My ED/SelfHarm/Mental Illness MASTER eBook Drop - Page 2 - Books and Poems - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

My ED/SelfHarm/Mental Illness MASTER eBook Drop

ed ana self harm mental illness books mental health ebooks

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 Justapackoframennoodles

Justapackoframennoodles

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:36 PM

Thank you so much for this! Which ones would you recommend I read first?

#22 Helvegen

Helvegen

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:31 PM

omg thank you so much!!! i know what i'm doing this afternoon lol

• Doomsayer likes this

my shitty accountability: http://www.myproana....accountability/

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
    Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
    In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
    und bin im Wasser verbrannt
    Im Wasser verbrannt

#23 Doomsayer

Doomsayer

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:30 PM

updated with a few books, in the first section! sorry I've been real depressed and like.. its been a bit hard to find good books tbh I've mostly been re reading stuff I like?

to my mistress, the bridge: I don't feel well

tumblr_opsrsxKKaN1tvso1qo1_540.gif

#24 Doomsayer

Doomsayer

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:31 PM

Hi!

I just (finally) downloaded every single book you have there, and a few of them don't work. These are the epub-files (not the pdf-files; they work great!) and they are not opened by either Adobe Reader (pdf) or Adobe Digital Editions (epubs and other ebook-extentions). These are the books that don't work:

1. Cutters Don't cry
  2. Girl, Interrupted
  3. I Never Promised You A Rose Garden
  4. Manic
  5. Prozac Nation
  6. The Quiet Room
  7. Zoe Letting Go

I'm very grateful for the others books that DO work obviously! I just wonder if anybody had the same problem (or if maybbeeee you could try to fix it by re-uploadinggggg.... :wub:??? I wanted to read at least three of those haha.).

Cheers x

Disconnected  :ph34r:  

Heya ! sorry for the SUPER late reply, I didnt get notifications for awhile but I did do some digging awhile back for a DRM removal thingy but didnt come up with a sucessful solution.. (if they are DRM locked its because I purchased them) 

The website I usually am able to find books like these has since been shut which super sucks for me because I LOVE reading and I cant find shit since, the usual areas of torrenting in general dont favour books at all. Anyway I'm going to screenshot this and tag it, keep looking and remove the books so theres no confusion. Thanks for letting me know and I'm SO sorry dear! It doesn't really tell me which are purchased or not so I just dumped it all, I though those would be old ones I downloaded, Anyhow I hope I can find them :)

#25 Doomsayer

Doomsayer

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:32 PM

Thank you so much for this! Which ones would you recommend I read first?

What have you read and what topic are you looking to read about? 

#26 Doomsayer

Doomsayer

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:39 PM

Well somehow someone at some stage went through and perhaps accidentally deleted .... everything out of all of the categories except ED/Self Harm. I'm just going to leave that there. Other topics will be under maintenance until, who knows.

#27 Doomsayer

Doomsayer

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:04 PM

I've updated this, remade the google drive completely, added a few books, taken a few out that did not work. Cheers!

• shiju333 and backonthescales like this

#28 shiju333

shiju333

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1556 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:15 PM

I've updated this, remade the google drive completely, added a few books, taken a few out that did not work. Cheers!

OMG! You had books in there I hadn't read! My unofficial life's pursuit: to read every Ed fiction book, so it's super rare I come across a book like that. Thank you!!!!
  • BeanpoleThin, Doomsayer and HESTIAtheMYSTIC like this

"The only antidote to mental suffering is physical pain." ~ Karl Marx

#29 HESTIAtheMYSTIC

HESTIAtheMYSTIC

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:43 AM

Coolbeans. Hey, I read "The Best Little Girl in The World" before sometime in middle school. Good read!
Just Survive Somehow

My Poetry Thread: http://www.myproana....ongs/?p=8049085

"Only a small fraction of sugars are absorbed in the mouth. The mouth mucosa doesn't have the intestinal villi required for proper break down of nutrients. Nutrient (fat, protein, carbs ) absorption occurs in the small intestine where they are broken down into calories. Some absoprtion also occurs in the large intestine, mainly electrolytes and some vitamins. The stomachs main purpose is mixing food and bringing it into a state that allows for easier nutrient extraction in the small intestine. Hardly any calorie absorption occurs in the stomach, unless it's sugars that are already in a readily accesible state (e.g about 20% of sugar from alcohol is absorbed through the stomach lining).Because of this, you are throwing up all the calories of whatever you manage to get out. You can't purge anything that's been passed into the small intestine."************************ by DreamingoftheSea

#30 xbellatrixie

xbellatrixie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:51 PM

My depression book will be done in 3 months max. Can I add it there even if I`m author?

#31 Doomsayer

Doomsayer

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:18 AM

My depression book will be done in 3 months max. Can I add it there even if I`m author?

Sure yeah, just wrap it up In epub and put it in the book drop zone :) I'm writing a memoir myself, its daunting, 100k words in and I feel like I need to rewrite it.

#32 Doomsayer

Doomsayer

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:19 AM

Added Girl. Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen (geez finally? idk why the internet was hiding this again)

#33 Doomsayer

Doomsayer

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:22 AM

Coolbeans. Hey, I read "The Best Little Girl in The World" before sometime in middle school. Good read!

Yeah its one of those early bird anorexia books (along with like, Goodbye Paper Doll? - I cant think of anything super old Paperdoll was like 1980 - of course I cant find ebook yet!)

Although the author was sort of a crackpot doctor who thought he could cure anorexia. Either way its very good read I think everyone loves it a lot ha its a lot of peoples favourites.

The movie is movie, I think I read in Wasted that it was shown in treatment centres in the 80s which put patients up in arms because the actress starved herself for the role. 

#34 Doomsayer

Doomsayer

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:23 AM

OMG! You had books in there I hadn't read! My unofficial life's pursuit: to read every Ed fiction book, so it's super rare I come across a book like that. Thank you!!!!

Hahah so many out there are REALLLY BAD I hope to read all of the good ones, but I'll put them all in there. Maybe I'll like, post what I think is a must read because there are definitely some way better than others. 99% of ED books are really terrible. ANYWAY I'm glad you are happy with this :)

#35 backonthescales

backonthescales

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1891 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:33 AM

Dipped in it again, thank you!

• Doomsayer likes this

Book Reviews - Backonthescales's ED Bookshelf

‚Äč

mainly on Pancakes & PAO now, but retaining acc for messages/posts on my bookshelf.

#36 lovelines

lovelines

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1203 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:50 AM

Yeah its one of those early bird anorexia books (along with like, Goodbye Paper Doll? - I cant think of anything super old Paperdoll was like 1980 - of course I cant find ebook yet!)

Although the author was sort of a crackpot doctor who thought he could cure anorexia. Either way its very good read I think everyone loves it a lot ha its a lot of peoples favourites.

The movie is movie, I think I read in Wasted that it was shown in treatment centres in the 80s which put patients up in arms because the actress starved herself for the role.

did you know that Steven Levenkron (author of The Best Little Girl in the World) was Karen Carpenter's therapist? I find that so intriguing for some reason. I know there probably weren't that many other ED therapists in the early 80s so he could be a crackpot and nobody knew any better but still lmao
"My feeling always was that she wanted to disappear. I certainly know that's not a medical diagnosis, but that is what it seemed like."

#37 CoffeeAddictLilly

CoffeeAddictLilly

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1475 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:42 PM

Is this the same as the other one? I thought there was one like this already that also had a folder for classics and general fiction and non fiction and other subcategories

#38 LettuceTaco

LettuceTaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:19 AM

Bless your soul, I have about 100 bucks worth of books on my wishlist but I am a broke university student and this it included some of the books <3

Height 5'9" - SW 172 lbs - CW 151.7 lbs - GW1 148 lbs - GW2 143 lbs - GW3 132 lbs - UGW 121 lbs

weight.png

#39 Brittleboneprince

Brittleboneprince

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • 1516 posts
  • LocationCanadia

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:38 AM

Ahhhh thanks so much for this !

"Created Sick, Commanded to be sound"

wpNR1aTZbZSnpC098H3G.gif Accountability wpNR1aTZbZSnpC098H3G.gif

tumblr_inline_namywwFdoK1snulow.gif Food Log tumblr_inline_namywwFdoK1snulow.gif

I'm more active on mypancakeaddiction!

Ht: 5'5.5

Hw: 90 | Cw: 71 | Ugw: 45

rocket_james_m_a2__battle_front__by_fbla

#40 anotherhollowdoll

anotherhollowdoll

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:00 AM

Anyone know where I can download You Remind Me Of You?
~ throw me in the dirt and stomp, I belong with the worms ~
I just wanted to feel like I existed but I soon wanted to disappear

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ed, ana, self harm, mental illness, books, mental health, ebooks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

fizzle