Opinions/Thoughts? Lunchbox/Bento Diet - Member Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Opinions/Thoughts? Lunchbox/Bento Diet

Lunchbox Bento Diet

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ireumeunjungkook

ireumeunjungkook

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Locationjungkooks bed

Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:46 AM

Hi~

I've tried a few diets and none of them worked for me because I always end up overeating and feeling terrible afterwards. I came across a post on Instagram that showed a Bento-style lunchbox and I was thinking about filling the compartments with fruits and vegetables and such and just eating it for the day.

Has anybody tried it? What's your opinion and thoughts on it.

I like to eat only fruits and I have a custom diet plan of mine with several fruits that add up to 100-200 calories and it's super filling (for me).

I don't really like to eat anything apart from fruits and maybe meat (like fish) and grains would follow up. If I did fill a lunchbox do you think it'd be a good idea to add other things too?

I also think this would work because others mention that eating your food on smaller dishes trick your brain into thinking you're full or something?

Your opinion and ideas appreciated. <3

• もろい and umaru like this

#2 SailorPierrot

SailorPierrot

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 26 April 2016 - 01:15 PM

I eat my lunches bento style. I am a vegan and I find it is an easy way to keep myself satisfied without overloading myself. I hope that was helpful and made sense.

Stats

Spoiler

#3 umaru

umaru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 05:15 PM

I'm mostly vegan and love making bentos. I think portioning your meals is a great way to control your intake. Your fruit love is also a super good habit. I personally eat a lot of fruits too (I just had some watermelon and bananas for lunch).

I would suggest some fresh or cooked vegetables like sweet snap peas, broccoli, or purple cabbage. Blanch or steam them with water so you're not adding any refined oils (a lot of calories in oil). The other thing I'd add would be beans, perhaps a chickpea salad or a black bean + corn salad. Maybe even some hummus you can dip your veggies in.

Finally, to top things off, a couple of raw almonds or walnuts helps with absorbing all the super good nutrients in your meal.

Hope that helps!

TT

• ireumeunjungkook likes this

SW: 126, CW: 114.8, GW: 107, UGW: 100

Help me count calories & stay on track! Follow my food accountability progress on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/pdoggi/

#4 vare

vare

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 05:49 PM

I love bentos, they're fantastic to learn portion control. I don't have any dietary restrictions, I do IIFYM and yet my most fattening meal hasn't gotten to 600kcal. The bento culture in Japan puts a lot of emphasis on balanced meals, so I've actually made an effort to start adding more meat and proteins to them. However, if I'm feeling lazy I just add a lot of steamed/raw veggies with some rice and it averages on 300kcal.

SW 173

CW 132

GW 121

#5 ireumeunjungkook

ireumeunjungkook

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Locationjungkooks bed

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:08 PM

I'm mostly vegan and love making bentos. I think portioning your meals is a great way to control your intake. Your fruit love is also a super good habit. I personally eat a lot of fruits too (I just had some watermelon and bananas for lunch).

I would suggest some fresh or cooked vegetables like sweet snap peas, broccoli, or purple cabbage. Blanch or steam them with water so you're not adding any refined oils (a lot of calories in oil). The other thing I'd add would be beans, perhaps a chickpea salad or a black bean + corn salad. Maybe even some hummus you can dip your veggies in.

Finally, to top things off, a couple of raw almonds or walnuts helps with absorbing all the super good nutrients in your meal.

Hope that helps!

TT

Thank you so much for your reply! It's very helpful and I know which vegetables I should try next time I buy my food. I'll definitely consider the options that you gave me. :) Thanks again.

• umaru likes this

#6 umaru

umaru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:15 PM

Thank you so much for your reply! It's very helpful and I know which vegetables I should try next time I buy my food. I'll definitely consider the options that you gave me. :) Thanks again.

You're welcome! I'm here to help anytime so message me anytime. I love talking about bentos and cooking! :) Post pictures of your bentos next time you make them. I'd love to see them. Good luck!

SW: 126, CW: 114.8, GW: 107, UGW: 100

Help me count calories & stay on track! Follow my food accountability progress on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/pdoggi/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lunchbox, Bento, Diet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users