Foundation (calling All Olive/yellow Tone Girls) - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Foundation (calling All Olive/yellow Tone Girls)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sadnessandsunshine

Sadnessandsunshine

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:21 AM

I have a skin tone that is oily and has a yellow/olive undertone. My problem is finding the right brand (so sad at my age lol). Revlon has great shades but is terrible on skin (like acne). Almay is amazing on my skin. My skin becomes flawless from it and is better after wearing it. My problem with almay is finding a shade that works. The only shade that I found with a yellow undertone was too dark for me. The rest are too light and are embarrassing in pictures...for example! I wear an almay shade that doesn't have a yellow undertone and in a pic you will notice a very yellow neck and arms on me and a perfectly white face so not matching the rest of me. Does anyone know of a good inexpensive foundation that has yellow undertones and improves skin (like acne)? A brand that compares to almay? I miss my old pretty skin. I hate the breakouts.

#2 CollarboneDreams

CollarboneDreams

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

I'm exactly like you. I've been using Makeup Forever HD for about 2-3 years and I love it, even though it is pricey. But recently I kept hearing about L'oreal's True Match (not the small glass bottles but the taller ones with clear caps) and I'm in love with it! They've got a ton of shades for all different types, and I haven't had any breakouts or reactions. Extremely comparable to Makeup Forever's but soo much cheaper - especially if you get it at Walmart!

5"3

HW: 133
LW:115

CW: 127
GW1: 122
GW2: 117

GW3: 110

UGW: 107

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.

#3 Anaandalexis

Anaandalexis

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

L'oreal has a good foundation range but you'll have to set it with a powder. I'm not sure how oily you are. Right now I'm using mayballine's fit me foundation stick. It's sand beige or something like that. The 3 or 4th color in the range. It's not super yellow. But it's not super pink either. It's neutral. And it helps with my oily skin. I still set it with a powder though

#4 Sadnessandsunshine

Sadnessandsunshine

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

I'm exactly like you. I've been using Makeup Forever HD for about 2-3 years and I love it, even though it is pricey. But recently I kept hearing about L'oreal's True Match (not the small glass bottles but the taller ones with clear caps) and I'm in love with it! They've got a ton of shades for all different types, and I haven't had any breakouts or reactions. Extremely comparable to Makeup Forever's but soo much cheaper - especially if you get it at Walmart!

Ooooh!! Thanks!! Do you know what shades have yellow undertones? I'm currently using sand beige by revlon. When I tried sand beige by almay way too dark which was sad since it had a yellow undertone.

#5 Sadnessandsunshine

Sadnessandsunshine

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

L'oreal has a good foundation range but you'll have to set it with a powder. I'm not sure how oily you are. Right now I'm using mayballine's fit me foundation stick. It's sand beige or something like that. The 3 or 4th color in the range. It's not super yellow. But it's not super pink either. It's neutral. And it helps with my oily skin. I still set it with a powder though

Thanks!! I've actually never tried L'Oréal. I had a traumatizing experience with cover girl and since then I don't use anything without hearing good things first. The cover girl stuff was like water and disappeared on your face shortly after putting on. Eeeeek! I use a toner for oily skin before I put lotion on. Then I put foundation on and powder on my oily spots (forehead, nose, chin, and the spot of my cheeks right by my nose).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users