Conditioner Only - Page 2 - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Conditioner Only

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 MarkahMalady

MarkahMalady

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

I've been trying this lately and it's legit! :) My hair isn't all shitty and dry anymore, I may not buy another shampoo for quite some time.
tumblr_oehnm4gRy61unc4uko4_540.gif
5'9"
Hw: 285 ):
Cw: 202 work in progress
Gw1/Lw: 185
Gw2: 165 (healthy range)
Ugw: 125 <3

All we need is endless self control.

#22 Guest_daytripper_*

Guest_daytripper_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

Even for product build up shampoo isn't necessary. Conditioner usually has an oily texture, and oils can usually clean better than surfactants and without drying out your hair. If you have product build up and only want to condition, use conditioner like shampoo once or twice (wet hair, massage in conditioner, rinse, and repeat) then use conditioner like conditioner (massage in, let sit for a few, rinse). Rinsing conditioner out takes dirt away too!

#23 NekoAbi

NekoAbi

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationKnoxville

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

I use Simply U shampoo and conditioner. It is sulfate and paraben free. It is all natural. Barely lathers. Really thick.

giphy.gif

HW: 230

CW: 228  :( 

Lw: 100

Height: 5'8"

G1: 175

G2: 165

G3: 155

G4: 145

G5: 130

G6: 125lbs

UW: 98lbs

#24 Guest_e_plum_*

Guest_e_plum_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

I use shampoo like once a month if my hair feels SUPER gross.

I have the thickest, darkest, curliest hair in the history of hairs and it's constantly trying to be frizzy and weird. Discovering that I can wash my hair with conditioner has changed my life.

Not to be smug but my hair is fucking beautiful now lol.

lol so is mine...for the first time in my life, I love my hair and have been getting compliments on it all the time :D  It's more wavy than curly but since starting co-washing 6 months ago my hair has been getting curlier and curlier and most importantly the frizz has basically been eradicated. 

#25 skinnywishing97

skinnywishing97

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

There's this girl in my school that openly admits that she washes her hair once ever 3 months... That's disgusting , its super greasy its gross!x

#26 Guest_Hawk_*

Guest_Hawk_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

I only use conditioner! But mine is super cheap and has all the bad stuff in it :c I want to start using just coconut oil. I've heard it works nicely.

I use oils for a very long time and they are one of the best things you can put on your hair. Coconut is a good choice, I've started with it and now my hair is like extra healthy.

#27 LLiivatti

LLiivatti

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3843 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

I used to use silicone-free products, but it made my hair for beginning very tangly and so on, and since I started to lose a lot of hair due to my anorexia I moved back to the products that have silocone :/

#28 Guest_Lndin_*

Guest_Lndin_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:08 AM

The method of using only conditioner is called "cowashing" there is one that I love called coconut cowash by "as I am it" is great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users