What Do You Do to Make Yourself Feel Pretty? - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

What Do You Do to Make Yourself Feel Pretty?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Lissa <3

Lissa <3

Lissa <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

I shave every day, paint my nails, do my hair, put on make up and jewelry, have "spa" days and wear pretty clothes..some days I still feel like shit, but at least I try! 

• Ana Brujana likes this

Just call me beautiful <3 

...and eventually, I'll believe you

borderline

KiK: shootingstars2639                                                                                      obsessive compulsive

myfitnesspal: greentea2639                                                                                        major depressive                                                               

Facebook  

#2 Guest_Barbie_*

Guest_Barbie_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

I think you're trying pretty hard lol 

I'm more the natural kind of girl but I still enjoy putting on mascara and painting my nails :)

#3 lostinthedark

lostinthedark

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

I just paint my nails and do my hair. For real, I don't like my clothes and my nails same as I painting they are gnawed, so that's horrible. and I don't use any bracelets or earrings. I'm a girl but sometimes I feel like a boy, lol

2e0k8ie.png

#4 JarofRoses

JarofRoses

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

Round brush my hair and put on a lot of make up. I haven't been feeling to great about myself lately so I've been wearing baggy clothes and paying more attention to my face/hair.

• glamourfiend likes this

#5 anabritchick

anabritchick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

I wear makeup, paint my nails, and staighten or curl my hair

#6 Guest_cherry.cola_*

Guest_cherry.cola_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

I shave, paint my nails,do my makeup,and exfoliate my skin.I still feel ugly though:( I try dressing up but I just hate how all clothes look bad on me.I can't do anything to my hair I just have to let it air dry then brush it.I'm trying to grow out my hair and I'm scared any flat irons or blow dryers or hair spray will damage it.So my hair always looks like crap.

#7 Iwish

Iwish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

its so bad. i actually think that i have an addiction to clothing. if i dont wear an outfit that i love, i feel like the ugliest person and cant be happy the entire day. 

#8 Guest_makemethin!_*

Guest_makemethin!_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:24 AM

well am tryna make more of an effort. i might be fat still but at least i cud try u know? so tanning, makeup, doing my hair and painting my nails too x

#9 Smalls

Smalls

Ana Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationCentral Valley, California

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

Lisa<3 I don't do all that stuff every day but my nails aare always painted properly unless its a long Tiring week. I always do my hair, always do my makeup. I don't like curl my hair and cake my name up on everyday, just my normal routine.
And I buy clothes. Fashion, tons and tons of fashion friendly clothes. (:

#10 Srivastra

Srivastra

Advanced Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1393 posts
  • LocationKentuckiana

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

I feel pretty when I exercise. I think nothing is sexier than a body in motion and the thought that every footstep, squat, pushup, jumping jack, and stretch makes me stronger, thinner, and more muscular (I'm going for tone) puts a smile on my face. When I'm on the treadmill I just stare at the calorie counter and grin as it climbs higher and higher.

After that I shower - if you don't have a loofa you should totally get one!- exfoliate, put lotion on my whole body, make up, hair, outfit and BAM! Feelin fierce!

Also, and this is kinda bad/mean/selfish but when I feel super pooey I look up stories on obese people and just by not being them I feel a little better.

#11 Guest_Sleepsongs_*

Guest_Sleepsongs_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

i get piercings, dye my hair, and do my makeup! i'm not keen on things that take a lot of time/patience, so i don't tend to paint my nails very often.

damn do i love makeup though

#12 Quin ♥_♥ Darling

Quin ♥_♥ Darling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

I put a huge paper bag over my head and look in the mirror... I can't see my flaws so I feel pretty if only for that moment...

• LSDnCAKE and dyingtobe98lbs like this

“I am constantly torn between killing myself and killing everyone around me.” 

― David LevithanWill Grayson, Will Grayson

#13 Guest_darkness_girl_*

Guest_darkness_girl_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:28 AM

I wear extravagant clothes, do a lot of makeup, I love to colour my hair, now I have black,. I think I look pretty with it all, but I hate how I look naked and without makeup.

#14 Guest_messyss_*

Guest_messyss_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:42 AM

i get piercings, dye my hair, and do my makeup! i'm not keen on things that take a lot of time/patience, so i don't tend to paint my nails very often.

damn do i love makeup though

^ thats about right 

#15 Guest_Faerhie_*

Guest_Faerhie_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

I don't leave the house without doing my hair and make-up because otherwise I feel too ugly.

I seem to have a lot of clothes but never anything that looks good.

I exfoliate and do a face mask once a week.

I dye my hair.

I don't really bother with tanning and I don't paint my nails very often, maybe just file them so they look neater.

#16 StarvingDoll

StarvingDoll

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

I wear make up everyday (most people think it's a lot and say it looks like it take hours to do), I curl my hair everyday, I wear fake nails all the time, I wear jewellry everyday, I shave and wax when needed, I do spa day every week with facial mask, handscrub, foth bath, body scrub etc. I always paint my toe nails. That's it I guess, but I feel like I'm not trying hard enough.

I am your butter and your bread. The voice that's in your head. I take you in and fill you up with a lack of being fed. - Ana

TEb3p2.png

完全無欠さに飢える!

#17 skinnyandfit

skinnyandfit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationLA, Cali

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

getting my hair and nails done always lifts my mood. and shoe shopping!

19, 5'4

CW: 131lbs

CW: 127.5 lbs

GW: 120lbs

UGW: 115lbs

"complaining doesn't burn calories."

#18 edie

edie

Sage

• Supporter
  • 945 posts
  • LocationSouth France

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

I love nail polish and do my nails often I used to have them done by a pro but I'm trying to save money now. Problem is my nails just look perfect for 1 or 2 days! Maybe I should buy some gel colors...

signaturey

#19 ImNotOkay

ImNotOkay

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

Buying new clothes... I have big boobs and a skinny waist then big hips so it's hard to find clothes that look good. Baggy t-shirts look like balloons, but fitted ones show my fat tummy. So when I find something that fits just right I feel so pretty (until I look at the sizes)

#20 CollarBonesLoveBlackCats

CollarBonesLoveBlackCats

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:58 AM

I take a bubble bath with sented candles ^.^
SOMETIMESTOSTAYALIVEYOUGOTTAKILLYOURMIND

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users