Gay Guys Here? - Page 11 - Males with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Gay Guys Here?

Gay Male ED LGBT

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#201 Anorexic Fairyboy

Anorexic Fairyboy

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1070 posts
  • Locationnew york city

Posted 17 May 2020 - 06:18 PM

take a guess based on my username LMAOOOO

but yeah i think were both more likely to have eds and more likely to go on pro ana sites, since its sort of “feminized” to be conscious of your weight and appearance and str8 guys are often afraid of that (plus, oppression and bullying and the normate gay aesthetic and whatnot)
  • eventhorizon likes this

Height: 5'4.5"
HW: 122

LW: 102
CW: 104.8
GW 1: 105
GW 2: 95
UGW: 80

Goals:

-Collarbones

-thigh gap of an inch

-ribs when stretching 

-ribs in general

-hipbones prominent 

-hipbones visible

-hand around wrist

-bony wrists

-hand around upper arm

-no more "flab"/minimal

-cheekbones

-spine

-shoulder blades when tensed

-shoulder blades

"If I gave up on being pretty, I wouldn't know how to be alive/I should move to a brand new city and teach myself how to die"

Spoiler

#202 crow-nova

crow-nova

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 02:57 AM

Yep! While I'm technically bisexual I definitely am more interested in men (and masculine presenting nb people) than women. I used to be more interested in women earlier in life, but now I'm a lot more proud of my queer identity and feel more comfortable dating men.

I think EDs are more common among MLM because there is a large pressure from the media (and other gay men!) to look a certain way. There's a few stereotypical archetypes that I find really annoying but are literally the only types of gay men that are represented in media and it's like either you're dead skinny, you're a muscled god, or you're a bear. Fatphobia and extreme judgement about appearances are also prominent on the major gay dating apps, which doesn't help at all. Trying to achieve a normatively desirable body is something that gay men are somewhat expected to do, whereas straight men are all "dad bod" and all this other shit. I mean there's some pressure on straight men to look a certain way, but I feel it's definitely less than for gay men, imo. Just speaking as someone who walks both sides of the aisle, so to say.

Of course, there's probably a lot of other factors that play into why gay men get EDs more, for example as a coping mechanism or a way to exert control over the world when the world is so hostile towards you, yknow? Trauma can also play into ED development, and gay men lead (on average) more traumatic lives than straight men.

• oujisama likes this

I'm Crow, he/him. Struggling since 2012.
Ethical Vegan - Human Liberation/Animal Liberation ✊

Accountability

Halloween Competition

Stats:

Spoiler

#203 Katurian

Katurian

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 August 2020 - 11:10 PM

Yep, I'm gay--a fact that's surprising to basically no one lol

I think men in general get shamed for expressing themselves too much through physical appearance (and that's damaging in its own way). But queer men are expected to put a lot of thought into it, while also getting shamed for it on the side. Do you seem gay enough? Too gay? The wrong kind of gay? No matter what, someone's going to judge you for the way you look, so it's easy to end up obsessing over it. Add in some social/familial rejection and it's really no wonder so many queer guys end up with EDs.

• hydrangeagarden likes this

He/Him, 23

Spoiler

#204 oujisama

oujisama

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1552 posts
  • Locationteyvat

Posted 22 August 2020 - 11:32 PM

Add me to the list lol.

A lot of guys I've matched with on Tinder are fit af so there's a lot of pressure there for me to get back to my LW (which are when my pics are from) since that's what they swiped right on. A big part of my ED(s) is trauma-fueled though, and a good chunk of my C-PTSD is in regards to my abusive mother's ignorance towards the LGBT+ community as a whole. So I guess wanting acceptance for who I am combined with wanting a body that would be "acceptable" to a partner.

• Weldon likes this

daht2n9-657ce722-bb23-416b-baff-44836ee4

d86kpls-359c10b8-1779-4663-b5ec-7066fd2d Height: 162.5cm - CW: 53.7kg - GW: 44kg - UGW: Happy d72ad6c-f22ee36a-6e1f-4eb7-a1df-f422ac15

My Accountability Thread

#205 goattea

goattea

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 12:24 AM

Lowkey gay here 😉
Spoiler

#206 Androgenoussy

Androgenoussy

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUp my own anus

Posted 25 August 2020 - 03:41 PM

Raging homosexual male who identifies as non-binary here LMAO. :wub:​ 

#207 awNothing

awNothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 29 August 2020 - 11:52 AM

Gay male here.

#208 Starashium

Starashium

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 10:57 PM

Tranny Faggot here, most guys I know with an ED are FTM gay guys, definitely a trend

#209 Opheliandre

Opheliandre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 09:30 PM

Not openly. Maybe one day I'll be content enough with it to advertise otherwise, but probably not.

“I always wanted you to admire my fasting,” said the hunger artist.
“We do admire it,” said the overseer, affably.
“But you shouldn’t admire it,” said the hunger artist.
“Well then we don’t admire it,” said the overseer, “but why shouldn’t we admire it?” 
“Because I have to fast, I can’t help it,” said the hunger artist.

—Franz Kafka, Ein Hungerkünstler

wHupWoh.png

#210 Cyclades

Cyclades

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1078 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 09 September 2020 - 10:38 PM

Gay but mostly asexual
  • djsta likes this

#211 ChoosingCheatos

ChoosingCheatos

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 10:11 PM

Hello!

#212 doblepasse

doblepasse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 26 October 2020 - 09:06 AM

I find being gay is very tied to my ED. I want to be small and thin to fit the more submissive role in a relationship

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gay, Male, ED, LGBT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users