Popcorn is Life - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Popcorn is Life

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#1 **M**

**M**

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1924 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:57 PM

I thought it would be fun to have pics of favorite popcorn flavors/ways to prepare it- or even store bought varieties

Here are a few store bought varieties (I'll update with homemade later)

de82ee3b00ea0aa42acbfdda62c64789.jpg

264cafb0269e211bb445754002e6b9b0.jpg

e38f3f364f34a7a7258c2aae9e350e83.jpg

037a2a0138617db5d6fd5af181d49d4b.jpg
Both skinny pops are gluten free & vegan
  • sweetwithoutcandy likes this

#2 **M**

**M**

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1924 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:59 PM

c8dbd09953aae2e65c99fbd108e8ed67.jpg
  • ice blue and sweetwithoutcandy like this

#3 Maxine98

Maxine98

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:00 PM

Same.
  • **M** likes this
Height: 5'4.5 cw: 105 hw: 135 lw: 92 gw: 95? Idk don't have one really

#4 motherfuckincaprisun

motherfuckincaprisun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:20 PM

Oh god I've been living on popcorn this week. Popped at home with that White Cheddar shaker seasoning on it.
  • **M** and unnatural-bones like this

#5 halfmoonkid

halfmoonkid

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1657 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:22 PM

popcorn is like, a major food group for me. I eat it everyday, most times multiple times a day xD

• **M**, Queen Poop and unnatural-bones like this

Accountability thread: https://www.myproana...-day-at-a-time/

#6 **M**

**M**

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1924 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:27 PM

Oh god I've been living on popcorn this week. Popped at home with that White Cheddar shaker seasoning on it.

Air popper or microwave in a bag and you should put pepper with the white cheddar seasoning

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
  • motherfuckincaprisun likes this

#7 **M**

**M**

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1924 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:28 PM

popcorn is like, a major food group for me. I eat it everyday, most times multiple times a day xD

Do you eat it the same way every time? Store bought? Air popped? Flavored? Plain?

Hahaha "popcorn is life" = no joke

#8 IMissS.P.

IMissS.P.

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5148 posts
  • LocationMy room, sometimes my bathroom, sometimes in my skull, sometimes out

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:35 PM

I like them but been ages that I've been avoiding popcorn because counting their calories is too confusing and I'm scared of messing up. I always have to pop them myself though because the only packaged popcorn we have where I live are higher calorie and contain unnecessary amounts of salt that makes me retain water :/

tumblr_inline_n0vrqbz6iP1rxsw83.giftumblr_inline_n0vrqiTY8e1rxsw83.gif Height - 166cm tumblr_inline_n0vrq3oHeJ1rxsw83.giftumblr_inline_n0vrpyMdVT1rxsw83.gif

tumblr_mc5ulsRRYq1roozkr.giftumblr_mc5ulnbB921roozkr.giftumblr_mc5ulsRRYq1roozkr.gif LW - 37.5kg/CW - 48kg; Back at it again tumblr_mc5ulsRRYq1roozkr.giftumblr_mc5ulnbB921roozkr.giftumblr_mc5ulsRRYq1roozkr.gif

tumblr_inline_n0vrq3oHeJ1rxsw83.giftumblr_inline_n0vrpyMdVT1rxsw83.gif // Never grow up// tumblr_inline_n0vrqbz6iP1rxsw83.giftumblr_inline_n0vrqiTY8e1rxsw83.gif

#9 **M**

**M**

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1924 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:40 PM

I like them but been ages that I've been avoiding popcorn because counting their calories is too confusing and I'm scared of messing up. I always have to pop them myself though because the only packaged popcorn we have where I live are higher calorie and contain unnecessary amounts of salt that makes me retain water :/

I was feeling that for a little bit, but then I got back to rice cakes and popcorn. Then my dad was a dick and scared me out of rice cakes... and I am refusing to give up my popcorn. Popcorn is like the only food that I can still truly enjoy in small amounts
  • IMissS.P. likes this

#10 IMissS.P.

IMissS.P.

Omniscient

• Members
  • 5148 posts
  • LocationMy room, sometimes my bathroom, sometimes in my skull, sometimes out

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:43 PM

I was feeling that for a little bit, but then I got back to rice cakes and popcorn. Then my dad was a dick and scared me out of rice cakes... and I am refusing to give up my popcorn. Popcorn is like the only food that I can still truly enjoy in small amounts

They last forever tho ლ(´ڡ`ლ)
  • **M** likes this

tumblr_inline_n0vrqbz6iP1rxsw83.giftumblr_inline_n0vrqiTY8e1rxsw83.gif Height - 166cm tumblr_inline_n0vrq3oHeJ1rxsw83.giftumblr_inline_n0vrpyMdVT1rxsw83.gif

tumblr_mc5ulsRRYq1roozkr.giftumblr_mc5ulnbB921roozkr.giftumblr_mc5ulsRRYq1roozkr.gif LW - 37.5kg/CW - 48kg; Back at it again tumblr_mc5ulsRRYq1roozkr.giftumblr_mc5ulnbB921roozkr.giftumblr_mc5ulsRRYq1roozkr.gif

tumblr_inline_n0vrq3oHeJ1rxsw83.giftumblr_inline_n0vrpyMdVT1rxsw83.gif // Never grow up// tumblr_inline_n0vrqbz6iP1rxsw83.giftumblr_inline_n0vrqiTY8e1rxsw83.gif

#11 **M**

**M**

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1924 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:05 PM

Ohhhh I used to put franks red hot buffalo sauce on air popped popcorn - it made some of it wet and gross but omg it tasted so freaking good!!

Buffalo sauce & dill & pepper & onion powder

(Gluten free & vegan)

Just --- you have to try it if you like anything remotely spicy!!

• LisaVeganMJ likes this

#12 uponanaswings

uponanaswings

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 5207 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:06 PM

i went through a popcorn phase too.

• **M** likes this
Why?

#13 **M**

**M**

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1924 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:07 PM

i went through a popcorn phase too.

Please share thoughts from your popcorn phase?

#14 uponanaswings

uponanaswings

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 5207 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:12 PM

sure. i actually had two phases. the first i only used a home popcorn machine that i got for my birthday. i would pop at least two or three bowls of it, spray it with butter pam or 0 so called spray and it would taste good. it was the only thing i would eat for the day, so i ended up losing weight. don't remember how much. and the second time was a few months ago and i used the store bought popcorn. i ended up losing again because it was one of the only things i ended up eating for the day. the downfall is that it can get salty and you can retain water with the storebought one. the homemade one there is no salt unless you add it. so that's what i remember anyhow.

• **M** likes this
Why?

#15 **M**

**M**

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1924 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:18 PM

sure. i actually had two phases. the first i only used a home popcorn machine that i got for my birthday. i would pop at least two or three bowls of it, spray it with butter pam or 0 so called spray and it would taste good. it was the only thing i would eat for the day, so i ended up losing weight. don't remember how much. and the second time was a few months ago and i used the store bought popcorn. i ended up losing again because it was one of the only things i ended up eating for the day. the downfall is that it can get salty and you can retain water with the storebought one. the homemade one there is no salt unless you add it. so that's what i remember anyhow.

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback

Was it just the sprays that you put on the popcorn or did you ever put pepper, tony sacharez or anything rlse on it? I have come up with some fun popcorn creations at home! Haha (I just have to remember more of them before I put them on here! Lol)

#16 riverrose

riverrose

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:21 PM

I used to make popcorn with soy sauce but I stopped because of the sodium...anyone have any better ideas

• **M** likes this

tumblr_njs2x3IxXS1tuwzrxo1_500.gif

SW: 159

GW1: 155 154 153 152 151 GW2: 150 149 148 147 146 GW3: 145 144 143 142 141 140 GW4: 139 138 137 136 135 GW5: 134 133 132 131 129 

#17 **M**

**M**

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1924 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:22 PM

My favorite from childhood- that I couldn't go near anymore- was ranch doritos and movie theater popcorn - I used to watch tv with my little brother and we would split our snacks (I brought the popcorn, he brought the dorritos) and we both ignored our mom telling us how unhealthy we were being while we snickered at her and watched nickelodeon. I would never eat that combo now, and I don't think he would either but it kinda started my love of popcorn and while that combo won't be safe, it will have an honorary place for a list that I can't eat, but still makes me smile.

#18 Guest_Peri_*

Guest_Peri_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:26 PM

I bought some Skinny Pop the other day!!
  • **M** and Katie9 like this

#19 **M**

**M**

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1924 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:26 PM

Some other favorites were tony sacharez and parma (vegan parmesean)

Franks(regular or buffalo) and dill

Oregano, pepper, melted daiya, ghost pepper flakes
(Not safe anymore)

Lemon pepper & basil

Cinnamon and salt

Dill, paprika, turmeric, cayene, garlic powder, onion powder, jalapeno powder, pepper, parsley

(All gluten free & vegan)

• HeavyWater likes this

#20 **M**

**M**

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1924 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:28 PM

I bought some Skinny Pop the other day!!

Which flavor? I love that stuff, especially the white cheddar flavor!!
Vegan & gluten free lurrrvvvvv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users