Can we get rid of this forum? - Muscle Dysmorphia - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Can we get rid of this forum?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_thehappiestjess_*

Guest_thehappiestjess_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2016 - 03:36 PM

Guys.

Guys.

So muscle dysmorphia is obvs a real and serious illness, but can we get rid of this now?

Nobody uses this forum.  Am I wrong?  This is an ED/mental illness site, yes, and this is a legitimate mental illness, but I'm not sure this is doing anyone any good by being here?  It's just kind of sitting here, the Legacy of Alpha Omega, ancient and dusty and useless, like an appendix?  The world has moved on?

I honest-to-god wouldn't mention this if it looked like this board was even a little active, but now it kind of bothers me, just being here.  Because it's like a serious issue and it being here is kind of a joke.

Yes, this is an ED site, but it's a very specialized ED site, and I think that unless we get an influx of members suffering from this, it's not doing anyone any good.

This has been a formal request.

• fruitlick, embodiment and MissAnalyze like this

#2 Guest_NightBinge_*

Guest_NightBinge_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2016 - 03:41 PM

I think we should keep it.

• Space_Waster, KittyPie, dtm247 and 3 others like this

#3 Guest_thehappiestjess_*

Guest_thehappiestjess_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2016 - 03:42 PM

I think we should keep it.

Okay, but why?

#4 Ganja Gremlin

Ganja Gremlin

The Real Goddess Ana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14041 posts
  • Locationisolating myself from humanity

Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:04 PM

I think it should be kept to be honest

• flacko, Heatherrina, hollygetlightly2 and 3 others like this

Height: 5 '6.75

Eating Disorder: Anorexia b/p subtype ( struggling to recover)

HW: 156 repulsive pounds ( bmi of 26 I think)

CW: 74.8 pounds/BMI 11.8

LW :74.8 pounds /bmi 11.8

GW: I don't even know anymore

UGW: RECOVERY AND SELF ACCEPTANCE AND NOT CARING ABOUT MY GOD DAMN WEIGHT ( to an extent of course, I never wanna get overweight)

#5 Methe

Methe

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2985 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:07 PM

Why such a lengthy post about removing a board that is hardly used? It really sounds like you have some serious issues with the thematic which have nothing to do with how often that board is used or not. Want to tell us?
  • AlmostVegan, runningthoughts, User_is_Offline and 14 others like this
Sex: None if not paid in advance.  Male   
Height: 1.73 m (5"8' ft)

I had been morbidly obese my whole teenage and adult life. I had developed a BED by the age of 18.

Highest weight, 2013 - April 2015:  145 kg (320 lbs / 22 st 12 lbs) BMI: 48.4

From July 2015 to July 2016 I ate 1200 kcal every day and exercised regularly. I got to a normal 
weight for the first time as an adult.

Lowest weight, July 2016:               67.4 kg (149 lbs / 10 st 9 lbs)  BMI: 22.5  

Here are some disgusting nudes (trunks) showing the difference, watch at your own risk and hold eye bleach ready!

After a month of maintenance my BED took control over me again, helped by me not experiencing
real progress in life overall and emotional turmoil during an extended outpatient stay. Have been more or less fluctuating 
in weight, but never went obese again.

Recovery is a lifelong battle and hope the last thing to die!

Current weight: At about my medical ideal weight again. Subject to changes!

I earned my thin privilege!!!

Official diagnoses: BED (not currently ), ADD, BPD, MDD

#6 Guest_NightBinge_*

Guest_NightBinge_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:36 PM

Okay, but why?

People suffer from it and even if the forum gets used only once every 2 months at least it is there for the people that need it. The media is always telling guys that they should have big muscles in order to be attractive. There are even female body builders as well.

• KittyPie, User_is_Offline, lady mcmeth and 9 others like this

#7 Guest_thehappiestjess_*

Guest_thehappiestjess_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:41 PM

Why such a lengthy post about removing a board that is hardly used? It really sounds like you have some serious issues with the thematic which have nothing to do with how often that board is used or not. Want to tell us?

Am I the only one who was around for the whole Alpha Omega thing?  I thought it was obvious, but I guess other people weren't here for that whole debacle.  I guess nvm, but I still dislike this board on principle.

(No, I'm not gonna explain it to you, because you're being condescending.)

#8 Guest_NightBinge_*

Guest_NightBinge_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:48 PM

Am I the only one who was around for the whole Alpha Omega thing?  I thought it was obvious, but I guess other people weren't here for that whole debacle.  I guess nvm, but I still dislike this board on principle.

No, I remember people talking about him. We shouldn't punish everyone with muscle dysmorphia, because of Alpha.

• KittyPie, sylvie_sylphide, Granmamma and 4 others like this

#9 Fudgedat

Fudgedat

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4558 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:08 PM

No your not. But i still disagree. I was around for alpha and omega when I was my old profile (and it's rebirth and further reincarnations) it kinda put a nail in the coffin of any sensible discussion about md or anything mildly to do with it.

I feel VERY sorry for anyone strughling with md on here because of the attitude towards it, I don't have muscle dysmorphia but any attempt to discuss anything even mildly related it becomes ridiculous on this site and that is why it's dead here. There are people who pm on site about md and surrounding issues.

The forum should stay imo as there are people out there who may one day seriously use it and not be ridiculed off the site.

(Its a similar issue to why I DONT have md but I am a female who used roids and at times tried to gain and I NEVER talk about my body issues in that respect because people will jump on me and ridicule my goals/issues, I had to delete an entire account, blog and body gallery because comments made me feel so bad I can only imagine how terrible it is for ppl with MD)
  • glumsock, cassio, Xthin1 and 4 others like this
Behind every CRAZY BITCH, is a sweet woman who just got sick of all the BULLSHIT!"

#10 Guest_Hambone Fakenamington_*

Guest_Hambone Fakenamington_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:24 PM

wat do

• xaesthetic, 🌸Ganja🌸, phanorexic and 6 others like this

#11 Dreaming--thin

Dreaming--thin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:25 PM

I'm sorry but I'm a little lost, who is Alpha Omega?

#12 Guest_Gïngër_*

Guest_Gïngër_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:08 PM

I'm sorry but I'm a little lost, who is Alpha Omega?

A troll who kept returning after being banned, insulting and belittling people and treated muscle dysmorphia like a total joke.... It's a good thing he's gone :)

#13 Mackenzie Gianna

Mackenzie Gianna

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:14 PM

I think we should keep it

#14 Guest_ⒶⒷ●ⓂⓄⓁ_*

Guest_ⒶⒷ●ⓂⓄⓁ_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:31 AM

​It's a subtype of body dysmorphic disorder, a legitimate mental health issue, it's classified in the DSM. It has obsessive compulsive features that are seen in other eating disorders. I'd say this forum belongs on this site regardless of the frequency of it's use.  

• Kinumama and picklefart like this

#15 Revengekilljoy123

Revengekilljoy123

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:22 PM

We should keep it. If you don't find use out of this forum, don't use it. But I'm there are plenty of people who do, you just don't notice.

1z1tgu0.png

#16 Persephony

Persephony

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:20 PM

I get why you want to get rid of it. 

I for one - and maybe this is somehow related to my tendency to restrict food or maybe my restriction comes from this tendency - have what I like to call reverse hoarding: I compulsively "purge" my life of things that aren't used anymore or don't fit at the moment. Ironically I don't purge food that's been eaten. Real purging is only purging I don't do. However, I will clean out the cabinets and fridge a lot - I have the fridge of an ana girl even though I am not one. I "purge" my closet and belongings, donating what can be donated and tossing/recycling what can't. I "purged" diaries of bad/useless pages which is why they never lasted or end up really thin. I want to "purge" my blog or edit it of mistakes constantly and it's just a small rambling that's on this site and I JUST started it last month. I "purge" my facebook photos, albums and comments. I even "purge" files at work which has gotten me in indirect trouble. My coworkers blamed the system and my inexperience. I had to stop trying to organize and "clean" everything at least at work.

So, back on topic - I get why you'd want to purge this forum of this sub-forum even though keeping it doesn't directly affect you. It doesn't fit your image of MPA. It is unused and seems like a homage to a user that was a total douche-snozzle. I get irked just seeing sub-forums but not all of the sub-forums there could be. I get anxious thinking about all the threads that died and remain forever (typos and all) in MPA space. I hate things that aren't tied up nicely. I spent some time on AVEN (for asexuality awareness) but it turns out that sexuality is a spectrum. It is more liquid than people think and at the end of a long road, I'm not asexual just less sexual than average. I just can't accept it so I throw the whole thing out the window in my head. I'm heterosexual. That's all my anti-hoarder, clean edges mind can process and that's what makes me happy. Besides, in my case, it ended up being an issue of semantics. Now, I can't go on the forum anymore because I don't feel like I belong and truthfully I don't. They'd call me demi-sexual or grey-A by their definition. SO NOT WORTH EXPLAINING TO PEOPLE TO TAKE ON THAT LABEL. And truthfully, I'm not really ana or mia or EDNOS or am I? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! It changes. I change. People who say that people never really change are wrong. We change all the time. You are both constant and fluid: at worst an idea and at best a permanent soul that shall always exist - albeit with an unknowable level insignificance - as part of the whole of all time. Immortal but evolving with every breath, every thought, every passing moment changed both by your own will and the will of every being in the universe.

Okay, that wasn't really on topic. OP, I feel you. It would clean the clutter to delete the forum. But the other side has a better argument: inclusion and support in a cold harsh world where both society and self can make a person feel worthless. They win.

Edit: I got super existential crisis here and found what I want my signature to say. Thanks lol. 

Edited by moonlight_mania, 02 April 2016 - 08:34 PM.

• KittyPie, KayCee, glumsock and 5 others like this

#17 Mama Gay

Mama Gay

BIRTHDAY GAY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11542 posts
  • Locationbaking cookies and handing them out to any Baby Gay who needs a cookie from Mom

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:31 PM

Why, though? MD is a legitimate disorder, despite the stigma and general "wat do" fiasco that often comes attached to it. There are plenty of dead forums on here, but that's no reason to gt rid of one. This is an ED site, so a forum about a specific eating disorder is totally necessary. Deleting it would be like saying that people suffering with MD aren't welcome on MPA which is so not true. 

If you don't like the forum, don't go on it. Like, I dislike the South Beach Diet forum, so I just simply don't go in there. 

• PizzaRat, bpdsoul, cutiemiep and 1 other like this

99mq.gif

sorry I talk about my kid so much

#bubbersbutt2k18

il_340x270.1207481605_js6b.jpg

Give me attention I'm needy: GerardGayy.sarahah.com

#18 Makeup & Bikes

Makeup & Bikes

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:40 PM

I was around for the whole Alpha Omega thing drama (with my old account) and I agree, since then this forum hasn't really been used. I think that now it's here it would be pointless to remove it. I can see where you're coming from, this site is called My Pro Ana...it isn't exactly attracting people with muscle dysmorphia.

HEIGHT: 5'0" | 152cm 

HW: 88lb | 40.0kg (BMI: 17.3)

CW: 80lb | 36.2kg (BMI: 16.1)

LW: 62lb | 28kg (BMI: 12.1)

GW: 73lb | 33kg (BMI: 14.2)

MEASUREMENTS: 30-22-32

#19 Choco_Bitch_612

Choco_Bitch_612

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 8922 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 10:17 PM

it's only a joke when multiple people treat it as a joke, one troll can't change anything 

he's just one guy, idk why it bothers you so much

• That Dude likes this
                                             tumblr_lm6rmpkYSc1qfoi4t.giftumblr_lm6rmpkYSc1qfoi4t.giftumblr_lm6rmpkYSc1qfoi4t.gif                                                                                                        

H: 5'7.5 LW: 150 (2014) SW: 158 (2014)  HW: 216 (Dec. 2019..that's embarrassing) CW: 179.0

nU14Dpl.png                            

tenor.gif

I wouldn't say I'm mentally ill, but I wouldn't say I'm mentally well, either

Tumblrhttps://pastxlblues.tumblr.com/

Insta: https://www.instagram.com/ednos.bitch/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ednospoison 

ED youtube: https://www.youtube....ZTUKDwT7CACaoBw

MFP: https://www.myfitnes...ile/pastxlblues 

Accountability: https://www.myproana...0s-114-lbs-575/

Gw 1: 190 lbs (86 kg) BMI - 29.3

Gw 2: 180 lbs (82 kg) BMI - 27.8

Gw 3: 170 lbs (77 kg) BMI - 26.2

Gw 4: 160 lbs (73 kg) BMI - 24.7

Gw 5: 150 lbs (68 kg) BMI - 23.1

Gw 6: 140 lbs (64 kg) BMI - 21.6

Gw 7: 130 lbs (59 kg) BMI - 20.1

Gw 8: 120 lbs (54 kg) BMI - 18.5

UGW: 114 lbs(51 kg) BMI - 17.6 

MAINTAIN BETWEEN 107-114

tumblr_lm6rmpkYSc1qfoi4t.giftumblr_lm6rmpkYSc1qfoi4t.giftumblr_lm6rmpkYSc1qfoi4t.gif 

Effy & Pandora 

Spoiler

Anime stuff

Spoiler

Korra stuff

Spoiler

Weight loss stuff

Spoiler

#20 TrapCeritops

TrapCeritops

Omniscient

• Members
  • 3432 posts
  • LocationCentral Valley, California

Posted 02 April 2016 - 11:15 PM

I was around for the whole Alpha Omega thing drama (with my old account) and I agree, since then this forum hasn't really been used. I think that now it's here it would be pointless to remove it. I can see where you're coming from, this site is called My Pro Ana...it isn't exactly attracting people with muscle dysmorphia.

It attracted me.

Not sure why anyone would want to get rid of it though, while there are SOOO many off topic and retarded sections of this site, deleting one that covers an actual illness would be foolish to me.

• That Dude, wordiffusion, Applepious and 1 other like this

96 year old man preying on all you peeps with eating disorders, beware!!

NEW!! The Feather Girl Cleanse NEW!! 
Drop 7-12 lbs in one week!

Ana Coach to the stars!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users