TW. Most triggering thing someone has accidentally told you. - Page 6 - Starting at a higher BMI - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

TW. Most triggering thing someone has accidentally told you.

• Please log in to reply
2762 replies to this topic

#101 witchi

witchi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 04:44 PM

When I was like 15 I was at my mother's work just hanging out, and her boss came in and told me I was "built like a brick shithouse". I don't really remember what led up to it but he wasn't trying to be mean or anything. I was pretty much devastated and even though I was trying to lose weight before that, it kick started my self loathing pretty effectively.

My mother was all "it's a compliment!!!!" and yeah maybe he meant it that way, but literally no 15 year old wants to be told that.

I still think about it and tear up even though it's been years.

• Daintyqueen, Enthusiastic Turtle, BMOREbilo and 3 others like this

#102 GYB4696

GYB4696

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:19 AM

My grandmother hadn't seen me in a few months, she lives out of state. I had gained about 15 lbs since I last saw her. At the end of our meeting she said "you are STILL beautiful". I never asked why she said "still" because there was absolutely no context for it, so I assumed she meant even though I've obviously gained weight, I'm still beautiful. I cringe every time I think about it.
  • Nightshift and Nenuphar like this

#103 GalacticEnby

GalacticEnby

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationSpaaaace

Posted 10 March 2016 - 12:44 PM

My bf last night after I poked his belly playfully "be thankful ur not quiet as fat as me" immediately went into the bathroom and threw up the Apple and cheese ild eatten srsly restricting til I lose my tummy

#104 ForeverFAT21

ForeverFAT21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationBristol, EN

Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:15 PM

Surprisingly is was what my sister said about people with eating disorders...if only she knew the half of it.

"I don't count calories. Besides, you don't want to be like one of those girls who counts all calories as bad calories or eats like a strawberry and considders it their daily calories."

Then she went on to say that counting calories is an eating disorder, blah blah blah..." 

That triggered me back onto this site for the first time in months. I had stopped weighing every ounce of my food and writing down and calculating exact calories,instead I had been doing approximate calculations in my head mostly, but the second she said all of that I whipped out my phone and searched for days until i found the perfect way to calculate my calories, water intake, weight etc. A better app than I already had, all the while starting to count calories again and now I'm back to not just obsessing over the calories and portion sizes, and worrying about food all the time, but every single little individual calorie that might possibly enter my body. I started weighing my food again with my digital food scale and now it lives in my bedroom. 

• Oh Sehun and Sexy Bomb like this
HW: 250CW: 175.7 ^_^ (74.3lbs down! But so many to go...)
GW1: 210

GW2: 200

GW3: 182 (I haven't weighed 182 since grade 7, now in Uni & 3 inches taller)

GW4: 172

GW5: 166

http://www.tickerfac...t-loss/wWGmJ44/

#105 size0please

size0please

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationTrapped In My Own Mind

Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:40 PM

Yeah, you're big, but you just had a baby and you will get it off. You did before. I'm still attracted to you... - my oh so smooth talking husband. It's my own fault. I did ask how fat I was.
  • ZeldaDanielle, vaporeon, Enthusiastic Turtle and 2 others like this
Height: 5'2"

High weight: 185 lbs (right after pregnancy)

Low weight: 97 lbs (in high school)

Starting weight: 178 lbs

Current weight: 161.8 lbs

Goal 1: 160 lbs

Goal 2: 150 lbs

Goal 3: 140 lbs

Goal 4: 130 lbs

Goal 5: 120 lbs

Goal 6: 110 lbs

Ultimate Goal Weight: 100 lbs

#106 A friend

A friend

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:43 PM

"You're perfect just the way you are"

• Enthusiastic Turtle and alwayssunny like this

tumblr_n4um40A8r71qdtcn7o1_400.jpg1daa9e89507f35eab7699f4c26d16ee0.jpgtumblr_myupj7cGun1tnx4eko1_500.gif

tumblr_mvhlr1ZgaA1rsf9g8o1_400.gif

tumblr_mdnuvmWkiy1rjiyano1_500.giftumblr_inline_nkyf2ifLGq1sdkz3a-14364607giphy.gif     I'm these guys

anthony-michael-hall-brian-insecure-quotqPV0WcU.giftumblr_nqpvszbP7I1u5go9do1_500.gifamerican-horror-story-depression-evan-pe

When it's a 'social' event:giphy.gif

giphy.gif

What your brain thinks when your heart thinks you can just restrict again: StephenSmithROFL.gif

tumblr_na4hi3TZrU1tnko2io1_500.gif    s u p.
oregonkr.gifNothing strikes faster than a mamba. #tbt    Go Ducks

#107 Whaling_around

Whaling_around

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:08 PM

"You're perfect just the way you are"

I absolutely hate this one my boyfriend is forever saying it and it takes everything I have not to turn it into a full blown argument like 'no you are clearly lying. I am medically overweight which is causing unnecessary strain to my body' etc etc 😂
  • PizzaRat, ZeldaDanielle, Cheery_Hippie and 2 others like this

The Fat Scottish Bulimic 

Currently failing to stop purging...

#108 Fayte

Fayte

Sage

• Members
  • 1037 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:02 PM

I think I've got one.

I revealed to a good friend a couple of years back about when my ED was at it's worst, in my mid to late teens. I also posted a picture to them of me at my lowest weight (51kg, 162cm) because I missed being that weight and was feeling pretty awful about it. 

The response? "You don't look anorexic/like you have an eating disorder."

Yes I know, I was and still am too fat to qualify, if that is what you meant. Still hurts even to this day.

• Enthusiastic Turtle, Kittiott, Fugu and 1 other like this

"You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough."

- William Blake

()

#109 PowMeowOw

PowMeowOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:32 PM

I went over to my mom's friend's house for Thanksgiving and we were taking photographs. My mom's friend says to one of her slim guests "no, stay away from me, you're two months pregnant and still smaller than me, you'll make me look ginormous in my pictures." She then sits right next to me, looks me in the eye and says "that's better, now I won't look like the pregnant one."

Another time my mom offers me a bag of popcorn for work. Then after I take it, freaking out because I don't want to be tempted to go over my daily limit, she smirks and says "It's not even going to make it to work, you're just going to hide in your room and eat it all."

Felt sick to my stomach...

• Enthusiastic Turtle and Kittiott like this

" I am watched — and judged harshly — as I try — and fail — to fit into a space that was made for someone else. I am always too big, always too much, always unacceptable. I must make myself smaller and smaller, reducing and reducing endlessly, my stubborn body resisting at every turn. "

Height: 5' 7"  Waist: 33.5

HW: 267 // SW: 260.8 // (Mini Goal: 240) // GW1: 230 // GW2191 (Out of Obese BMI!) // GW3: 170 // GW4: 159 (Finally Normal BMI!) // UGW1: 155 // UGW2: 130

weight.png

#110 Guest_⛧Meow Lucipurr⛧_*

Guest_⛧Meow Lucipurr⛧_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:36 AM

"Wow you used to be so pretty" coworker
After not seeing me in years "omg what happened to you? " cashier at liquor store
"You might as well go back to starving or purging if you are going to have an eating disorder you may as well be thin" ex husband
"Maybe if we had a kid you'd have an excuse to be so fat " ex husband
"You just sat there and stuffed your face the whole time" ex girlfriend
"You're stupid, fat, and ugly and that's why your day left you" my step dad

Just to name a few...
  • Skyward, donebeingme, beinginfinite and 1 other like this

#111 xmgv2016

xmgv2016

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:39 AM

Playing around my friend pinched my titty. Instantly made me feel like shit and that i have man tits.

#112 GalacticEnby

GalacticEnby

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationSpaaaace

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:40 AM

"Wow you used to be so pretty" coworker
After not seeing me in years "omg what happened to you? " cashier at liquor store
"You might as well go back to starving or purging if you are going to have an eating disorder you may as well be thin" ex husband
"Maybe if we had a kid you'd have an excuse to be so fat " ex husband
"You just sat there and stuffed your face the whole time" ex girlfriend
"You're stupid, fat, and ugly and that's why your day left you" my step dad

Just to name a few...

Omfg that first one I hear it from my coworkers all the fucking time so infuriating
  • fat-body-skinny-mind likes this

#113 fattkitty

fattkitty

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:39 AM

My boyfriend (who always says he loves BBW) yesterday:" didnt you see Rihanna gained weight lately, I'm so happy, she looks so good! I just dont like her belly now.."

Needless to say I am no way near Rihanna's belly.. cried in the bathroom and tried to purge my yoghurt, which I can't, so more crying and a winebinge

#114 BellaLuna9898

BellaLuna9898

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:45 AM

When I visited my mom, granted I wore a size too small jeans cause i packed the wrong pair, but she was like "Youve gained so much weight, you need to watch it. stop eating so much!" and I know shes right but still. Or another time I hadnt eaten in three days and I reached for another slice of ham, cause she gave me one and herself like 7 and she was like " Stop eating so much! Youre gonna gain weight! I can already tell youve gained some." or she always calls me big butt, which I hate so much. It makes me want to cry. Or she calls me her chunky monkey. Like mom pls stop Im an adult now, i know im fat but dont try to turn my body into your joke. If i tell her it hurts my feelings she gets all offensive and starts crying and calling me rude and how I dont want her to be happy.

I have a mom like this. It's not your fault I promise

#115 eccureil

eccureil

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • LocationMidwest US

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:28 AM

I'm bi, and my boyfriend is aware. So every now and then he'll show me pics of girls he thinks are hot that I might also like (so that we can both appreciate their looks), but it just makes me feel so inadequate...

• *ella, Fixi, Enthusiastic Turtle and 6 others like this

leia-sig2.jpg

#116 hula-hooping

hula-hooping

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:37 AM

My husband is always saying that I should do the "squat challenge". Don't get my wrong he loves my booty but its just jiggly not toned or anything. Then also last night I was making myself a salad for supper while he made chicken alfredo for himself and I was joking around about eating "grass" and he said "your'e a cow!" and I just stopped and stared at him.... He immediately knew what he said was wrong and I know I took it the wrong was but just hearing him say that brought up all these fears and memories of being made fun of in high school. It doesn't help that he's skinny as a rail and weighs even less than I do even though he's much taller. I just want to weigh less than my husband, the way it should be. 

• *ella, ZeldaDanielle, FatSophie94 and 2 others like this

#117 shixxxy

shixxxy

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2562 posts
  • LocationClouds

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:47 AM

"You need to move more honey!" -my bf when I talk about losing weight. He always makes me feel like a lardass when he says this. I've been trying to be so much more active now because of this

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

#118 Guest_princesskiwi_*

Guest_princesskiwi_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:20 PM

yesterday I was commenting on how I need new pants because my old ones are super baggy now (lost 30~ pounds recently) and said something along the lines of "look how huge my legs were!" holding up the loose fabric.
without looking up from his phone my SO said offhandedly "your legs are huge"
I felt like dying right then and there, he didn't realize what he said and when I started crying he kept correcting himself "I meant they WERE huge, your doing so good! I misspoke!"
I believe him but the damage was done, super restricting this week
  • NoAngel and donebeingme like this

#119 danainwonderland

danainwonderland

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 935 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:52 PM

A friend who knew about my ED: 'Why do you still starve yourself, you haven't even lost any weight!' That hurt.

• Enthusiastic Turtle, Oh Sehun, sabbers24 and 1 other like this

Spoiler

#120 Broken~angel~wings

Broken~angel~wings

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Locationmaryland, USA

Posted 11 March 2016 - 03:41 PM

From my boyfriend when we first got together: "Since I had kids, I am now more attracted to motherly looking figures" while looking over my body and smiling.

Made me feel so huge. I have never been pregnant, so having a "motherly looking figure" (not having a flat stomach anymore and a little extra weight) made me feel so bad I just wanted to stop eating for a week.

I know he meant it as I am perfect for him the way I am, but that is not how I want to look.

• prisma likes this

Height: 5'10
HW: 188.4 (April 28, 2014)

CW: 172.4

GW: 145

UGW: 135 

174 173 172 171 170 169 168 167 166 165 164 163 162 161 160 159 158 157 156 155 154 153 152 151 150 149 148 147 146 145 144 143 142 141 140 139

weight.png

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users