PLEASE don't be offended: why aren't you guys bulimic - Page 3 - BED Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

PLEASE don't be offended: why aren't you guys bulimic

• Please log in to reply
680 replies to this topic

#41 dylann

dylann

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2053 posts
  • Location'RADO

Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:17 AM

I can't purge.

Trust me, I've tried. My body just won't do it. Iron stomach, I guess.

• luvbones, an0r3xia and lovebunnyx like this

tumblr_nidqo3KnCt1tgifq9o3_500.gif

♥︎ make sure you kiss your knuckles before you punch me in the face ♥︎

★☆ diagnosis: AN-B/P ☆★

★☆ height: 5'5" // CW: 90ish lbs/bmi 15.3 ☆★

★☆ UGW: 93 lbs ☆★

★☆ revised UGW: 88 lbs/bmi 14.9 ☆★

accountability

Spoiler

#42 [email protected]

[email protected]

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5700 posts
  • LocationWestern Kansas

Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:20 AM

I do both binging without purging- sometimes up to 3000 calories and Binging and purging, up to 10000 calories.

5'5"
HBMI: 22.0
CBMI: 18.3 heh! 
GBMI: 14.0-15.0
LBMI: 13.0

"Quiet people have the loudest minds"- Unknown

#43 Guest_Gïngër_*

Guest_Gïngër_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:23 AM

Please please don't get offended because I really don't want to offend anyone genuinely. If asking this is completely not okay then tell me that and why. When it comes to certain stuff my perception is pretty warped so 

I'm just wondering, as someone with anorexia b/p my brain can't comprehend binging and not purging it afterwards. Are there any particular reasons why you have explicitly developed BED and not bulimia?

This sounds really fucked up idk if I can articulate my thoughts properly, feel free to make me look like a fool 

Because they have a different ED. It's that simple. Not all EDs include purging. You shouldn't have to ask. It is literally that simple. They have a different illness to you. And your inability to get your head around it is partly due to your illness. That's all. 

• eyoh and Not So Skinny Hermit like this

#44 Yell_Heah

Yell_Heah

Hot Mess

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11672 posts
  • LocationA secret underground model lounge in Union Square accessed through the Coffee Shopp

Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:24 AM

Some people with BED do purge, just not enough etc. It's a complex ED like any other.

Some people are scared of vomiting, sometimes dealing with the pain from the binge is self harm, sometimes it's not worth it to them because they just binge again after due to the stress of purging.

When I was "more BED" than whatever fresh hell I'm in now it just became easier to not deal with it.
  • luvbones, numbed_out and slenderjanuary like this

EDC user Brachyrhynchos

IMG-0882.jpg

Accountability

#45 Guest_satancat_*

Guest_satancat_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:35 AM

I have a strong phobia of vomiting. I've purged a few times but it didn't become a habit because of my massive fear of vomit.

#46 Corydoras

Corydoras

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:45 AM

I love my teeth and don't want to ruin them.

Also I have this thought that throwing food away is really bad and you shouldn't do it. I'm from a poor family where food was always super appreciated and you NEVER throw it away, even by purging.

I used to purhe before, when the anxiety after binge got too big, cause I did it almost every day. But nowdays I think that if I binge, I deserve to feel bad and bloated.

Though I don't have binges really often anymore, so I don't think I qualify as BED sufferer. Even though I over indulge every now and then, I restrict more, so it doesn't really affect me that much. Not sure if I could not purge if I binged more often...
  • NeverCryWolf likes this

"Good things come to those who work their asses off and never give up."

Thinspo tumblr

#47 AppleFritter

AppleFritter

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1402 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:07 AM

why though? I kind of did 

Yeah so did i in a way. I was a binge eater for as long as I could remember. I chose to walk to the bathroom and throw up. But I think it takes a very sad messed up person to want to hurt themselves like this.

Please please don't get offended because I really don't want to offend anyone genuinely. If asking this is completely not okay then tell me that and why. When it comes to certain stuff my perception is pretty warped so 

I'm just wondering, as someone with anorexia b/p my brain can't comprehend binging and not purging it afterwards. Are there any particular reasons why you have explicitly developed BED and not bulimia?

This sounds really fucked up idk if I can articulate my thoughts properly, feel free to make me look like a fool 

I dont get offended by much but your question is pretty valid. 

• noimsick likes this

effy-effy-stonem-gif-smoke-tears-Favim.c

[color=#800080] the goatman will get you to.

Accountability
height 5'8"
HW- 230
CW- 145

230 220 210 200 190 180 170 160 150 140 130 125 120

#48 Guest_Gïngër_*

Guest_Gïngër_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:20 AM

It's so easy to switch from one ED to another and I am happy this post was created. 

I think the word you're looking for is "common", not easy, else we'd be able to choose which one we had or to not have one at all...... sorry I'm pedantic aabout grammar/words lol

• Kiwillogico likes this

#49 Tamarind

Tamarind

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1438 posts
  • Locationyour ceiling

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:28 AM

IK my sig says bulimic but I was BED a lot longer than I've been BN.

Bulimia simply wasn't my ED...

The drive to purge is an intrusive thought specific to bulimics. I was not bulimc. Therefore I had no intrusive voice to cope with that only shuts up when I purge.

Purging is also a vicious cycle. You do it once, you can never let yourself be full again. Back when I had BED, when I'd yet to open that can of worms, being physically full did not bother me.

P.S. I am not offended by your question, I think it's perfectly valid. But just FYI putting the fact that you are AN-B/P, and that you can not comprehend not purging, in your post is extraneous and probably makes 90% of the users here hate themselves even more. (Not that I don't get it, but you gotta realize exactly how bleak BED is...)

• numbed_out, eyoh, slenderjanuary and 2 others like this

Dx: BN  ||  Ht: 183 cm
HW: 77.1 kg [23.02 kg/m2]  ||  LW: 56.2 kg [16.78 kg/m2]
CW: 71.6 kg [21.37 kg/m2]  ||  CBWH
(cm): 91-75-108

GW: 63.5 kg [18.96 kg/m2]  ||  GBWH(cm): 89-65-102

June Progress
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

#50 Moon Gum

Moon Gum

The Walking Contradiction

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14191 posts
  • LocationBetween a pillow and a comfy place.

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:48 AM

Before May the 27th last year I'd have said because I never dared to, and because I never was able to.

All of that changed in a few minutes, though.

Right now.... refer to my display pic  ^_^

1995. walking contradiction.

Talk about maths!

See my accountability!

See my twitter!

Ask me anything!

See my art!

POLITICS!

I am just you, in a parallel existence..

IxuAj7El.jpg

We're like birds in random flight, chaotic yet beautiful, noisy yet peaceful. One day we collide - but we don't crash, and somehow end up melding into something even better?

#51 eyoh

eyoh

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:49 AM

Tbh I think that bulimia and BED have LOTS in common. I stepped into the Bulimia forum and I realised lots of users LOVE eating and binge preparing to throw up right after. Bulimia, more than anything, gives you a dysfunctional understanding of food, because what is enough, what is too much if you can throw it all up? I thought I was BED, but I think I'm a bulimic that occasionally fails at throwing up. Thus, one easily led to another.
And if you define binging as "the act of eating too many calories in a limited amount of time", well lots of bulimic fit in there. All I am saying is there is an underlying view of Food as Comfort that both illness share.

On the contrary, when I was Anorexic food was NEVER a comfort to me. Food was fuel. Maybe I enjoyed the taste of the 10g of cereals per breakfast, but ultimately what I ate was just my fuel for the day. I never acted on impulse, I never had cravings. And when my stomach demanded food I was just glorifying myself for not eating.

It's so easy to switch from one ED to another and I am happy this post was created. Seeing so many people struggling with a serious illness saying "I don't want to throw up because that's even worst" for me is revelatory. After so many years purging for me has become a normal thing, I am not scared of any consequences. But I should be. Going into the bulimia forum I was so surprised how nobody was talking about "quitting purging". I am thankful people here are conscious about their health. I think the BED forum is a very positive one of people who SEE the problem and want to fix it.

Yes thank you! It put things in perspective for me to be reminded how gross/dangerous purging is
 I'm up in the woods, I'm down on my mind
I'm building a sill to slow down the time

eeec8a3b90088f86_thumb_temp_facebook_pos

#52 Kiwillogico

Kiwillogico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:11 AM

A

I think the word you're looking for is "common", not easy, else we'd be able to choose which one we had or to not have one at all...... sorry I'm pedantic aabout grammar/words lol

You are absolutely right. Always happy to be corrected.

Stay sane inside Insanity.

Accountability! http://www.myproana....y-binge-winter/

#53 Mocha & Rice

Mocha & Rice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:25 AM

When I was much younger, I'd stood before a toilet trying to stick my fingers into my mouth the way doctors did in order to get myself to vomit. It never worked and I eventually gave up on it because vomiting's pretty gross :/

#54 Guest_Gïngër_*

Guest_Gïngër_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:26 AM

I can't purge.
Trust me, I've tried. My body just won't do it. Iron stomach, I guess.

Same here unless I'm drunk lol

#55 MissSweatpants

MissSweatpants

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:06 AM

1. I've tried, but my stomach has always been good at keeping food down. Even when I try my hardest to get something up, it's normally not the food itself.

2. Throwing up would mess up my makeup and looks. Any time I've ever threw up by accident, my makeup looked like a clown. Also, it makes my breath stink and I don't want to ruin my teeth more.

3. I'm in college. There would be too many witnesses if I did puke.
  • Glitter_sugar and lovebunnyx like this

Binge Eating Disorder

Trying to lose weight.

#56 Aleena

Aleena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:26 AM

I'm not bulimic because

1.I'm already having heart problems.

2.I have medication that needs to be taken every day at the same time. If I would skip it, it could lead to serious lifethreathing symptoms.

#57 Make_Me_A_Bird

Make_Me_A_Bird

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1232 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:42 AM

because people dont choose what eating disorder they get lol

Being anorexic myself, this. Much this.
  • fuckbed and Misc like this
40 pounds until I'm happy. Or so I think....for now...

#58 Fuckpizza

Fuckpizza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:22 AM

I wouldn't say I have a disorder but I have struggled with bingeing .  To try to not gain weight I have tried to make myself purge but I can't, I don't have a strong enough gag reflex.  So in order to not binge I have restricted my calories and what I eat in order to reduce cravings.  I guess I've traded over eating for under eating.  I myself prefer undereating and not having craving than binging.  And I've only recently done this and I feel better.  

• noimsick likes this

5'2" 22 yr.

CW: 132.4  (01/07/17)

1GW: 125

UGW: 118

133 132 131 130 129 128 127 126 125 124 123 122 121 120 119 118

#59 Strawberrysweetie

Strawberrysweetie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 12:28 PM

For me, when I binge I need to feel that fullness. I can't stop eating until it gets uncomfortable. If I purged, I would have to do it all over again. Its like a sick form of punishing myself.
  • sqrrlgrrl, daisybirds, poisonedminds and 2 others like this

#60 MillyMilly

MillyMilly

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1473 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:07 PM

This is a great question tbh.

I am anorexic, but I do binge sometimes

^Me also.

I'm diagnosed AN, and I experienced many years ago, after 5 - 6 years of HARD  anorexia restricting behavior- a loss of control and a sudden exstreme out of control binge behavior (not even noticing myself, until I was done eating everything in my sight.. freakin' scarey stuff tb!) And I have sometimes binged and purged by vomiting, abusing lax, excercise or restricting. And I have also multiple times binged and just cried my f'in eyes out, without any form of purging. But I have never really considered myself either anorexic, bulimic og BED. I just have a VERY disorded and unhealthy way of coping my feeling, my life, and me being alive and in this world. The fact of accepting myself and that I am taking space from others, by being born.

In my opinion - diagnoses are so square-formed. It just don't and won't get out of the box.

Edit:
Sorry, quoted a bit fast. I don't "care" about my looks, in terms of my disordered eating, and my ED did not start from some diet thing. Not saying that it's not possible for others to have their ED starting in that matter. Just making it clear, that my ED has been since after my toodler years and since childhood, just gradually getting worse for the years passing. Not trying to be "better" or "worse" than anyone, just telling my story.. (and yes... why would anyone care about my stupid life story.. IDK .. I'm actually surprised I'm even writing this in the first place.. but then again "aren't we all?"... sigh, life.)

• proro, Sea_Bitchcuit, Sissi79 and 1 other like this

Just found out - have no friends...

*Eat alone, drink alone, party alone, sleep alone*

529ede2886635fe89f3e8b9159a05a55.gif

I'm the Lion King, I can do everything!
43f6a7dbd5fa1be259fa843284090c30.gif

IF INTERESTED, HERE IS MY INSTAGRAM! It's mostly my pathetic attempt to make art

This is an accountability of miserabilty! clicky clicky, but at own risk

Spoiler

Kitty cats

Spoiler

^_^ :rolleyes: :wub:

If you love cats. Here's a place for you!
Kitty Click Kitty Clack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users