No matter how skinny I am I will never be white - Minorities - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

No matter how skinny I am I will never be white

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1 cactustrash

cactustrash

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:45 PM

POPULAR

Idk today out of nowhere it completely dawned on me that no matter how skinny I get I will never be white. I'll never fulfill the image of those sweet and pretty white girls with long hair at cafes or perched in windows. Idk sorry this is stupid. 

• Esmé, DecomposingDoll, TheRoadToPerfection and 60 others like this

#2 LosingNirvana

LosingNirvana

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts
  • LocationThe void

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:54 PM

You. are. not. less. because. of. your. skin. I know that's what a lot of people can make you think or that's what they do think but as long as you try to not let them get to you it doesn't matter. You're beautiful just the way you are.

• brixnnx, KeepGoingAndLoseIt, earth.cry and 32 others like this

Stats

Spoiler

"This season brings darkness so profound
I've become lost and can't seem to be found
Contorted, racked with pain
I know should feel free, yet I continue to sing this sad refrain
I can't sleep and food has lost its taste
God, I'm so sick of this place!"
-Being As An Ocean: This Loneliness Won't Be The Death Of Me

#3 Guest_Guest__*

Guest_Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:57 PM

" I'll never fulfill the image of those sweet and pretty white girls with long hair at cafes or perched in windows"

41d1fe4b34638bc75898e8c79b2960ba.jpg

• Padfoot, UrbanDivaBaby, NotSoSweetTea and 12 others like this

#4 skeletal intimacy

skeletal intimacy

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:04 AM

I feel this from the bottom of my heart. 

This dawned on me two or so weeks ago in an kik chat. I will never have the body of the white girls in thinspro. I will always have hips, thighs, and and ass and I would have to be dead in order to get rid of them. Those long thin legs- most likely will never have them (part in so because of my height but that's another thing) 

In part of this all dawning on me- I accepted peace. 

I've lost give or take 30 pounds. I've reached control. I work out everyday. I count calories. I feel good. I can wear all the skinny white girl clothing and have it looks good where it counts *wink* (#this ass). I have a naturally body that most none ethnic girls seek now a days. Nice sized lips, ass (this I would like to be smaller) and in shape thighs. 

I'm doing a full make over. I will never be white, true. 

I will never have the body that I want because I am not white. 

But, darling- I've gotten pretty darn close. ^^^ perfect above picture. 

All in all- 

the moment you come to conclude that you don't need to be white to have to reach your goals of what you view of perfection, is when you will really be happy.  

• UrbanDivaBaby, ᴠᴇʀɪsɪᴍɪʟɪᴛᴜᴅᴇ, toluidine and 42 others like this

Hw: 153 :ph34r: 

Lw: 117  ;)

Cw: 128.4    :blink:

Gw1: 125  -_-

Gw2: 120  :rolleyes:

UGW: 116  :wub:

:o Goal Weight Of Destiny: 115 or lower :lol:

#5 Alexish

Alexish

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:24 AM

I can't fully empathize because I am white, so all I can do is imagine how that feels. And it just feels so fucking shitty. I mean, I don't understand the race bit, but I understand having something physical (not that race is only physical, as I acknowledge the cultural aspect of it, too) about yourself being seen as less-than or even disgusting. I'm trans, so I'm a girl with male genitalia and body hair, and I feel disgusting for that quite often. Especially the body hair (since I have male pattern chest and butt hair. Ew.). And like, I'll never be cis, just like you'll never be white... it sucks that society creates these standards for us that can never be met. And so they just eat at us until we learn to live with it. It's horrible.

• UrbanDivaBaby, microjack, étéNoël and 16 others like this

q3dL5zp.jpg

#6 cactustrash

cactustrash

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:36 AM

I feel this from the bottom of my heart. 

This dawned on me two or so weeks ago in an kik chat. I will never have the body of the white girls in thinspro. I will always have hips, thighs, and and ass and I would have to be dead in order to get rid of them. Those long thin legs- most likely will never have them (part in so because of my height but that's another thing) 

In part of this all dawning on me- I accepted peace. 

I've lost give or take 30 pounds. I've reached control. I work out everyday. I count calories. I feel good. I can wear all the skinny white girl clothing and have it looks good where it counts *wink* (#this ass). I have a naturally body that most none ethnic girls seek now a days. Nice sized lips, ass (this I would like to be smaller) and in shape thighs. 

I'm doing a full make over. I will never be white, true. 

I will never have the body that I want because I am not white. 

But, darling- I've gotten pretty darn close. ^^^ perfect above picture. 

All in all- 

the moment you come to conclude that you don't need to be white to have to reach your goals of what you view of perfection, is when you will really be happy.  

wow. You are so positive. Your ability to love yourself and your body is truly inspiring. Thank you so much for this... I hope to be at some point as content with myself as you <3 <3 <3 

I can't fully empathize because I am white, so all I can do is imagine how that feels. And it just feels so fucking shitty. I mean, I don't understand the race bit, but I understand having something physical (not that race is only physical, as I acknowledge the cultural aspect of it, too) about yourself being seen as less-than or even disgusting. I'm trans, so I'm a girl with male genitalia and body hair, and I feel disgusting for that quite often. Especially the body hair (since I have male pattern chest and butt hair. Ew.). And like, I'll never be cis, just like you'll never be white... it sucks that society creates these standards for us that can never be met. And so they just eat at us until we learn to live with it. It's horrible.

RIGHT. You probably get this more than I can even imagine. and you're right: the cis white straight infrastructure is so taxing. it constantly gnaws at you.

Honestly thank you all so much.

• Sobrefluf, Alexish, gonnamakeitthistime and 1 other like this

#7 Guest_Roses&Glass_*

Guest_Roses&Glass_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:03 AM

To be honest... I'm white and have an ass that won't go away even underweight.

I've always been jealous of black girls because I feel like they have a much better body than white ones (again white myself). Like you guys (or at least some but I see quite a lot of girls looking that way) get to have narrower hips than us, YET still have curves in the right places and pretty proportionate (like tiny waist, tiny curves) at that. And your thighs don t seem to have the disproportionately jiggly bit at the top when you lose weight (like your thighs seem straight from hip to knee without the "blob" of flesh where the thigh gap is that sooooooooo many white girls, even thin, have. AND very little cellulitis (which plagues pretty much 90% of the white female population no matter what weight)

Tbh I pretty much find any other ethnicity than white more attractive body wise for girls. But black girls (or even mixed) are soooooooooooooooo pretty <3 and gorgeous. 

hang in there xx

• Lotus.flr, cactustrash, honoguma and 5 others like this

#8 falling_caterwauling

falling_caterwauling

Sage

• Members
  • 1188 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:15 AM

Im white but i also sorta understand where you are coming from because im italian. Im short and ive always been very curvy. Big hips/thighs/boobs. I will never have the body of say a skinny blonde girl with small bone structure small dainty legs and cute small boobs. Those white girls who are naturally thin and can wear short shorts with out fat jiggling and rubbing together.....or my shorts scrunching up into my crotch because my big jiggly thighs are in the way.

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk
  • cactustrash, Hurt, gonnamakeitthistime and 1 other like this

tumblr_mf7fwySQb31r7amvbo1_500.gif

jXwazkh.gif    

Ednos (ana/mia cycle) SW:172 CW:141 1stGW:135 2ndGW:129 3rdGW; 120 UGW:100

#9 Guest_peachfae_*

Guest_peachfae_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:39 AM

I felt like this for a long time (i'm mixed latina). I think because the world does such a fantastic job of romantisizing fairness and delicateness or light light tans and blonde hair and things like that. Things like that are pretty but i've never really seen other girls who aren't white romantisized that way. Regardless know that you can still be beautiful and whimsical as you like and no one who stereotypes or tries to pigeonhole girls of color is worth listening to. I've embraced having honey colored skin, and i compliment it with soft colored makeup and sundresses and golden accessories. I have textured curly hair and i embrace it, put it into pretty fishtail braids or do princessy hairstyles and learn to love it. I really hate my body and i think it's in part due to never feeling beautiful enough or like i could be /that/because i'm darker and i feeling like i need to fit the stereotypes people have of latinas, but i've sort of separated that from my race/non whiteness and now i try to carry those things that make me different and really cherish them. They are special and pretty, and i love seeing girls who are beautiful to me that are also brown skinned (some off the top of my head are like kelly gale, chanel iman, ect). I think seeing other brown girls, feeling that they are really beautiful and seeing those traits we share is sort of calming in a way.

• foreversmall, cactustrash, Leonnoire and 1 other like this

#10 ℱox

ℱox

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4456 posts
  • Location[Insert Something Poetic Here]

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:01 PM

God, this makes me sad. You are just as beautiful as cliche coffee shop white girls. Your skin colour does not nor will it ever take away from that.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk
  • Lotus.flr, UrbanDivaBaby, cactustrash and 2 others like this

Resistance = Change.

Fitbit

MyFitnessPal Username: SilverFoxess

Progress. Starting over.

Spoiler

Aᴄᴄᴏᴜɴᴛᴀʙɪʟɪᴛʏ

🐇🍄🍊

Is my ED a side effect of me being a cunt

#11 Not Today Satan

Not Today Satan

Hot Mess Express

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11161 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:08 PM

So what? You don't have to be white to look pretty and dainty. I wish I could post pictures of my sister (even tho she's a pain in my ass). She's black and she's really tiny, beautiful curly hair, gorgeous face and she models for Nylon. She looks better than most girls, including white girls.

Dunno what race/ethnicity you are but you should check out the "POC" thread in the thinspo subforum. Lots of beautiful women of all shades. I assure you you'll feel better.
  • cactustrash, next2normal, raspberryswirl and 2 others like this
'I just want to be okay'

My (new) accountability/rant/body check thread

http://www.myproana..../#entry60724466

#12 Guest_lettuce.eat_*

Guest_lettuce.eat_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:12 PM

White girls will never be your color. No matter how badly they want to be no matter how much they tan. You have something they don't and its precious. Embrace your color.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk
  • cactustrash, Neo Queen Dobby and Quinpin like this

#13 Violin

Violin

Omniscient

• Moderators
  • 4285 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:29 PM

You won't be a clone of them, no, but you will be every ounce as gorgeous. If it helps, I hope there's someone here who can demonstrate what everyone is trying to tell you. Being white would make you no more or less elegant than you already are/will be.

I know there's a long and sticky general discussion about goals, disorder and thinspo somewhere in here, but if that's what you want to achieve, you can. Skin color is never a barrier to beauty.

• cactustrash and bonnieran like this

Some favorite MPA quotes:

Spoiler

- - . - -

killed-the-bird birdcage,
bone, abacus, xylophone;
i’m plexiglass sculpture;
i’m thistle. i’m photosynthesis,
bitches, and i’m halfway
to the sun, so watch me burn
edges. let me show you

how it’s done.

(source)

if you think you recognize me from somewhere else, please talk to me privately.

- - . - -

(x)

#14 Guest_chiffonhighsociety_*

Guest_chiffonhighsociety_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:35 PM

Idk today out of nowhere it completely dawned on me that no matter how skinny I get I will never be white. I'll never fulfill the image of those sweet and pretty white girls with long hair at cafes or perched in windows. Idk sorry this is stupid. 

You can be sweet, pretty and have long hair. Don't need to be white to have any of those things.

• cactustrash, Violin and faerie-lo like this

#15 Olively

Olively

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1754 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:08 PM

Don't let society make you feel this way OP.

Also.. everyone is talking about their body shape due to their race and stuff. And someone else said they were jealous of black women's body. I'm black and I've never had an ass, I have zero hips and I guess you could say I have the small frame/body shape that is similar to most white girls. Not ALL black women  have big asses/hips etc. Just as not ALL white women are flat/have no hips. I just wanted to point that out because most of the women in my family do. I've been laughed at for not having an ass, I've been made fun of for being black and not having an ass/hips. For having this square shape. I don't really give a shit anymore, but I just wanted to point that out. Like when I used to talk to guys online, they would literally stop talking to me after they realized I had no ass. I'm just tired of everyone assuming that I have the same body shape as the majority of women in my race. I understand that MOST black women do have these body shapes. Idk I just felt the need to say this. So love yourselves. Love your shapes. We are just born with what we get. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, everyone has different preferences. Someone is looking at you down the street and admiring how beautiful you are. You just don't know it. 

I'm such a hypocrite though my self-esteem is non-existent.

• UrbanDivaBaby, NatalieBoleyn, Bo-Captain_Cuddle_Buns and 13 others like this

GW1: 140 GW2: 130 GW3: 120 UGW: 115

145 140 135 130 125 120 115 

10 Hearts for June

original.gif

accountability - shrinking for summer

#16 toluidine

toluidine

Sage

• Members
  • 1199 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:09 PM

coloured girls in those sort of pictures look regal af!! There is something about embracing their colour and having self confidence that emanates from them in a very powerful way.

I'm sorry you've subconsciously been striving for the white idealised body. Better you realise now then torture yourself without knowing why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Height 5'7 | BMI 31.5 

202 201 200

199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190

189 188 187 186 185 184 183 182 181 180

179 178 177 176 175 174 173 172 171 170

169 168 167 166 165 164 163 162 161 160

159 158 157 156 155 154 153 152 151 150

149 148 147 146 145 144 143 142 141 140

139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130
129 128 127 126 125 124 123 122 121 120
119 118 117 116 115 114 113 112 111 110

Count my abilities

#17 toluidine

toluidine

Sage

• Members
  • 1199 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:20 PM

b7c4719444005cb518d3e7187a3fee85.jpg
15c8995c52b616d586f0cbc24adc3d22.jpg

• bedelita, Fwisty, NotSoSweetTea and 12 others like this

Height 5'7 | BMI 31.5 

202 201 200

199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190

189 188 187 186 185 184 183 182 181 180

179 178 177 176 175 174 173 172 171 170

169 168 167 166 165 164 163 162 161 160

159 158 157 156 155 154 153 152 151 150

149 148 147 146 145 144 143 142 141 140

139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130
129 128 127 126 125 124 123 122 121 120
119 118 117 116 115 114 113 112 111 110

Count my abilities

#18 gabbygraisbury

gabbygraisbury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:50 PM

I am Swedish/Italian and my best friend is Jamaican.

I have always envied and been completely jealous over her curves, her ability to carry weight proportionately, her gorgeous natural curls, her lips!

But she told me like two weeks ago that she envies MY body, and she wishes she had MY straight, boring hair, MY blue eyes.

It really opened my eyes! These disordered thoughts cause us to be our own worst enemy at times. Hang in there :)

• cactustrash, Moonstone_Bones, ghostlyfox and 2 others like this

#19 kittenmouse

kittenmouse

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Locationseattle, wa

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:53 PM

Op! ! I was the same! ever since I was little and saw all the beautiful white girls on TV and all the beautiful white girls in school I tried so hard to aspire to be like them but in the end I couldn't and that's not a bad thing. Right now I live in the whitest city in America and sometimes it's hard when you don't see someone like you almost ever but you're beautiful and special and unique. You can't be the "white girl in the cafe" but you can be the beautiful black goddess who radiates a special light.

It's really hard to stop thinking all the anti black thoughts that are kinda pushed on us from our families and the world around us but it's possible! I suggest following some black tumblr blogs and looking into the black girl magic movement!! You got this! if you need someone to talk to I'm totally here.
  • toluidine, NotSoSweetTea, cactustrash and 7 others like this

line09.gif

kill me pls

line09.gif

#20 Guest_TheDownwardSpiral_*

Guest_TheDownwardSpiral_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:24 PM

This really hits me. No one ever sees POC as being artsy or creative, just as being 'sassy', 'sexual' or just thugs.
  • ᴠᴇʀɪsɪᴍɪʟɪᴛᴜᴅᴇ, NotSoSweetTea, cactustrash and 3 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users