Does This Really Happen? - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Does This Really Happen?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ⒽᴇᴀʀᴛⓄғⒼᴏʟᴅ

ⒽᴇᴀʀᴛⓄғⒼᴏʟᴅ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

Hey gals, I have a question.

I heard that anorexia can make my hair fall out, turn my skin/nails yellow, and actually make me fatter.

I know the third one is false ;/

But what about the first two?

And if the do happen, is there anything I can do to prevent it?

• Tydayjailia, salaffibita and SleeriJem like this

CW: 138.0 lbs

ST: 149 lbs

LW: 105 lbs

HW: 151 lbs

GW1: 120 lbs

GW2: 100 lbs

UGW: 90 lbs

#2 Guest_floating_*

Guest_floating_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:16 AM

yes, your hair can fall out, your skin can turn all types of colors including blue depending on what your natural tone is; you can get a grayish cast, a yellowish cast to your skin, w/e.  you can have sagging skin, hollow eyes, irregular heart beats that lead to heart problems, and a myriad of other problems that aren't beautiful.

to prevent it you eat a balanced diet of at least 1200-1500 cals depending on your bmr.  make everything you eat nutritionally packed with vitamins and minerals.  take supplements like a multivitamin, iron, biotin, vitamin e, calcium, vitamin d, magnesium, potassium, etc, to supplement what you don't get daily with your food.  and you can stretch and do exercises in moderation and you should be fine. xx 

• j-u-l-i-e likes this

#3 RunnerSadie

RunnerSadie

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • LocationMS, USA

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:28 AM

Try to get in as much nutrition into the calories you do eat .. Consequences of anorexia are usually do to malnutrition not necessarily low weight or low calories ...

#4 ⒽᴇᴀʀᴛⓄғⒼᴏʟᴅ

ⒽᴇᴀʀᴛⓄғⒼᴏʟᴅ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

Thanks!

CW: 138.0 lbs

ST: 149 lbs

LW: 105 lbs

HW: 151 lbs

GW1: 120 lbs

GW2: 100 lbs

UGW: 90 lbs

#5 yummymeats

yummymeats

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationPacific Coast, US

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

i highly recommend women's multivitamins or teen multivitamins. if you're noticing any of the above mentioned side effects, switch to prenatal vitamins, they have more nutrients

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buddhist

“You're at a party. The popular girls are there. You know you can never be as cool as they are, but when one of them pops a potato chip into her mouth or chooses real Coke over Diet, for that moment you are better”

"Heightened self-consciousness, apartness, an inability to join in, physical shame and self-loathing—they are not all bad. Those devils have been my angels."

EDNOS

Tumblr: http://yummymeats.tumblr.com

MyFitnessPal: yummy_meats

Kik: yummymeats

Contests/challenges: 

Diets: 432 diet

tumblr_mlrt7jCCpO1s5jjtzo1_500.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users