I need advice - Muscle Dysmorphia - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

I need advice

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ғʟᴏᴡᴇʀʙᴏʏ

ғʟᴏᴡᴇʀʙᴏʏ

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1595 posts
  • LocationShooting Star Summit

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:57 AM

And not the tips and tricks kind, don't worry. 

My boyfriend is incredibly skinny, like nearly skeletal other than being well toned because he works out daily. But I'm starting to pick up on some disordered habits of his, such as working out nightly and getting anxious if he cant, or binging after, or binging before. He's aware that he's underweight, but he's convinced that he needs to gain more and more muscle and eat less. (he also calls himself fat sometimes despite being a twig imo) 

I know nothing about muscle dysmorphia at all, and he doesn't know I'm picking up on things, I don't think. I don't even know if it's muscle dysmorphia he's displaying. Could anyone here give me advice on how I can be supportive to him? How would you want your significant other to be toward you in your disorder? I'm sorry if my wording is bad, my english isn't great ;n; 

tumblr_inline_mxo2teC4f31qk1or3.gif Always ready to sleep tho tumblr_inline_mljkweMGkv1qz4rgp.gif

tumblr_inline_mojkb8KR9y1qz4rgp.gif Let's talk about Pokemon tumblr_inline_mojkbc0jRa1qz4rgp.gif

tumblr_m497rrZ0j11qid2nw.gif UGW: Dead. It's a mental illness. tumblr_m497rrZ0j11qid2nw.gif

#2 Kawaii Pastel

Kawaii Pastel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Location~ Kawaii Land ~

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:05 AM

it defiantly sounds like he has an eating disorder and try not to get sucked into his mental disorder
  • ғʟᴏᴡᴇʀʙᴏʏ likes this

Spoiler

Vegan

#3 ғʟᴏᴡᴇʀʙᴏʏ

ғʟᴏᴡᴇʀʙᴏʏ

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1595 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:06 AM

it defiantly sounds like he has an eating disorder and try not to get sucked into his mental disorder

ugh I'm already wayyyy into my own, I think that's why I picked up on it so fast. Thank you <3 

• Kawaii Pastel likes this

tumblr_inline_mxo2teC4f31qk1or3.gif Always ready to sleep tho tumblr_inline_mljkweMGkv1qz4rgp.gif

tumblr_inline_mojkb8KR9y1qz4rgp.gif Let's talk about Pokemon tumblr_inline_mojkbc0jRa1qz4rgp.gif

tumblr_m497rrZ0j11qid2nw.gif UGW: Dead. It's a mental illness. tumblr_m497rrZ0j11qid2nw.gif

#4 Cage's Mistress

Cage's Mistress

Omniscient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3121 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:03 AM

He can't gain more muscle and eat less and less. You need to eat to gain muscle. If not muscle dysmorphia, it's something else. He has an eating disorder.

Does he know that he has a problem? If not, maybe you should bring it up gently. Be caring, but not aggressive. Also, don't help his disorder, but be supportive.

Somewhat recovered and striving for fitness goals.

13285418_1740050486209500_406369282_n.jp

Chanel Collette. Goddess.

#5 ғʟᴏᴡᴇʀʙᴏʏ

ғʟᴏᴡᴇʀʙᴏʏ

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1595 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:50 AM

He can't gain more muscle and eat less and less. You need to eat to gain muscle. If not muscle dysmorphia, it's something else. He has an eating disorder.

Does he know that he has a problem? If not, maybe you should bring it up gently. Be caring, but not aggressive. Also, don't help his disorder, but be supportive.

Thank you for your kind reply! I'm not sure how aware he is honestly, of his problem or how much I know. But I know from experience it can be pretty darn easy to hide.
Ill bring it up in a gentle manner when the time is right. Thank you again!

#6 Linkin

Linkin

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1117 posts
  • LocationNumber World

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:47 PM

You may want to give him encouragement on being more healthy. Like, if you want to gain muscle, you need to eat at a surplus. He's not doing that. Unfortunately, it's hard to help someone else be healthy without also being committed to that yourself. 

It actually seems like he'd be more healthy if he did reach his goals, because maybe he would have a better sense of self-esteem, and he wouldn't be underweight anymore. 

UckuXaL.png

I want a thigh gap like Lemongrab before he got fat and ate his brother.

#7 Lovest9ty

Lovest9ty

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationDen haag

Posted 05 December 2019 - 02:16 PM

Soundsb like it see a dokter. Dus have the like symtems and have Muscle Dysmorphia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users