How does the media force men to be muscular? Sure six-pack ads are everywhere and bikini models too, but forcing us? We can giggle to those ads... the "ideals" some have for us. Can we not choose not to be manipulated? I believe we can. Sure there is healthy and if you find joy in exercise, power to you! But to put yourself through pain and hell to aspire to some picture of a bodybuilder (who is using (not all) drugs to look a certain way, puffed up, but raw strength), is it worth it? For what? A gold trophy? I admire couples that have that in common, but to look a certain way to be a walking idol... please, no.
1. They said "telling" not "forcing." Emotional pressure can be stronger than physically forcing people to do things sometimes.
2. People don't choose to be mentally ill.
3. PEOPLE DON'T CHOOSE TO BE MENTALLY ILL
4. It is not up to you what other people look like.
5. What do trophies have to do with any of this? Who said anything about couples? I'm legitimately confused.
To everyone else, yes, this forum should stay. If we have a forum for eating soap and snot, a forum for posting pictures of puppies and motivational quotes, and a forum just for screaming about things, surely we can hold onto a forum about a recognized dysmorphic disorder.