mother of 2 and needs advice - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

mother of 2 and needs advice

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 deathssugarbaby

deathssugarbaby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Locationport huron mich US

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

I'm a mother of two beautiful children but I desperately need advice. I'm stuck at 152 lbs and I can't lose any more weight lately. I've tried diets and working out. I need advice on getting over this plateau that I hit. Any suggestions?????

#2 Ella_Mental

Ella_Mental

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:25 AM

I've heard that the Fast diet is good for breaking plateaus. You can tailor it to suit your needs too. But basically it's go with the regular eating patterns for 5 days and eat on  2 x 250-300 cal meals on 2 days. Somehting about the fasting days helps do stuff to ur metabolism or something?

Hang in there, baby weight isn't easy to shift but it CAN be done :) xo

Ella Mental

.:. Be Like Water .:.

Height : 171 cm. CW 56.4 kg. LW 51 kg. HW 70kg. GW 52 kg consistently

-_- 

#3 Ana~Michelle

Ana~Michelle

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationEssex - UK

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:34 AM

Try the ABC diet. I fasted for three days, liquids only and then started the abc and I am losing. I have three children and I do think it takes longer to come off now. Hang in there.

#4 Mïś§ Ůşěď

Mïś§ Ůşěď

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 3170 posts
  • LocationNorth DaSnowta

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

I don't know about you but a lot of times i find i don't have time to eat so I would end up eating one fast unhealthy meal. I've been really working to spread out my calories into small, nutritious meals and snacks. That seems to be what helps me lose the most weight. Also, if you do the same exercise routines try and switch it up.
And then the downward spiral began
I knew it was real
Because I could not unthink it
I could not stand still to make it stop

#5 seabone

seabone

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

The ABC diet is the best thing to do when you hit a plateau, and make sure that you're doing enough exercise :) xx

"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Gregory House

#6 fatcat

fatcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

I have the same problem, I cont be of much help, but will try the suggestions!  Thanx

HW: 148 (pregnant)

LW: 100 (last year)

CW: 121  :(
GW1: 115

GW2: 110

GW3: 105

UG: 99

height: 5'5

#7 klara

klara

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

I was recently in the same place.  I started eating more often, upped my work outs and started drinking tons of green tea and hot peppers.  Those were the healthy things I did and they seemed to work.  For me it was a matter of jump starting my metabolism.

On the parenting front, I live in an apartment complex with a work out room and I've seen parents bring their kids and some things for them to do.  It looked like it worked out well for them.  Also, my daughter used to try and do my work out videos with me, for about 2 minutes before she got bored.  Or she would pick up my lightest dumbbells and say she was "extersizing".  So you can include your kids in a work out if you get creative about it.

Just because something is simple doesn't mean it's easy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users