First Time Spending Weekend At My Boyfriend, Should I Wear Waterproof Makeup? - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

First Time Spending Weekend At My Boyfriend, Should I Wear Waterproof Makeup?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sampurse

sampurse

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

I am a novice when it comes to makeup. I don't want it to be a hassle and I don't want to break out from makeup either.

What makeup do you recommend (just eyeliner or going all out)? Pencil or gel eyeliner? I would like it to be as natural looking as possible.

Is it okay to sleep with makeup and how best to remove it?

Missing my old weight... <_<

#2 Anaandalexis

Anaandalexis

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:24 AM

Please do not sleep with makeup on, it'll make you break out. You don't need to wear a lot of makeup, most girl don't. Just curl your lashes, put some mascara on, put some eyebrow gel on if your eyebrows need a little help staying in place (elf makes a good one for $1), and apply a lip stain if you want. For eyeliner take a dark brown or black eye shadow and line your lash line for a natural/barely there look. You can also do it with pencil. For a more dramatic look use gel, but I recommend you set it with an eyeshadow.

#3 j-u-l-i-e

j-u-l-i-e

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

I use bare minerals, it's a powder foundation and it's mineral so no breakouts.  It gives moderate coverage, even things out and doesn't look like makeup. 

Then I fill in the eyebrows (changes everything), good quality mascara (recommending lancome) add a little dewy gloss and voila! 

Most men like to think you aren't wearing any makeup even if you actually are.  They think of makeup as pink cheeks and purple eye shadow, they are kinda stupid.

Don't sleep with it on cause you'll wake up looking like crap anyhow, it all wipes off on his pillows.  Just go to the bathroom early in the morning and re-do.

Wash the makeup off after the sun goes down and watch a movie together.

HW: ~129   GW1: 110  GW2: 105    GW3: 100    GW4: 95   

~ 5'1"

runhungrytastevictory.tumblr.com

#4 orvix

orvix

Advanced Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

Just bring your purse and buy some makeup wipes to wipe off the old makeup and reapply it in the morning. 

#5 Guest_• ~ ♥ ~ •_*

Guest_• ~ ♥ ~ •_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

I like mineral makeup (foundation and concealer)  + cream concealer that I know won't break me out
Light application of mascara or clear mascara
NYX pencil liner because its cheap and I like the way it smudges and fades. Gels just never worked for me.

Base lotion is usually ben. peroxide face lotion like Proactiv or AcneFree

Brushes: Kabuki flat top + small domed brush to place concealer powder + qtips for blending and removing makeup

I have slept in my mineral makeup when its over the anti acne lotion without problems. Shower in the morning of course but it kinda stays put during sleep. Not as heavy as fresh but still gives slight coverage. I remove it with just facewash and a fresh washcloth. Olive oil on a qtip for any stubborn eye area mascara/liner blobs. The olive oil sorta melts in like a lotion and conditions your lashes too. You may want to rinse your eye area with warm water after cleaning the area with the olive oil.

p.s. never tried "waterproof" makeup other than mascara. I don't care for waterproof mascara at all. It fades strangely and dries out my lashes.

#6 Bibliophile

Bibliophile

Librarian of Sass

• Super Moderators
  • 32118 posts
  • Locationamphetamine logic

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:32 AM

Please don't use make up removing wipes, they are far too harsh on their skin - my friend saw a professional dermatologist for years, and he said if there's one tip you take away to tell your friends it's to not use those. 

P.S. I second doing your eyebrows, it really does change everything. 

#supermod

pirate-radio crackle and cassette fuzz

[I was Rolling Stone’s “Hot Bukowski.” I was the toast of the town. I was puking flowers afterhours; I was letting everybody down]

ybYsYet.jpg?1

I write sometimes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users