Cold, Sore Swelled Up throat, Stuffed up head. - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Cold, Sore Swelled Up throat, Stuffed up head.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FallenAngel89

FallenAngel89

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationOuter Space

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Any one have any good home remedys? Not a big fan of going to the Dr or antibotics. I've tried Vic's inhaler and sudophedrine and no luck yet. Ideas much appreciated! :wacko:

Closer by the day, but so painstakingly far away...

#2 Mizzlu

Mizzlu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

I am really ill to my bones and chest is killing me :(
Not got no tips on home remedys tho sorry
Hope u feel beta soon huni

#3 seabone

seabone

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

Buy some echinacea extract and put a few drops into your drink, it's proven to help with colds & head colds. I find that it works really well :)
I hope you feel better soon xxx

"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Gregory House

#4 Ely

Ely

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

I think it's your body expelling toxins. I've had the same prob with my throat, it gets worse if I eat processed foods and actually swells at night. I burn olbas oil to clear the head and breath better. Ana Warrior's suggestion is fab! The cold sore is a reaction to stress or fever. Zovirax cream is good although it will take a lot of regular applications and about just over a week to clear if you didn't manage to treat it a the first sign of a tingle. Hope this helps!

#5 Ely

Ely

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

Oh yes, and get well soon! Xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users