, Enthusiastic Turtle, Oh Sehun and 1 other like this

S o m e d a y .

#98 harliequin1

harliequin1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:06 AM

husband says "you got such a hot body, I just love those curves" translation

you've gained weight and its nice way of saying it..

means diet immediately

#99 FacebookMadeMeAna

FacebookMadeMeAna

Saw the FNORDs

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12824 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:23 PM

"I really like seeing a girl who isn't afraid to eat."

uuugggghhhhh can you just not mention anything about me putting food in my mouth ever please k thx

• RomanDeLaRose, Enthusiastic Turtle, PrincessAbby and 5 others like this
Nun

nunstockings

gothdancers

Too Dead to Die - Another Sin

Stop! I can't hear it anymore
Never mind what I'm living for
Please, answer to me my only question
Are you perfection? Are you perfection?

#100 Savara

Savara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 09 March 2016 - 04:06 PM

This requires a little background info. My best friend of nearly10 years has a gorgeous friend (and drug dealer) who's child goes to the same school as another friend from college. He's suffered with anorexia but because I'm so fat he doesn't see me as having it, which is good. Anyway super attractive friends kid is treated like a god at school because her mum is super thin, my daughter gets treated worse than that.

He turns and says to me one day while we are talking about it "yeah but if (my daughter) had a mum like (super hot mum) she would be treated better at school)". All I heard was "you're too fat and ugly so even your child doesn't deserve to be treated decently".
  • Enthusiastic Turtle, Kittiott and liquiddegenerate like this

weight.png

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

frozenwhiteroses