Can we get rid of this forum? - Page 3 - Muscle Dysmorphia - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Can we get rid of this forum?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Kerberos_*

Guest_Kerberos_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:45 AM

People suffer from it and even if the forum gets used only once every 2 months at least it is there for the people that need it. The media is always telling guys that they should have big muscles in order to be attractive. There are even female body builders as well.

young pete burns :wub: :wub: :wub:   ​

#42 Guest_xiare_*

Guest_xiare_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:11 AM

The community defines and redefines each subforum, over time. An extended lull, in activity, would not put a subforum at risk of being taken down.
  • Alohomora likes this

#43 Guest_wretchedegg_*

Guest_wretchedegg_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:00 PM

People suffer from it and even if the forum gets used only once every 2 months at least it is there for the people that need it. The media is always telling guys that they should have big muscles in order to be attractive. There are even female body builders as well.

I don't care if what you're saying is right or wrong. You already got me at THAT'S THE WAY! A-HA A-HA! I LIKE IT! A-HA A-HA!

#44 truthbetoldjesuslovesyou

truthbetoldjesuslovesyou

Advanced Guru

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:37 PM

How does the media force men to be muscular? Sure six-pack ads are everywhere and bikini models too, but forcing us? We can giggle to those ads... the "ideals" some have for us. Can we not choose not to be manipulated? I believe we can. Sure there is healthy and if you find joy in exercise, power to you! But to put yourself through pain and hell to aspire to some picture of a bodybuilder (who is using (not all) drugs to look a certain way, puffed up, but raw strength), is it worth it? For what? A gold trophy? I admire couples that have that in common, but to look a certain way to be a walking idol... please, no.

#45 VanishingAngel

VanishingAngel

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:01 PM

How does the media force men to be muscular? Sure six-pack ads are everywhere and bikini models too, but forcing us? We can giggle to those ads... the "ideals" some have for us. Can we not choose not to be manipulated? I believe we can. Sure there is healthy and if you find joy in exercise, power to you! But to put yourself through pain and hell to aspire to some picture of a bodybuilder (who is using (not all) drugs to look a certain way, puffed up, but raw strength), is it worth it? For what? A gold trophy? I admire couples that have that in common, but to look a certain way to be a walking idol... please, no.

1. They said "telling" not "forcing."  Emotional pressure can be stronger than physically forcing people to do things sometimes.  

2. People don't choose to be mentally ill.  

3. PEOPLE DON'T CHOOSE TO BE MENTALLY ILL

4. It is not up to you what other people look like.  

5. What do trophies have to do with any of this?  Who said anything about couples?  I'm legitimately confused.  

-------------------

To everyone else, yes, this forum should stay.  If we have a forum for eating soap and snot, a forum for posting pictures of puppies and motivational quotes, and a forum just for screaming about things, surely we can hold onto a forum about a recognized dysmorphic disorder.  

• User_is_Offline, Granmamma, MelusinaAmpersand and 1 other like this

avatar_d0122b9db1c1_128.pngQm2i9qx.jpg

Accountability

About:

Spoiler

If you like any of the following, talk to me:

Spoiler

#46 Bianca Del Rio

Bianca Del Rio

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1309 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:11 PM

It's a disorder. You have literally no business in not wanting it here. Wtf

• User_is_Offline, Lloyd, Boltzmann and 1 other like this

Really Queen?

#47 Build.a.bear.reject

Build.a.bear.reject

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationSomewhere

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:29 PM

It's not hurting anyone...why get rid of it?

fd43dbf0dc7b715a470b33b189e5186d.jpg
ff205884919e80cdf64c5032b359b916.jpg

#48 User_is_Offline

User_is_Offline

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:59 PM

I agree with this. even if a fourm dies , someone will come along and have questions or help and they will have their answers  and support here. it helps many people. and if this is such a concern to you, why are you writing on here? talk to an admin or mod

HW:171 (Third pregnancy)

LW:100

Cw:124

GW1:100

Gw2:95

aiH2RmDvrr0WY.gif

giphy.gif

wolf_girl.jpg

giphy.gif

tumblr_nqd2bnv1n81ungdnpo1_500.gif

tumblr_n3df4yqCjR1tqhwm9o1_500.gif

#49 User_is_Offline

User_is_Offline

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:01 PM

1. They said "telling" not "forcing."  Emotional pressure can be stronger than physically forcing people to do things sometimes.  

2. People don't choose to be mentally ill.  

3. PEOPLE DON'T CHOOSE TO BE MENTALLY ILL

4. It is not up to you what other people look like.  

5. What do trophies have to do with any of this?  Who said anything about couples?  I'm legitimately confused.  

-------------------

To everyone else, yes, this forum should stay.  If we have a forum for eating soap and snot, a forum for posting pictures of puppies and motivational quotes, and a forum just for screaming about things, surely we can hold onto a forum about a recognized dysmorphic disorder.  

my thoughts too. get rid of minorities forum too since it's not a mental illness. it isnt up to us 

HW:171 (Third pregnancy)

LW:100

Cw:124

GW1:100

Gw2:95

aiH2RmDvrr0WY.gif

giphy.gif

wolf_girl.jpg

giphy.gif

tumblr_nqd2bnv1n81ungdnpo1_500.gif

tumblr_n3df4yqCjR1tqhwm9o1_500.gif

#50 raspberrynoir

raspberrynoir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:11 AM

Attached File  Image1466658578.926069.jpg   203.13KB   18 downloadsAttached File  Image1466658627.484905.jpg   304.43KB   22 downloads
tbh didn't know this forum existed but Tysm ill probably be using it now lolAttached File  Image1466658627.484905.jpg   304.43KB   22 downloads

#51 Guest_Kerberos_*

Guest_Kerberos_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:10 AM

can we get rid of op

#52 Guest_-_-............_*

Guest_-_-............_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:13 AM

You never know who will join. I wish this forum was more popular.

#53 Guest_treadly_*

Guest_treadly_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:57 AM

formal request to expand thread

• Lloyd likes this

#54 Applepious

Applepious

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1048 posts
  • LocationEastern United States

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:59 AM

Soooo are you really a girl asking for a guys' forum to be taken down....wtf

It's not a guy's forum, MD affects men and women. Just like all of BDD. 

• mscledd likes this

Current Weight: 189.8 lbs

Start Weight: 196.8 lbs

Pounds Lost: 7.0 lbs

First Goal Weight: 185.0 lbs

Pounds to go: 4.8 lbs

My Accountability

#55 Guest_MajicMila_*

Guest_MajicMila_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:07 PM

Just because something is not being used at the rate you wish it to be, does not mean it should be taken down. If even one person reads something in it that offers them hope, peace, or some type of useful information,  then it is worth keeping.

A lesser frequency of use does not render something useless.  Think of a diamond buried deep in the ground. It may not be seen by anyone but it will still be useful and a great find once someone discovers it. 

• Lloyd likes this

#56 Lloyd

Lloyd

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10810 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 August 2016 - 11:47 PM

Just because a forum doesn't attract much activity, does not mean it is invalid. If a website had a sub-forum for a rare disease that only 3 people in the world suffered from, does that make them less entitled to having a means of communication and expression? Also this website and anorexia nervosa mainly stems off of body dysmorphia, therefore I find it extremely relevant personally.

Vey well said! Yes I agree it's important maybe even a life line for some people, I don't know but we should have it for the people that need it.

btw Alpha was back lol now he's gone.
  • Cheekbones Please likes this
Hw 249
LW 134
Cw 205 fucking hell
Gw1 160
Gw2 150
Ugw 130....for now lol

Highest step count is 60,157.

#57 Guest_free2B_*

Guest_free2B_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:35 AM

I'm glad its here. I had no idea. Reading about this for the first time on MPA has given me a different perspective. I used to feel superior to 'gym rats', people obsessed with lifting weights and muscle freaks. Now I can look at them with the same compassion as I have for anorexics.

Thanks for educating, I may not have it myself, but after reading the thread about 'how would you explain?' I got that its an obsession mainly from insecurity just like anorexia or orthorexia.

Anyway I think its good to keep this open for others who don't have a clue that these people are suffering from a mental obsession, even if only a few md people acually come here.
  • mscledd likes this

#58 Butterfly obesessed

Butterfly obesessed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:27 AM

maybe a little late to join this party but i think also this forum should exsist

when i first joined mpa i was shocked how many males deal with a ED are on this site

it was kind of ignorant to think they can't have a eating disorder or i know there are some outhere who has one but I wouldn't thought that they are so MANY of them

I mean this big pressure thing for them is not looking skinny more the need to look more Muscular =strong

so this forum should really exsist <3

tumblr_lhi59np1Oh1qfhlgz.gif

#59 Eradication

Eradication

Warrior

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 01:24 PM

This was really rude in general.

#60 Guest_LanaDelChanel._*

Guest_LanaDelChanel._*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:04 AM

I disagree with you.Even only one person in a year uses this forum,it's still helpful for that person.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users